Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Entry start.

It's been bugging me about the situation that I imposed onto Sis. She can't remember what I did to her. We somehow went back on track and investigated the trap area. It seemed it was conducted by inexpensive customized gas emitters and a trigger that snipped the wiring to the doors and activated the traps simultaneously when the RAcast dummy was tipped over in any way. I feel like a fool to have fallen for a cheap trick.

"Calai."

I looked over to Sis, seeing her kneeling where... Wait. That was where I--"Y-yes?"

"I believe our chance of annihilation was absolute. Yet, we somehow survived." She moved her hand from the location where my hands made contact to her cheeks. "I cannot comprehend what happened. It is most mysterious."

"Indeed." Yeah... Mysterious to you. "Just be glad we survived, okay?"

She glanced at me for a moment and nodded after some hesitation. "I wonder what would have happened to us if we did become annihilated. Will Daddy know what happened?"

"Oh, stop worrying about that hypothetical shi--stuff!" Sis looked at me again, driving me even more into a panic. "W-what?"

"You are hiding something," she said.

"O-oh! I am? I guess I am..."

She looked away and started glancing about for a direction to go to. "It does not matter. Secrets are mostly coercive, anyway."

Indeed. Wait... What does coercive mean? But anyway, Sis began heading to one direction and... well... I felt I should say something to our real savior.

When we came to an awkward part of the caves that had a tunnel that had lots of running water, I held my hands together and said, "Thank you for saving us."

"You firm believer, I wish to see you again."

My cheeks sizzled a little. "Just be sure to protect Sis too."

"Yes... And again, I am sorry for--"

"It's not your fault." I was shaking my head when I said that. "I wasn't clear about what I wanted, but I guess that we're in better terms now, right?"

"Yes. However, a haunting will happen in the water channel that you and your sister are heading to. Do talk about that one hero... What is it you call it?"

"Tyrell's Hero. Yes. I know about that. I'll talk to Sis about it." My eyes opened. Immediately, I noticed that Sis was looking at me. It was that look of "You better tell me this time, Lady" and the sort. I was not ready to confront her just yet... To mask my insecurity, I said as I came to her, "Why the scary look?"

"This is my usual face."

Yeah. Your face is scary enough to scare even children. I held my hands behind me and said, "So, if I recall correctly, this is a water channel that will lead into the restricted zones, or the mines if you should call it."

Sis folded her arms and said, "I assume you have been here before."

"Oh. No, I haven't." Wait a minute. How did I know about that anyway?

"Don't worry."

Oh. That's why. Well, in that case... "Do you remember Former-Principal Tyrell's Hero?" There we go. A different look on Sis's face. In fact, it makes me want to laugh by how her eyes gleam. "Well, I guess the light in your head finally shines."

"Continue, Calai."

Seriously, she took a step too close to me that I can see hair strands. I flicked of lock of my hair, being self-conscious about her seeing mine. I turned back to the water and said, "Well... numerous people and data claimed that there was an altered creature that lurked in these waters during the time of Tyrell's Hero's appearance. A scientist codenamed 'Mome' claimed that he accompanied a person who managed to fend off this creature by himself! Can't you believe that?" I turned back to her with such energy that even shocks myself. Seriously! I don't know what I'm saying! But now to say what I do know. "Not only that, this hero was the one who slayed a dragon that haunted the Central Dome relic!" I clapped my hands before my chin with a ridiculous smile on my face. Seriously, I don't know what information I'm going on about. "That Hunter must be magnificent. How I wish to kill that Hunter!"

Whoa, hey. I didn't want to say that.

"Sorry, again. I expressed myself on that part."

Seriously, that hero must be one heck of an ass to you.

"... Yes..."

Suddenly, Sis asked, "Do you know what kind of creature Professor Mome claimed to have seen?"

Huh. I don't really know that much about--"De Rol Le. It was a crustacean. It had a worm-like structure and was amphibious. It had a tough carapace and heavily-calcified head structure that looked like a massive dragon skull. It also had two antannae that extended from each side of its head. These were used to stab into its prey and leech energy from them. The tips of the antannae were strong enough to pierce through even military-class shields and armor. As a result of being stabbed by it, it ejects a type of infectious lubricant that infected its host to undergo mutations."

Whoa, that's De Rol Le? I just knew it was a crustacean.

"Yes. I believe you know something about it."

To seem as if I was talking myself, I said, "Though, there are cases of non-organics being infected as well. A hypothesis was that the non-organics that had bacterium on their shells were the ones mutating to the lubricant and then affecting the non-organic in that manner." Now to pretend to be interested. I laughed and spun like a giddy schoolgirl to face her. "Quite a creature, isn't it? And to believe that this creature actually lived in this very channel! Isn't it amazing?"

Sis looked up to me with a gesture of annoyance. "Yes."

Uh... From what I know about Organics, that's a look of "Yeah. Uh-huh. Shut up already." and it's not the best to have when done giving a lecture. It feels like it's a waste of time. In attempt to spice excitement, I said, "Can't you say that with more enthusiasm?"

"Yes."

Grr... This bitch... She's toying with me again. "Anyway, we'd be in trouble if we actually ran into that thing here. It's almost exciting just thinking about it!"

Indeed, it was a bit exciting. If I can somehow kill that thing, it'll prove to myself that I can protect Sis, that I can be of use to her. Yes, that thing she said about being useless... It stung like a Gi Gue's stinger up the ass and more.

Hm? What's that? "Oh, look! It's coming finally!" Yeah... uh... what is "it"?

It's a hovercraft of some sort. It gradually slowed down until it stopped in front of us. Whoa. It was like looking at the aftermath of a horror film. There were burn streaks, dents toward the sides of the craft, and puncture marks here and there. Man... Oh man...!

"Amazing!" I gleefully said as I felt along the surface of the flat hovercraft. The rumors... These are all proof that they all indeed happened. It had to be real! "This has got to be one of the crafts that De Rol Le terrorized! The rumors have got to be true. De Rol Le was said to have the ability to absorb either light or electricity and expel it as superheated photons from its long thorax or a concentrated beam from its oral cavity." But wait a minute... "Too bad, though. It's considered to be dead, though as we know, there is the artificial variant. Do you remember Barba Ray, Sis?"

Suddenly, something struck the hovercraft. Sis tumbled a little. I forgot. She's not an actual combat CAST like me. I got used to seeing her excel further than a normal Butler-type CAST that I forgot that her specializations are far too limited and that her capabilities are not as efficient as mine. I pushed her down onto the hovercraft. I stood up with myself bracing for impact. Then, lights went out.

"I knew it. De Rol Le was never eliminated."

"What...?" No way... I was just kidding that we should fight it! Sis... I turned to Sis and instructed, "Check your inventory." I was already rummaging through mine. "See if you got everything you need."

"Calai--?"

"Now!"

I'm sorry, Sis. I need to get serious here. I need you to focus on survival. You can do that at least, right? I got Twin Gatlings, Twin Assaults, a Sniper, a Handgun, and a Saber to my arsonal. What'll work best here? Sniper? But Gatling can kill it faster if it stayed still... No. Sniper...? Wait... A splash? I looked over to my side, looking over to Sis. Is she prepared? Then, something jumped over the hovercraft. I don't care! I'll just use what forms in my hands! Sis armed her Blaster whereas I had my Twin Assaults. Maybe it's best. I'll just overheat this thing and...

Wait a minute. The head. It's not like the usual one that was shown in the labs! It's the adult variant: Dal Ra Lie! No...! No, no, no! Please, help me!

"Give me some time."

Time? That's what I'll give! I began firing upon it, but the moment I started, something odd started to glow from its body. I looked over to my side to see Sis standing all stupid. No. Sis! Don't do this to me!

"Sis! Watch out!"

She snapped out of her trance the moment Dal Ra Lie fired barrages of light-type photons. I easily dodged around every shot but found Sis retreating. I can't do anything here... I'm... I'm so powerless! I watched Sis narrowly dodge the first barrage but no so with the second. She took damage to her knee, shattering it. Dal Ra Lie... You goddamn fucker!!!

I fired everything I could upon its head but it seemed it was barely even phasing it. However, bits of its armor were chipping off. Maybe if I did enough to its helmet, it'll start feeling pain. It jumped onto the side of the craft, making me tumble a little. If my footing was terrible, I would have fallen off the craft. Wait... Something...

Suddenly, it launched one of its antannae just over my shoulder. It narrowly missed Sis as she managed to dive out of the way. I turned my attention to its head and began firing. C'mon... C'mon! Look at me! It launched a second, evidently aiming for Sis. She stumbled out of the way but she was dangling off the edge of the craft! Sis! I broke into a dash toward her direction. If I go too fast, I'll end up tackling us both off the edge of the craft. If I go too slow, she'll be hit! I... I don't know if...!

Out of nowhere, something knicked my shoulder. Then, some long thing extended out and...! "Sis!!!"

No...! No! No!!! No, no!!! I tried pulling the antanna off Sis but it proved useless! Then, it lifted up. I lost my grip because of how slippery it was. Sis... Where's she...? Sis? On the tip, Sis dangled lifeless on its raised tip. As if that was not enough... A fourth struck hit her again, scrapping her torso. Material was left on the third antanna. The fourth then started excreting that liquid substance that stank so horribly. Sis... No...

I fell onto my knees in defeat. I knew I was strong but to have lost Sis just like this... I don't care anymore! "Are you there?"

"Yes. What is your will?"

"Sis... I failed... Sis...!" I cradled my head to the surface of the craft.

Suddenly, I heard a loud crack. That's got to be the sound of Sis mutating. De Rol Le was able to do that back then even with CASTs. How much more with Dal Ra Lie. I'll put her out of her misery. I'll... Wait... The sound of a cracking carapace? Dal Ra Lie gave a painful cry. I finally raised my head to find Sis upright with the antanna snapped apart and the needle still connected to her body. She looked down to it with little regard, laid her hand on one end, and ripped it out of her torso. Sis? Sis... Your wound is closing... You're still Sis, right?

She then walked toward Dal Ra Lie as it dangled on the side of the hovercraft. Dal Ra Lie launched another antanna but she stopped it with a fingertip. She flicked it and a massive destructive force broke the antanna off its head. Then, it tried to strike her simultaneously with the other two. She punched one straight on and then to the other. The two broke into particles... A-amazing...! She projected her arm back in front of Dal Ra Lie's face. Odd... There was a large collection of dark photons collecting to her fist... Then, she did a straight punch to its face. A loud crack resounded. Dal Ra Lie roared as it skidded across the surface of the water and hit the side of the water channel.

Suddenly, Sis started falling. I ran to her and caught her just in time before she fell overboard. A loud roar came from behind the craft. It's still alive? No way! I thought that would be enough to kill it for sure!

"Sis, snap out of it!" I patted her face continuously but her eyes remained closed. "Sis! What're you doing!? Get up!"

Sis abruptly gasped for her breath, making me drop her by accident. I thought she was going to attack me! She held a hand to her belly as she lifted herself upright. Sis... She's Sis, right? She continued feeling about her torso as if expecting something. Even I was surprised that she healed so fast.

Dal Ra Lie was gaining on us! It dove down, swam under the hovercraft and surfaced in front of the craft. I began firing upon its tail but it seemed my shots were not even phasing it. Then, it whipped its tail up. That can't be good...

"Sis! Incoming!"

Spikes launched from its tail toward the craft. I dove just under a few and they struck the hovercraft. It began to give off a clicking noise. I don't know what's happening but I won't risk whatever's going on! I did my usual fix-it shots, onto the spikes. Each shot punctured a hole where a stinky syrup oozed out. Holy shit...! It smelled like an Organic's excretions! It seemed Sis was doing the same as me. That must mean we're doing something right. Then, Dal Ra Lie fired another barrage of light photons. I can't do anything... I'll have to pull myself through and hope that Sis will evade somehow. I watched the photons' approach pattern and jumped into an opening in the barrage. I slid a little and began firing upon Dal Ra Lie's head.

Wait... Sis? She was next to me... She's safe. What a relief! We kept firing upon it as it tried to evade us but the head gear broke off at the process. Yes! There is improvement on this situation! It jumped over the hover craft and landed to the other side. Afterwards, it shot another light barrage. I saw Sis lead the charge and dive through. I copied her movements but took a little damage to my hip accessories. Sis... What's going on? This isn't like you.

We both began firing upon it but it slowed down until out of sight. Is it over? I dropped down onto my knees and groaned. Then, there was a sound of something crashing from behind the the hovercraft. I looked up to find Dal Ra Lie knocking off loose gravel from the ceiling. Seriously, this thing doesn't know when to quit! I moved aside and twirled to and fro to dodge incoming debris. Shit...! My right arm took a swinging electrical! It short-circuited from my shoulder down. Sis... Where are you? The lights flicked off and all I could see were the lights provided from the hovercraft. I looked around for a sign of something to go by. What? Another barrage of light photons? I can't keep this up! I slid under a narrow opening but saw Sis diving over me as if we were some kind of stunt duo. Sis, I don't know if I should be happy that you're competent or sad that I'm the one slowing us down.

Then, a light source concentrated behind the hovercraft. I soon realized that Dal Ra Lie was charging a concentrated beam! I only had time to roll. My movements were becoming sloppy. This can't be good. When I looked over to Dal Ra Lie, I saw it charging for another sweep shot! I only used the time to prepare for another movement. Dal Ra Lie then fired toward my direction. Shit... Shit!!! Due to panic, I dove to the side, only to realize I was diving off the edge of the hovercraft. I whipped my left arm out for something to grab onto. The moment I felt something, I grabbed it. It seemed what I was holding onto was a pipe from one of the fallen debris. My whole body was submerged underneath all the sewage. My arm holding onto the debris was the only one outside. Along with waste from the water channel splashing against me, I thought I heard a roar. Lights were coming on. I can't hold on much longer...! I have to be the one to protect Sis. I can do this. I don't need to call for her help!

"You fool! Call for her!"

"I..." I could feel my strength reaching its end. I can't keep this up any longer. With what strength I could muster, I pulled myself up and yelled, "Ugh... S-Sis...!"

Almost instantly, Sis came to my aid and grabbed my outstretched arm. She was heeving me back onto the craft all by herself with so much resistance pulling me back. How strong is she really? Sis... I don't care. All that matters is that you're alive.

After some time, I was kneeling on the surface of the craft, completely exhausted. The smell on me... Shit... I'm going to need a bath or something. I looked up to Sis and then over her shoulder. Dal Ra Lie... Where is it? I saw Altered Beast blood on the surface of the craft. Could it be?

"Sis!" Holy fucking shit! I couldn't help but hug Sis. It's over! "I can't believe it! You just took out Dal Ra Lie!"

"Huh?

I held a hand over her hands. "Dal Ra Lie! Dal Ra Lie! It's considered to be an adult variant of De Rol Le, and I can't believe...!" ... how useless I was... You're not supposed to be better that me, Sis! "I can't wait to kill you someday!"

"K-kill me?"

Suddenly, I realized I was pecking a kiss onto Sis's face. Oh no... No! I glanced up to her as I backed away and turned my back to her as I stood up. My right arm was operational again. Find something to say... C'mon...! "You're so serious. Can't you take it easy for a while?"

Again, I'm projecting myself onto Sis. I can't believe that my performance was terrible in comparison to Sis, and she's not even supposed to be a combat CAST! I don't want to admit she's better than me. I have to be the older sister. I'm supposed to be the one who takes care of her! I can't believe that I...

Suddenly, something came around me and pulled me back. I was bracing for another attack but soon realized the pattern of one of the arms around me. "Sis?" I asked in surprise.

"S-shut up. Forget what I'm doing."

Sis... I can't believe what's happening. Never again would I have thought that I would feel weak like this. Sis, you beat me this time. I promise it'll never happen again.

End entry.
    Location is Ragol.
    Scene is an underground water channel.
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Entry start.

After that hug that Sis gave me earlier, I found it hard to even be near to her. While she was looking ahead of the hovercraft like the captain waiting for a planet, I was at a corner toward the rear side. I want to forget what she did and be normal but so much has been happening between us. In fact, it's great that the OPSS started. I wouldn't have ever gotten this close to Sis without it. However, it depressed me when I thought about what the OPSS was all about. In one's suffering comes one's happiness. I looked over to Sis, seeing her poised properly as how she would when she was waiting for Daddy to come home. She would stand like that with no sense to the world except for Daddy. She would sense nothing except Daddy.

"Sis?"

I found myself already behind her. She is just within my arm's reach. I looked away, feeling the wind against us. I don't deserve to be her sister. I shouldn't even be her sister. I'm just scrap metal when I thought about her performance earlier. It was flawless after what seemed to be her revival. All that pride about being the stronger one was deteriorated in just that one match. I couldn't protect Sis. She was the one who did most of the damage to Dal Ra Lie. I couldn't do anything. I was even scared of her. I...

"Calai."

I raised my head to see her usual blank stare toward me. "What is it?"

"I was thinking about earlier..." She felt along her arm. "... about that fight with Dal Ra Lie."

"Oh," I said with a laugh. "Don't worry about it! You were fabulous!"

She shook her head. "I felt like something was giving me all this strength. Something was odd."

I grinned. "Well, you did beat me earlier. That is odd enough."

"I can beat you when it comes to cooking anytime." She looked away with a finger curled under her bottom lip. "But combat...?"

It felt like she was trying to jab at me with a saber or something. I grinned and said, "Don't worry about it. We all have our awesome times and other times when we slip."

Suddenly, her hands snatched mine, making me jump back in surprise. "It was beyond my..."

Oh, shit... Oh shit! Sis! Stop gripping so tight! "Sis!"

Sis's hands suddenly parted away from mine. I was flicking my hands and trying to hold back from cursing out loud. "Calai, what is the matter?"

"What do you mean by 'what is the matter'? You're freakin' gripping too tight!"

Sis took one of my hands and examined it. "Oh." She looked up to me. It looked like she was going to cry. "Were you hurt earlier?" She then bowed her head to see my hand again. "I am sorry. I will..." Her voice trailed away.

Something about her seemed abnormal. I lowered myself to look up into Sis's face. Her face was blank. Her eyes were open but she did not seem fine at all. Her eyes looked up to me. A smile marked her face. Then, her mouth opened. And opened even more!? Her jawline snapped and an organic substance emerged. I looked down to my hand to find her hands bleeding! What...? What's going on? I looked up to see Sis's face distort even more. Worm-like substances came out of every pore on her face. I couldn't move... Sis... What's going on?

"FORTUNA. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!"

Suddenly, I fidgeted and crashed down onto the hovercraft, panting like mad. All I could hear was the movement of the hovercraft over the water. Then, a shadow loomed over me.

"Calai, are you okay?"

I scrambled up to my feet and assumed a hand-to-hand form. Sis was standing there. She's... normal? I looked around but only saw us on this hovercraft. I sighed in relief and said, "Oh. Sis. You're okay."

"Uh-huh..." She turned away but her head was a little to the side. "Even though your performance has been sloppy lately, I still rely on you." She looked straight ahead. "Please, feel better soon."

"Sis?"

"Daddy will be sad if he does not see us together. Let us not worry him."

I grinned and wrapped my arms around her waist. "Admit it. You just want me, huh?"

Sis glanced to her side. I just realized how fucking hot she is. It's like we can use her to cook eggs! Wait a second. If she's this hot...? I realized her breaths were labored. She bowed her head. "I... I-I want you."

Why's she so damn honest now? She's making even me embarrassed. "I don't believe you." Damn it... Why did I say that?

Sis pried my arms open enough to turn and face me. Her head was bowed a little but her eyes moved up along me to look up to my eyes. "I want you so bad, Fortuna!"

Suddenly, I fell onto my side. Sis is not in my arms. What the fuck? I'm back in my corner. Another dream? But the second dream... I could live with that version of Sis. She was so cute! I squeeled, hugging myself as I rolled across the floor... until I was stopped by a foot. I looked upwards to find Sis looking straight at me.

"What are you doing?"

I grinned. "I dreamt I was going to do naughty things to you."

She stared at me in silence and then shoved me away with her foot. That is the Sis I know.

I finally stood up and... fuck. I still reeked! Where's that random bathtub when I want it? I looked about myself to find nothing wrong with me. Nothing out of the ordinary like a boss-type enemy that looks like an octopus and wants to get a little too friendly with me. Damn them octopi fetishes that people talk about.

After a long while, the hovercraft began to slow. I looked up to see not a pier but a small landing with a ladder that led straight up. Sis was looking up to the ladder and seemed ready to lead the way. No way, missy!

Before she could even start the way up, I pulled her back and said, "I'm still the older Sis. I'll lead the way."

Sis stared at me and glanced about. I was as ready as she was but with a smile and hands to my hips. I don't want to risk on everything with Dal Ra Lie being a fluke in Sis's favor. I know my capabilities, and so does she.

... What the fuck is this? The landing was not even accessible! It was just enough to step on one spot and hop the rest of the way to the ladder. The rest of the gravel was corroding and seemed like it was going to break if I step on a part of it. I stepped back a few times on the hovercraft... and then dashed forward! I jumped toward the one stepping point and jumped the rest of the way to the ladder. A loud clank resounded when I basically crashed against it. I looked back to see that the landing was gone. I stared in awe of what I just did. I looked over to Sis, seeing that she was carefree about what happened. I shook off my worry and climbed the rest of the way.

When I was at the top, I began hearing running water. Like... a waterfall. I peeked around but found myself in what seemed to be jungle with Pioneer 1 relics all about me. Wait... A dam? I've been here with Daddy and Sis a few times before. Well, only the first time with Sis, actually. Daddy had us sit around for hours and I got bored. That was when we did a wired synchronization just for kicks. However, memories integrated between us and... well... things got all weird. We kind of had a tango with each other and she ultimately lost her newly-acquired memories due to a weird moment in time. She kissed me for curiosity's sake, which then led to what happened in the trap in the caves. It is a relief that she doesn't know my memories. I wish I could forget hers as well, but at least I know her habits. Otherwise, I'd only be seeing that plain stare and only guessing what she's feeling. I know how she's programmed. When she stares but not to the eyes, she's embarrassed. When she looks up, she's thinking. When she looks down, she's depressed. When she looks straight, she is listening. When she is looking at you but to the side, she does not like what you're thinking. When her eyes widen with her brows up, she is excited or happy. When her eyes are only wide, she is scared. When she glares, it's definite that she is mad or serious. It's all about her face, not her head. However, the intensity of her body heat shows how much she is thinking.

The scene is foggy and I can't hear anything else but the sound of running water. I guess it's safe. I tapped on the ladder with my Handgun. I waited a while then heard a loud clanging noise. I kept waiting... Two taps. She's coming. How's that even possible? She had to be something like a monkey to have jumped that far. It's infuriating! Since when did Sis become a freakin' combat CAST!? I should be the one staying home while she's the one bringing home the money. Seriously! Doesn't she know how much more effective she'd be on the field? I came home with scars and chipped armor, cuts and bruises, and even parts of my extermities about to fall off! It's so infuriating!

By the time Sis was at the top, it did not really dawn upon me how long of a climb it was to get up here. I was pretty much calm by the time I closed the entryway. When I looked around me, it just dawned upon me:

"That's weird," I said to myself. "We're at Gal Da Val Islands." I pressed a finger to my forehead as I thought about the speed of the hovercraft. "Really, that boat ride wasn't that long. I wonder..." Maybe I should look at the hover--"Huh? What?" I pushed Sis away from the manhole and began patting the ground. "Wait, wait. What? I swear...!" I listened in closely as I knocked on where the manhole should have been. Solid. Solid! It's all solid! "No way..."

In the corner of my eye, I saw Sis turn abruptly, making me look as well. Sis had her Autogun out, but before she can aim, I whipped a hand out. What is she going to aim at? I came forward, glancing all about me.

"Block!"

I raised my left arm up and braced just in time to block a purple photon bolt. I stayed in that position, looking all about me but the fog was not helping one bit. I could barely see anything! Scanners don't indicate anything. What's going on here? Then, Sis started walking ahead of me.

"Hey, Sis!"

She kept on walking... but nothing was happening to her. She glanced at me and continued walking. I have to be the one to guard her. I'm her shield! I hastened my pace to catch up to her. We were walking across what seemed to be a catwalk over the streaming water that runs through the dam. It seems the dam was the one powering the surroundings, but since the fog was so heavy, I could barely make out the lights of the two towers. The western tower was easier to find because of it being the closer one. Daddy went over there due to rumors of there data that can be hacked. All he was able to find were data on Dr. Osto. I don't really know what exactly was on the files due to him smiling and saying "Just for your sake, I won't show you this" and stuff. Well, Daddy is a highly regarded person. No one should get to him easily.

Then, Sis looked over the side of the dam and jumped off before I could even react! I jumped down after her but she landed correctly on a landing. Me, I made last-second adjustments as I fell and landed near to Sis, but the landing injured my ankle. I couldn't move immediately but found Sis stopping to the far side of the landing. My scanners indicated someone else was there. I limped as fast as I can and soon found Sis standing before an Organic Human girl. She had this mystical essence about her.

"A hero."

Huh? A hero person? Two other people appeared to her sides. One of them was a RAcast and the other a HUcaseal.

"A catalyst!"

Catalyst...! I heard that term before and it was pointed at Sis too. A fight broke out in attempts to kill Sis. I don't want that to happen again!

"Quickly, leave while you still can!"

