Page 1 of 32 123411 ... LastLast

Default Subclasses announced!

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ru...bclass-system/

Finally, we got real info about the subclasses! So, according to this, by choosing a subclass you aquire its skilltree, PAs/techs ussage and 20% of its original stats. Unfortunately, we son't get access to its weapon categories, and the only way to circunvent this issue is by using "free-for-all" weapons, such as Bouquet Rifle, Duel Gaze, Mic Stand, Space Tuna.

So, what's your opinion about this? I can't say I'm too happy with the weapon restrictions, but I'll leave my opinion for later posts.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Well I can sub ranger and get a nice boost for my mech guns on gunner as well as use both weak bullet and chain bullet...I'm one happy gunner lol

I can't say I wasn't expecting some kind of catch with the subclass system, but I do see it as being somewhat viable for other classes that need that extra boost in another field when the game heads towards an unexpected turn in battle.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Is there a list of universally equitable items like the Space Tuna and Eight Ounce Gloves? I'm still debating whether I want to be a Fighgunner or Gunfighter, and will likely choose based on which weapons I can use without regards to class.

Quote Originally Posted by Darki View Post
    So, what's your opinion about this? I can't say I'm too happy with the weapon restrictions, but I'll leave my opinion for later posts.
    Primarily because of the exclusivity of the Bouquet Rifle (Pre-Open Beta reward for clearing the early Desert mission), the Space Tuna (Summer Rappy-only drop), and the Mic Stand (reward from Michaela for the time she is in game (and her time to leave is coming up really fast, isn't it?)) and the nature of their appearance/stats, I'm inclined to agree. Some people use certain weapon types because it fits their playstyle, and the limit they've imposed is asking for a lot with how the game is currently set up.

We can only hope that the situation improves (aka more all-class weapons being implemented or the restrictions removed) as time goes on.
    Last edited by Maronji; Sep 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Amended an additional point to my original statement.

Not getting access to class weapons is a retarded limitation. We're gonna use the OP skills (weak bullet) anyway with the free class weapons, so all this does is force us to use joke weapons.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HFlowen View Post
    Not getting access to class weapons is a retarded limitation. We're gonna use the OP skills (weak bullet) anyway with the free class weapons, so all this does is force us to use joke weapons.
    This. I find it pretty stupid. Once again Melee classes get the short end of the stick...
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

It will be cool IF they get to releasing 'free for all' weps that aren't wacky gag stuff.

I mean, it doesn't have to be a jillion weapons, but having something thats "Not Silly" is important here. A selection of maybe 3 or 4 things that could be used by more than 1 class would be nice to help pick your look / pick your focus.

It kinda didn't matter in PSO when you could barehand technics or be like an awesome RAmar and throw foie out with your foot/a kick while holding mechguns. But being forced to use a fish is sort of uncool. However, it's very early yet, I'm sure cool stuff will come in time. It's just good to be getting sub classes at this point.

Yeah they SERIOUSLY need to add non-joke allclass weapons, stat.

I really didn't think they'd do this. This is pretty bad.

Stuff on the level of the double saber legacy is ideal. Hell, maybe make the full series of legacy weapons all-class. Talis, etc.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Will probably he subbing Techer on RA when this drops, beside the hate. MkV was a Guntecher in PSU, and MkX will continue the tradition. COMBAT MEDIC, REPRESENT!
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty