Page 13 of 333 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162363113 ... LastLast

The way Aerial Advance works now is why I lost motivation to go with it, if it was bonus damage as long as your character was in the air I would be all over it. But only when enemies are in the air? The mobs who I would want to launch for bonus damage I can't and the ones I can already die instantly anyways to Aerial Shooting > Satellite Aim(s) or Aerial Shooting > Reverse Tap > Satellite Aim combos so the Aerial Advance bonus wouldn't benefit much there.

I mean I guess maybe it would automatically do bonus damage to those flying bird enemies in Floating Island, they are some annoying bastards but not dangerous enough to max a skill specifically for them for.

Messiah Time does its damage during the spinning gun part of the move, you're supposed to mash buttons during it make it fire more bullets, despite its looks it's a close range move. I still don't think it's great but that's how it works.

The Swag Dodge is supposed to replace the normal Ranger dodge as your main one of use, more invincible frames right off the bat and less recovery time. To do side dodges you press left/right+ special dodge button. Seems easier to do if you use the auto-lock beforehand.(Edit: Ninja'd again oho)
    The Storm Is About To Rage
    Ship 9
    Male Human - HU65 | FI64 | BR65
    Female Newman - FO65 | HU40 | TE65 | FI65 | BR65 | RA33
    Female Cast - RA65 | GU65 | HU65 | BR47

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    The shift action is p. hard to get to do anything other than backflipping, managed to sidejump few times but I couldn't find any reason why I was successful.
    It is relative to the direction your character is facing. If you want to cartwheel from a neutral position, you need to press shift THEN turn your character with WASD/direction. You will see a few frames of the backflip, but it will be cancelled into the cartwheel. If you turn first then shift-dodge, you will backflip in the opposite direction your character turned. Using shift-dodge during attacks or during lock-on makes the dodge easier to use as your character will stay facing the way he/she was attacking. This way, you can easily direct your dodges to the sides or backwards. Don't forget to shoot while shift-dodging. Being able to attack and build PP back while dodging is a huge advantage over other classes!

PS: A neat little trick: you can cancel the animation of the shift-dodge with a skill active or item use. You cannot do this if you shoot during the shift-dodge. Its especially useful if you accidentally use your bullet time dodge(3rd dodge) so you don't have to wait for the long ass animation to finish.

PPS: I'm doing flips n shit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh9YQYmAzBQ
    Last edited by Dinosaur; Sep 19, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Ah, so the movement comes actually while you are in the animation? No wonder I couldn't get it right when I was trying to press shift at the same time as the direction :derp:

And about Messiah Time, duh, no wonder it didn't do anything - does mashing cancel a chance to go into a Just Attack right after it?
    Last edited by jooozek; Sep 18, 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Ah, so the movement comes actually while you are in the animation? No wonder I couldn't get it right when I was trying to press shift at the same time as the direction :derp:

And about Messiah Time, duh, no wonder it didn't do anything - does mashing cancel a chance to go into a Just Attack right after it?
    no, messiahs time mashing will not make you miss a just attack chance.

additional info about chain trigger (i'll include the old ones):
    -it stacks with WB
    -chain break can be triggered with any of your PAs
    -chain trigger attack buff will be active for about 2~3 secs after breaking
    so that means you should spam PA while its still active
    -only buffs YOUR PA damage
    -non-party members will not be able to see the chain target
    -non-party members will not be able to contribute on chain combo

things that i have not yet tested
    - can it be overwritten with another party member's chain trigger?
    Last edited by kyojin; Sep 18, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Multiple Chain Triggers can go on at once, yes, at least according to previous accounts in this topic, and given that you've mentioned that other players can't affect them in any way, that's likely why; they're instanced on the originating player.

Is anyone able to get screenshot confirmation that the Aerial advance skill applies only to the enemy? I've had people tell me it depends on you being in the air instead. Would test it myself, but am currently too low-leveled to notice a difference :/
    Almost 10 years later. Still forever sleep deprived.

Is it just me or are the PAs pretty buggy? Messiah Time... does it hit ever anything? Very often Satellite Aim doesn't do anything even if I kiss the enemy, sometimes it does actual damage but doesn't get stuff in the air. Neither Satellite Aim or Dead Approach can hit the Codeestruction beize. I'm seriously disappointed so far, it's like a melee class, but a gimped melee class, roll is the worst evasion move in the game. You would need to invest few points to save your butt for the time directly after the roll where you are frozen in place for a split of second. The shift action is p. hard to get to do anything other than backflipping, managed to sidejump few times but I couldn't find any reason why I was successful.
    I've never had a problem with Satellite Aim; I can safely say it's one of the best PAs in the game, actually. It's surprisingly powerful, especially with a full Gear, which charges extremely quickly while using it, it's very fast, it's bafflingly cheap at 25 PP, meaning with a full set of like Units can easily net you five shots in a row out of it, and it knocks down large targets that are otherwise irritating (it also almost makes Aerial Advance viable, because it's easy to juggle these guys with it). Its only weaknesses are its range and its small area of effect. As much as this game wants you to use the combo system, you're way better off just going nuts with Satellite Aim and using other PAs situationally.

Try jumping when using it, though. Makes it easier to get headshots, and it doesn't aim as high upward, making it easier to score hits in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Crow View Post
    the wording on that skill is so confusing... This is translated from a japanese wiki: "Damage when you hit the enemy attacks you're in the air rises" and it clearly says 'you're'
    Yeah, it's a little confusing. It can be translated differently depending on how you read it though.
    The original text:
    空中にいるエネミーに攻撃をヒットさせたときダメージが上昇する
    It's not a good description (they just have to add in a "no" possessive particle to make it clear that it's enemies in the air, but apparently they chose to troll everyone), and in terms of English it can be as confusing as "Damage increases when you hit enemy in the air". Which is always a bad way of writing things since no one can tell what it actually meant.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    Another way to think about it is to look at the symbol. It shows arrows pointing diagonally upward to the enemy. This means that the enemy must be above you in order for the skill to take effect. In order for an enemy to be above you, they most likely must be in the air. In addition to that, the monster icon also has a shadow on the ground underneath it. There is a bit of distance between the shadow and the monster therefore implying that the monster is in the air.
    Yep. I didn't think of that though, nice theory that you point out. I was thinking if normal monsters' health increased to the extent that it's impossible to take them out in one standard combo with any class (hopefully, in Very Hard Mode), it would be nice to see something like a Fighter lifting enemies into the air with PAs while Gunners rape them from the bottom. But then again, I doubt that would be as nice when put into practice.

"Competitive by default, humble as deception, crafty in nature."

So wait...sorry if I'm a little slow but...what exactly does the gear gauge do? T~T

Does it have to be full for it's effects to take place? And does it fill with only normal attacks, or any attacks / getting hit in general?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFortegunner View Post
    So wait...sorry if I'm a little slow but...what exactly does the gear gauge do? T~T

Does it have to be full for it's effects to take place? And does it fill with only normal attacks, or any attacks / getting hit in general?

your damage increases as the Heat/Gauge Bar increases, it will reset back to 0 if get hit and the bar decreases over time if your not damaging anything with your twin mechs. and yes the gauge only increases on normal attacks