What shit are you going to unveil? I can't have you walking around. I armed my Twin Gatlings and shot at both CAST units who were beside the girl. They were downed almost immediately. I know Sis is going to inquire what this girl is talking about. I shoved Sis aside. Hm. It seems the HUcaseal is still able to move. No matter. The girl seemed to be backing away from me. It seemed she was holding something as well. I aimed one of the Gatlings to her head.

"A disciple. You are the one who is sent to kill me."

"Kill her. She will pose a problem in the future."

The girl's eyes twinkled in fear. However, she knows too much. I can't let her live.

A charged photon bolt shot out of the Gatling. I closed my eyes upon the scene. Wimpering came shortly after. I opened my eyes to see the girl's eyes pouring like crazy. I stowed my weapons and folded my arms.

"Leave."

The girl looked over to the HUcaseal, seeing her struggling to stand. Just as she was coming to her aid, a blue photon bolt struck the HUcaseal's head, killing her instantly. I turned just in time to block a photon bolt that was aimed at the girl. What on Coral was going on? Sis was firing at them! I heard footsteps from behind me. I was able to notice the girl running from the corner of my eye. Then, I saw Sis tracking her movements. Sis, there's definitely something wrong with you! I ran at her but a photon bolt resounded as I tackled her against the dam wall. I grappled her right arm and tossed her over my shoulder, slamming her against the floor.

"Mommy...!"

I looked up to the girl, seeing her bleeding from her back. No...! I didn't want to waste time with Sis. She can come later. The girl... I came to her and held out a Dimate to her. I popped open its cap and held it out to the girl.

"Here. Eat this before..."

"... Mom... it..."

No! I opened the green box to find some kind a cookie of some sort inside. I chewed it to bits and mouthfed it to the girl. Please work. I don't know what else I can do. The girl retched onto me. Blood was also mixed in with the vomit. Internal bleeding. This's the killer of most hunters. Mates can only heal exterior wounds. Internal wounds... The hunter has to bear with it and heal on his or her own until brought to the hospital. I cradled the girl's head against my breast.

"... Mom? ..."

Mom, huh? "What were you doing here? I thought I told you it's not safe here."

"I'm... I'm sorry." She coughed up some more blood. I'm assuming that Sis struck one of her lungs. "I couldn't stop... The creature... It's coming once again."

"What creature?" I felt along her face. She tried mouthing something to me but I couldn't read it. "It'll all be okay." I pressed foreheads with her. "You can rest now. You're going to have a big day tomorrow. Everything will be bright and all your friends will be by your side."

"M-mom..."

"I'll wake you up in the morning and I might get mad, but no matter what: you are my little girl."

"... love y-y..."

"I love you too." ... Sis...

... Wait. Something here doesn't look right. Didn't I do this before? No. Wait. Didn't I kill this girl before? Sis freaked out and... I turned to Sis, seeing her standing there with her eyes wide.

"Sis... Since when did...?"

The place distorted. Everything lost its shape and pixels until it was just us two in a blank plain. Shit... Shit!!! We've been connected this whole time! How could I have forgotten!? She's been reading my mind this whole time. She knows about me!

"Calai."

Huh? What!? I watched her come toward me. No. Stay away from me! I tried to back away but a wall formed behind me. I turned to run to the side but crashed against another wall. I tried running in the opposite direction but crashed again! The only way is toward Sis. No... I pressed myself against the wall, trying to stall for even one more second. My hands gripped the walls. I... I can't...!

"Calai."

"What the fuck do you want!?"

Sis... Sis! Everything about you... I didn't want you to know! At least not yet! I don't want to let you know I love you! No... Don't... Stop reading my mind! Eject us out of here, Sis! Accept, please!

"Calai."

My breaths became heavy as she lowered herself onto my waist, pinning me down against the floor. Sis moved my hands away from my face and pinned them down. I am exposed as the perverted sister I am. There's nowhere to hide. Seeing Sis's face so close to mine began to make me feel claustrophobic.

"Calai."

"Just do what you want with...!"

She pressed a finger against my lips. I tried to move my arms but they were braced against the floor. I tried moving my legs but the same was happening there.

"It is good you realize your place now."

"Sis..."

"We came here to resolve why I cannot feel anything. Do you remember now?"

Right. We were in a place in the seabeds facility. I can't believe she saw that nasty side of me. "It's..."

"This is probably the result of us not doing this enough. Basically, what helped me snap out of the trance is you missing the girl. Why did you do that?"

I honestly don't know. I looked away, feeling guilty for everything she saw of me. I can't believe this.

"Calai?"

"What?"

"... I am glad."

I looked up to her. Her brows were up and her eyes were parted more than usual. That means... "Sis?"

"You still think of me and not only Daddy." She bowed her head down against my breasts. "Thank you, Calai. Thank you so much."

"H-hey, why on Pioneer 2 are you so grateful?" Little did I know, my hands were free to move and my hands were on her waist. When I did know, I pushed her off me. While I held myself upright, I pulled a hand up to my lips and legs curled against the floor. My face was sizzling like mad.

"Calai."

"Can you stop calling my name like that?" When I looked over to Sis, I saw her crawling over me. W-wha...?

"If you do not want me to remember all this, you can just kiss me."

"Sis, don't be ridiculous."

"I am not joking. I want you to decide. I trust you will make the right choice."

"Sis..." I moved the hand over my lips and felt along her face. "Are you sure that...? Well..."

She nodded. "No matter what, I will respect your choice."

"... Sis..."

I felt along her chin. Her lips... I...

---

Decision time. When I gave Sis a kiss, she lost her memory prior to the kiss. Of course, if I remember what happened, I can always tell her later what happened. If I let her go on without a kiss... well... I honestly don't know what's going to happen. I guess the real questions are these: should I explore a world that is familiar or unknown? Should I give into sin or refuse?

~~~CHOICE A: KISS~~~

~~~CHOICE B: REFUSE KISS~~~

[Note: Your choice will affect the story. Please select one to be your primary choice. If you want to keep things exciting, just view only one but keep this post in mind if you want to change your choice. Just know there are fun stuff in any direction you select.]

A. [Calai becomes more inclined to express her feelings]
    Spoiler!

B. [Calai stops and explores a new direction with Fortuna.]
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ARChan; Oct 29, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Just letting everyone know that I'm still working on the fanfic. It's just that... well... I'm constantly editing due to something not flowing right in the choices of the next entry @_@
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

--RECORDING 11--

I was the first one to leave the virtual reality field that I have created. To think that I would easily retrieve my sense of touch so easily still causes a sense of unease. What was the factor? As much as I wanted to move, I looked up to find Calai pinning me against the wall. She was kneeling over my lap with her forehead resting upon mine. Her arms were locking me in place, disabling movement. All I had to do was wait until she decided to leave the virtual reality field.

