Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Default Resident Evil 6

I just got the game today. Don't ask for the location where I got it as they're likely sold out by now.

I'm playing through Leon's story and Veteran mode difficulty right now. I'll post my impressions later.

I won't spoil anything don't worry.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Sep 28, 2012 at 07:52 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post
    I just got the game today. Don't ask for the location where I got it as they're likely sold out by now.
    I'm sure everyone here from Ridgewood NY is disappointed you won't share.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy_Raine View Post

I'm playing through Leon's story and Veteran mode difficulty right now. I'll post my impressions later.

I won't spoil anything don't worry.
    Did you get your copy from Poland? BD
    Jokes aside, im jealous.

I played the demo on psn, and I know im gonna buy it asap. Its the one thing I have faith that capcom wont screw up finally, besides dragons dogma and monster hunter.

I just got mine in the mail Waiting for my lazy friend to wake up so we can play some co op.

I am still torn on whether or not I'll be buying this. At this point I think I'm going to just wait for reviews.

And don't get me wrong - this isn't about it being an action game or anything. (I liked Resident Evil 5! Sure, it had plenty of flaws, but that doesn't change that I had a ton of fun playing the game.)

The demo of RE6 just felt very clunky. Everything from the movement to the new dodge moves just never quite meshed for me.

Eh, maybe I'll try the demo again tonight and see if I feel differently about it.

My bro will be all over this...yikes.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    I'm sure everyone here from Ridgewood NY is disappointed you won't share.
    Please don't act smart. It wasn't Ridgewood, it was a few miles from my location.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I promise I'm give my impressions. I've cleared Chapter 1 for Leon already.

You can pick four difficulties from the start:
    Amateur (Easy difficulty)
    Normal (Normal difficulty)
    Veteran (Hard difficulty) This is what I'm current playing
    Professional (Extreme difficulty)

The game feels a lot different from RE4/RE5, but it is fun. The camera can fully rotate and isn't stuck behind your back. You can and aim shoot, quick shoot by pressing a "aim" and "fire" buttons together. You can evade attacks. You can use skill points to enhance your weapons. I plan to use piercing, as it kills more enemies easier.

Be warned, you cannot pause and heal. done in-game so make sure you keep moving. The "dying state" from RE5 no longer kills you when your partner doesn't save you on time, you can recover from it yourself. You can also aim on the ground in dying state or in regular gameplay.

Leon's game is very dark, and caters to the older RE fans. It's slower paced, and not your typical action game. It's a little similar to Dead Space, except it's very linear. There's no complicated maps at all. It's just a straight line for the most part.

For those who make near the end of Chapter 1 Leon, save all your incendiary grenades! You're going to need them for the fat Zombies! That part was a pain in the ass.

So far I'm enjoying it more than RE5.

I must have that Sherry schoolgirl costume later on. (http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...pswgo1_500.png)
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Sep 29, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

"except it's very linear."

Fuuuuuuck!!

RIP RE you will be missed...

I hate how games are so brain dead now days. They are just COD bs. Just a straight line so the new gamers dont get stuck.

God do I miss the 90's
    Last edited by Outrider; Sep 30, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

did you get this from best buy?

Quote Originally Posted by theattax View Post
    did you get this from best buy?
    No. It's not from a company brand store like Gamestop. Best Buy, or Target. It was a private game store that sell games (and phones as well). They do not care about the official release dates, and do it to profit from sales before Gamestop does.

I know of at least three store that do this. This one is in northern Queens.
    My wanted games of 2013: