Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Does anyone know what I'd need to run this game at maximum settings?

Looking at that screenshot thread was a bad idea. Seeing how AWESOME this game can look got me wanting the game to look that good, too. However, I'm not very computer savvy in the least. I know NOTHING about processor names and all that stuff. All I know is that apparently (much to my display), I'd need an NVidia card. And I only know that because of what the game, and another screenshot thread have told me. (Someone took pictures of some special video effect you can only get with an Nvidia card.) I mean, look at this:

Spoiler!

Look at those beautiful graphics.

Spoiler!

Or how about that one?

By the way, THIS is what happens when I set the rendering from 1... to 2:

Spoiler!

THAT. Do you see that? It's ridiculous. Mostly because I don't even have a graphics card. I'm running integrated graphics, here.

I went on HP's website and thought of ordering a PC, maybe put down $200 or so and pay it off each month. But... What sorts of... um, things... should I look for? You know, like, processor and graphics card and all that? Should I just click the highest available options? What is needed to run the game to look as beautiful as some of the screenshots in that screenshot thread? ;_;

OH! One more thing... I notice that the game loads faster for everyone else too, I assume. Based on the one and only time I joined a party with someone and they were already way ahead of me by the time I appeared. Also based on a video I saw in that screenshot thread where the loading screen for them seemed to take 1 or 2 seconds. Honestly, for a second I thought they were editing the loading screen and cutting it off. I timed it, and it takes about 35 seconds to load the lobby after starting the game up, and most areas after that take about 12 seconds to load. But... maybe this has more to do with connection speed? I bet processor... or whatever would also help speed up the loading.

But what is needed to get the same stuff everyone else has? Huge resolution, render settings at 5, all the options at max settings, and even hidden video features, unlimited FPS, all that beautiful stuff? And have it run SMOOTHLY, not like, all choppy, like the computer can barely handle it. I swear, my slow laptop has gotten me killed with the low FPS more times than I care for.

After a quick search on Newegg, here's a good enough PC to run PSO2 at max or close to max settings. Dunno if it's too expensive for you, I tried to choose something that isn't too expensive. It's also possible that there could be better options for a simillar or smaller price, since this was just a quick search on the store page.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227424
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Sep 18, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Hmmm it looks like your problem is your background. That color is all wrong, see? You gotta change it to a red background. That should boost your computer up to about... 3x faster than it is now.

what you need is a better PC

try getting an i5 processor (2500 or preferably 3570) or higher,
    Geforce GTX 400/500+, or Radeon HD 6000+ should do the trick
    Nvidia cards are slightly recommended for dat AO trick in the other thread
    (Dang it, mine's radeon )

I think you should be able to go lower than the specs above, but hey, why take the risk?

all that's left is 4GB+ RAM, and a decent Harddisk
    that should do the trick

oh and if you have a choice, x64 windows seems to be having lots of problems with the Gameguard
    x86 windows doesn't seem to have any problem, so if you don't mind running x86 with a max of around 3GB of RAM
    I'd recommend x86 Windows
    Last edited by wijen; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

First off, I personally wouldn't buy something pre-built, especially not from HP. But if you would rather do that, iBuyPower seems like a decent choice. Not sure if it's cheaper to buy from them directly or Newegg, but they have more customization options on their sites. Seems people are saying a Radeon 6670 is enough to run the game at max. I know my 6950 was overkill.

Otherwise, I'd get everything separately and build it yourself. Now this may seem like a big leap for some people, but you're already online asking for help. I believe Newegg and sites like Tomshardware have excellent resources and video tutorials on building a PC. You save much more and you learn something.

I can run it on max with no slow down on my laptop.

Quad Core I7 3.1 GHz (I generally avoid overclocking on this game and leave it at 2.1 GHz but that's the max mine can go)

Nvidia gtx 570m 1.5 GB GDDR5

12 GB Ram

The ram is quite likely overkill standard 6 or 8 gigs would probably be sufficient or maybe even 4.

As an example I'll use these pics

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

The game pretty much runs perfectly even with lots of stuff on the screen and I have all the effects on and everything at 5.

(mfw those screenshot are like setting 2, small resolution, omg jaggies EVERYWHERE)

Here is a pretty simple guide for picking out hardware to build the computer in your price range. I'd say anything around the 500+ price range will be able to max pso2. The game isn't really that intensive once you get a dedicated graphics card. It is impossible to have zero jagged edges, but it should end up looking pretty good with a decent computer.
    Spoiler!

Here's some pretty colors.
    Spoiler!

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

Okay so to play this game at max settings, (scientifically tested) You need:

I7 3770k Processor
    GTX 680 (Quad Sli) That extra 2% performace for $500 gives you that 59fps - 60fps!
    24GB DDR3 PC12800 1600mhz or better RAM

Take it from me a professional who has no idea what he is talking about and only trying to make you spend 4k+ on a comp lol

Seriously though I do not find it worth a penny to ever go triple sli + .. GTX 660 ti Dual sli after price is $239 will asllow this game to run max by a mile. One day.. one day, I am running gtx 550 Ti and run at Shader 3 with rest on high settings.
    The Creator of Syncesta!

I'm not really a fan of PC parts lists because what is good,decent, etc... is relative to needs, they tend to turn obsolete fast and reflect personal tastes, but I have to say that one has quite a lot of info, even if I don't agree on 100% with that.

Three important points people need to know to help you: Min/max prices (not limiting yourself to a single price point helps), preference (like focused on performance or with more storage than usual) and if you know or have somebody who knows how to build a PC.

A PC with a gtx 560ti and a i5 2500k @4.3ghz can run this game with few slowdowns using external 8x AA and with almost no slowdown using the games AA. (all other settings on and maxed)
    ( ・ω・)ノ゙