Then, a chuckle resounded. I looked forward to find Calai's lenses gradually parting. It was like waiting for an Organic to give birth: slow, steady, and quite annoying to watch. Then, she finally realized what she was doing. However, that does not hide the shame she should be feeling.

"Well," Calai said with a sigh, "that was fun."

In a subjective view, it felt pointless when setting aside the fact that my senses were operational. It made me inquire what the necessity of it all was, but most of all...

"When are you going to get off me?" I asked.

a.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I glanced about us, seeing that we were in a corner of a square room. When looking at the map I detailed while we were navigating, there was a way that we had not gone to, but we had to go back a few rooms before we could navigate into unknown ground. There will be a portal that led to somewhere more productive than this facility.

I finally came to my feet and glanced about. Calai did the same and patted herself to let loose some dirt that collected on her, which were bits of residual airborne ether of the mauled Sinow units. We exchanged glances in case one of us wanted to say something, but that proved to not be so.

I lead the way back a few rooms, occasionally glancing at Calai, but every time, she was giving me these odd facial gestures. What does she want from me? Might as well ignore her for the timebeing... but when I glanced again, she was still observing me.

"Halt!"

I glanced forward, finding a blue HUcast with a darker blue subcolor. His weapon choice was a Glaive--a purple-photon partisan-type weapon. He raised his weapon into a low stance. I already had my Autogun ready and Calai with her Twin Gatlings.

"What're you doing here?" Calai inquired.

The HUcast stared at us for a while but lowered his Glaive. "Rogue Caseal spotted in vicinity. Order: find Caseal and return to base before--"

Suddenly, something dropped from the high ceiling! A massive slash streaked the air as it downed the HUcast in one swipe. In his place was a Caseal with a yellow double saber of some sort. The blade ends curved like that of scimitars. The the HUcaseal was blue with a white subcolor and yellow accessory parts. The head part had protrusions that appeared to be two antennae and appears to have a flesh-like face. Her eyes were blue.

She rose up with the blade extracted from the HUcast. She was about as tall as me and her basic build was similar as well. However, it seemed there was something else about her.

"Enemy sighted," she said. "Reiz, assuming attack mode."

"Huh?" Calai said as she came forward. "We're just--"

Suddenly, Reiz launched at us. She spun parallel to the floor in the air with her blade twirling like a propellar. Since I was at the doorway, the only way out was to back myself into the hallway that led into the room we were in. When I was far enough, I armed my Autogun and began firing upon her. She was simply walking at me while deflecting my shots. What is even more peculiar is the fact that she is blindly deflecting Calai's Twin Gatlings' bolts as well. Fascinating. I never knew anyone could do that! I was firing upon her while I was backing away, but it seemed she began deflecting our shots back at us, forcing us to think twice about firing. The moment Calai's guns overheated, Reiz dashed towards me! I tried firing at her but she blocked just as easily as when she was walking towards me, making my photon bolt only knick my shoulder accessory. What is she?

"Hey, remember me now?"

Lucky! I suddenly saw him fly in front of me, spin once and activated a sort of field that was similar to Shifta and Deband.

"Block!" Lucky exclaimed.

I did exactly that and the blade stopped without much effort against the Core Shield. No rebound occured.

"What?" Reiz muttered. She jumped back and easily blocked a shot from Calai as if she saw it coming. She was pondering about how to approach me with her blade whipping out for every shot. Only a battle genius would do that!

I have no choice. Using a gun is too risky! I switched my weapon to that long-lost Saber in my inventory and charged at Reiz. She was ready for me. I know that much. She braced herself with only one arm as my swing was easily deflected. At the same time, she was deflecting Calai's shots but with evident difficulty due to the shots being scattered all in directions. Then, she charged at me, pushing me back with ease and... What in the world? She tossed her double saber at me! As it rolled, the double saber hummed as it stalled in the air and then came back to Reiz like a boomerang. I was lucky enough to have barely dodged that, but how much more if I did not react in time? What triggered me to dodge was when Reiz weaved around a photon bolt that struck my right arm.

I continued backing away, nearly being slashed every time. However, she did make contact with my accessory parts. How infuriating! Is she just toying with me? She is smiling too! I backed away into the room behind me but it was rather small. I shifted to the side but she was able to turn my direction with ease. It was no easy task at all. She was too good! How can someone like this exist? It is inhumane!

Suddenly, Reiz dove to the side when Calai practically copied that launching attack that Reiz started with. What is this? I have never seen Calai perform such an attack! She then charged at Reiz with her Twin Brand and... What? Calai's attacks are copying Reiz? Calai and Reiz backed away with their double sabers behind them and their forms exact. How can Calai do that?

"Your attacks are far too robotic," Calai informed Reiz. "I know every move you will do and every way you will troubleshoot! You can't win!"

Reiz grinned and lunged at Calai. Suddenly, Reiz ducked down low as Calai swung horizontally. She then did a sweep kick that Calai easily jumped over and thrusted up at Calai. Calai managed to shift the thrust away from her with her left arm as she thrusted back in return, which Reiz copied. Wait... What is happening here?

"You can't win!" Calai roared.

---

A choice should be made. It seems the fight will go nowhere at this rate, if not both of them eliminating each other into a stalemate. However, Hunter-class individuals tend to have more endurance in comparison to the other classes, making Calai to a disadvantage. However, it seemed Calai is trying to find a way to subdue the enemy. The two are grappling each other with their weapons and shields against the other. Should I wait longer for a better opportunity or intervene right now?

~~~CHOICE A: WAIT~~~

~~~CHOICE B: INTERVENE~~~

A. [Fortuna bides her time]
    Spoiler!

B. [Fortuna intervenes]
    Spoiler!

--RECORDING 12--

We were walking with this new RAcast leading the way. We did not really talk the whole duration, but it was a little peaceful. To think that we would find someone--an ally especially. I had not seen one alive prior to him. It can make an Organic happy, since they were the reason we are this way. Maybe I did have the opportunity to meet someone if I was paying more attention but they were all hiding. In fact, after seeing Reiz, who is there to trust? No one is safe with anyone.

After some more time, we stopped at a portal avenue. It had numerous portals left and right, but most were simply deactivated, coordinates had yet to be placed, or there was a problem at the receiving end of the portal. The ones that were operational had its traditional glow and a marquee stating its destination. I did not see what type of portal that we headed into but the RAcast seemed to know where to go. Immediately, I found us on an elevator. It seemed to be a vertical shaft that led to some distant floor that I could not identify. However, it did not seem we were heading down that way. In fact, we were heading upwards. We were rising through halos that directed the elevator to keep moving up. The scene had a blue color to it. What were we doing here?

"Looks like this's a good place."

I turned to find Reiz's lifeless body to my feet. I looked up to find the RAcast aiming that large bazooka at us. What is happening?

"State your business, girlies."

"Huh?" Calai said. "Wait, what're you...?"

"Don't try to fool me. You're both too abnormal."

"You're one to talk. No ordinary CAST would be making such assumptions unless he is programmed to do something complex such as this!"

The RAcast chuckled. "But don't you hear? The military has us folks to be programmed like this."

"No! I would've heard about it. Prior to a certain data update, there were only a selected few CASTs who succeeded in making such heists such as this, but the only problem with these heists is that each type of heist has a large number of variables that are too numerous to count, thus making the CAST unable to execute counter measure in time against a retaliating target. You should know why that is."

"Because there are too many variables is why a single action cannot be made within even three seconds of reaction time. Looks like someone did her homework. And what's the deal with that Caseal at your feet?"

She glanced down to Reiz. "I don't know... But..." She stomped her foot and said, "But you gotta believe me! She started attacking us out of nowhere. We had no choice but to retaliate."

The RAcast remained silent and shifted his attention to me. "What about you? Got anything to say?"

I scoffed. "As if explaining myself would ease the tension."

The RAcast then did a hand motion. "You. Come here." Apparently, he was talking to Calai. She exchanged glances with me and then moved forward. "If you want your friend to survive, don't be doing anything--huh?"

He glanced over to my direction again... Wait... Lower? I looked down to find Reiz rising! I stepped back... No... Wait, something is wrong. I stepped closer and held my left hand to her. She glanced at my hand and up to my face. Something... Her eyes are wide with those brow-like protrusions raised. Is she...?

"State your business!" the RAcast barked, definitely on edge. He must remember the intense fight we had against her.

She swooned a little and tumbled against me. She suddenly seized my hand and pressed keys so quick that I did not have time to react! She unsheathed the yellow double saber, which was registered to have been the Partisan of Lightning.

The RAcast attempted to fire but Calai shoved his aim upwards, making him shoot one of the halos that we were ascending through. The elevator rattled and went off balance for a short while until we reached the next halo. Suddenly, a female roar resounded among us. Calai lunged forward with her Twin Brand unsheathed. Reiz's form was different. Her footing was so unstable and kept descending onto into a quadruped attack form. The animal instinct... That was a product of the SOUL Project. This was how I was reacting when I was fresh off the operation bed. Because of the odd fighting style, Calai had difficulty predicting Reiz's attack pattern.

Something was odd though. Reiz was only countering attacks. That must mean...!

"Calai, stop!"

Calai backed off while Reiz was cornered to the side of the circular elevator. The RAcast had a steady aim on her whereas Calai had her Twin Brand ready. I stepped forward toward Reiz, seeing her fleeting gestures then move onto me. I stopped in my place, the two of us staring at each other. However, she was low to the ground in a quadruped lunging position. She was also growling.

"Sis, what're you doing!? Stay back!"

I did not heed her warning. Instead, I kept moving forward. When I was just at lunging distance, I stopped and crouched down. "Transmitting language data." I accessed my internalized firmware and copied my language files. Then, I opened a wireless link, seeing that hers was opened as well. I then forced my language files onto her, but it did not seem she had a firewall of some sort. So, she was able to receive it. Now, I wonder if she would be able to understand--

Reiz barked, "What are you doing, CAST!?"

I held a hand out to her. "There is no need to be afraid. I will not hurt you."

Reiz glanced at Calai and the RAcast and then back to me. "How about them?"

I glanced over to them as well. "I will not allow them to hurt you." I then moved my sights onto Reiz. "Just know that--" Suddenly, I was tackled over. I then found Reiz pinning me down by sitting on me. "What are you...!?"

Reiz lowered herself to me, our faces abnormally close. She was... Huh? Wait, why is she sniffing me? Well, at least she somehow found a way to store her weapon. Calai then towered over us with a hand feeling along a lock of hair.

Calai laughed, "It seems she's more of a Gibbon than anything else."

"You are the Gibbon, you brute!"

Brute? Calai? That was amusing. Calai gave her infuriated laugh and said, "Hey, what--?"

"You attacked me! What in Pioneer 2 is wrong with you?"

Indeed, there is something odd happening here. I looked up to Calai as she was staring at Reiz inquisitively. What was she thinking?

"Kiss of death, huh?" We all turned to the RAcast, seeing that he was the one who asked. He said to Calai, "You're no ordinary CAST, are you?"

Calai smiled with her tongue sticking out. "Takes one to know one, right?"

The RAcast rubbed the back of his head. "Well... I guess." He glanced among all of us and asked, "What's with you three, anyway? This's the most excitement I had in ages."

"Sounding like an old fart," Calai laughed, but it seemed the RAcast was laughing as well. "Anyway, Sis and I are part of the SOUL Project. I assume you're a byproduct of this as well, right?" Regardless of however he answered, Calai then moved to Reiz. "It also seems like she's one of us as well. Interesting that the SOUL Project produced a military unit like her."

"Military?" Reiz inquired.

Calai laughed. "Oh, it's nothing, really. You kind of helped us in coming to a bit of an understanding of how the SOUL Project can be used."

"I helped...?" Reiz looked over to me and asked, "What am I?"

I looked away. When is she going to get off me anyway? Although annoyed, I said, "Whatever you did does not matter. Know that we do not mean any harm."

The RAcast added, "I'm here to help the lost." He stepped up to Reiz and asked, "You don't remember me, do you?"

Reiz stared at him for a while. "Data does not recall your specifics." She looked away, evidently expressing a kind of depression. "There is a time gap. Cannot access memory data. Cannot... Cannot...!"

The RAcast patted her head. "You're okay as you are. Don't worry who you were except that you're one of us now."

Reiz glanced among all of us. "Who are all of you?"

The RAcast coughed for some reason--which is kind of odd for a CAST to do--and said, "Well, I guess we're all good folk. Call me Ohgun. I'm just military scrap metal at the moment, but I'm searching odd areas for lost folks. I'm also hoping to invite you three into... Well... You all can call it a rogue group, considering we're pretty much looting what we can on Ragol for our own betterment."

"Bandits?" I inquired.

"Well... We're not really stealing from live people, anyway. Scavengers, more like it."

I scoffed. Seeing as how Reiz's attention was on me, I guess it was my turn. "My name is Fortuna. I am a civilian-category, butler-type Caseal under licensed care of 3rd Professor Felix." I held a hand out to Calai, but it seemed Ohgun had something to say.

"Felix, huh?" He folded his arms.

"Do you have something against Daddy?" I inquired again.

He sighed. "I'll admit that his nosiness often caused quite a stir in the military. I can't say that I like him, though. He's the reason why OPSS started in the first place."

Calai gasped whereas I was in disbelief. Daddy started it all? We are CASTs. We are one of those who are being hunted. Why would he do this if he loved us? No... Could it be that we were just pawns? No, we cannot be pawns. Calai and Daddy laughed together frequently. When it came to operating, he often called one of us to watch him explain the procedure. He would sit with us at our beds until we went into sleep mode. He loved my tea and always wanted some more. Why?

"OPSS?" We all looked at Reiz, seeing that she knew something. "It is a sterilization plan that was made to recycle and repair dysfunctional mechanics onboard Pioneer 2. I was made to complete OPSS." She then looked up to us, but evidently misunderstanding something.

Ohgun sighed. "Don't be saying OPSS nowadays. It's a failed plan, anyway." He turned away and kept to himself at the other side of the elevator, which then made me realize we were still ascending.

Reiz glanced at both of us and asked me, "Is it really that bad?"

Calai and I glanced at each other. Calai then answered, "Let's just say it's the reason why we're hiding."

Reiz bowed her head. Then, she realized she was sitting on me. "Oh. Sorry."

I scoffed and finally stood upright, patting off residue on my plates. Seriously, who forgets something like that? Reiz came to me and checked my face--abnormally close, might I add. "What?" I muttered.

"You are different."

Alarmed, I asked, "What are you talking about?"

Reiz kept staring. "I shall start OPSS with you."

"What?"

I soon realized that we were linked. Before a program could boot, Calai shoved both of us away from each other, disconnecting us in an instant. Reiz seemed to be taken aback from her action.

Calai inquired, "What do you think you are doing?" Apparently, she was not smiling.

Reiz stared at her too. "You are different, too." She glanced at Ohgun. "He is also different."

"What makes you define we are different?"

Reiz answered, "I do not know. I just know that something is not normal with all of you. There is a code difference that I read. The significance is unknown to me."

Calai flicked a lock of her hair. "I suggest you take a look at others before you start jumping the gun like this."

Reiz came close to her in the same vicinity as she did with me. "Yes..."

Calai backed away with a hand before her chest. "C-can you stop that?"

Reiz tilted her head inquisitively. "You are very different. Your data display numerous deviations." She folded her arms, bowing her head in thought. "Further observations are needed to see if the compiled data's deviations are destructive."

"I can hear you," Calai muttered.

It seems Reiz is the kind to be maintaining the normal standards of living. How did this type of Caseal become a killing machine? I was unintentionally staring at Reiz, only to find her doing the same to me. I am not uncomfortable with her being nosy. The risk of being hijacked is significantly higher with a direct link than a wireless link. In fact, most firewalls are focused on wireless links. The only way to prevent a direct link is physical or digital prevention. However, in every case, integration of data is absolute. It would be a blessing if most transferred data are fragmented or unusable.

After some time of arguing between Calai and Reiz, Ohgun finally returned to us and said, "We're heading out."

He activated a Telepipe and tossed it onto the floor. It then opened a portal for us all to enter. However, Telepipes are only shortcut functions to send a person from the field to a designated place. If Ohgun did not register somewhere else other than Pioneer 2's default reception area, it seems we will have to go back onto Pioneer 2 and somehow escape it to come back onto Ragol.

He informed, "I'll head in first. If I don't come back on a count of twenty, come on in."

Then, Reiz started counting aloud. I cannot believe how stupid she is. Ohgun stepped inside the portal and disappeared. Now that I think of it, my Telepipe destination is outside of our home. Daddy should be home by now. Maybe I could return to him to let him know we are still fine.

"--Twenty."

Reiz immediately went walking in and disappeared in an instant. I glanced at Calai, seeing that she was depressed about something. I came to her side and held her hand in mine. She glanced at me for a moment but dropped her sights to the floor.

"I'm sorry if I seemed a little..."

I wrapped my arms around her head and pulled her against my breast. "It is okay. I understand."

Suddenly, Calai pushed herself out of my embrace and glanced about herself for a moment. Her hand was against her lips, seeming as if trying to hide her lips. She then glanced up to me and then down again. "I think you should... Mum..."

I scoffed to her reaction and headed toward the Telepipe. However, she seized my hand, making me stop. I know she had something to say. I yanked my hand out of hers and asked, "What do you want from me?"

Spoiler!

"Will you always like me no matter what I do?"

---

~~CHOICE A: YES~~

~~CHOICE B: NO~~

~~CHOICE C: REFUSE TO ANSWER~~

NOTE:
    -If I put something like "1. & 2.", you must have earned both 1. and 2.
    -If I put something like "b./2.", you must have earned either b. or 2.
    -If I put "a. ; not b.", that means you only view this if you have a. but not b.

A. [Fortuna answers yes]
    Spoiler!

B. [Fortuna says no]
    Spoiler!

C.
    Spoiler!

"There you two are."

Calai and I stopped what we were doing and looked over to who it was, finding Ohgun with his arms crossed. Right. I was caught into the moment that I forgot about what he said earlier.

I stepped forward and said, "My apologies. We were undoing qualms between us."

He rubbed the back of his head. "Well, as long as you two are okay, I'm okay with it. Besides, it's a good thing you didn't come immediately if both of you were distracted. There was a Canadine ambush."

Calai glanced around and asked, "Where's Reiz? She's okay, right?"

Ohgun nervously laughed. "Uh... To be honest, I was the one in trouble. She annihilated them in no time."

Calai cooed, "Damsel in distress and the knight in shining armor, huh?"

The two talked for a while more while I looked up the elevator tube. I did not realize that we were still rising. How long is this shaft, anyway? There was a rumor that there was a cylindrical elevator tube that descended to the depths of the seabed. At the very bottom was supposed to be a test-subject disposal area, where Tyrell's Hero fought a large humanoid. Afterwards, records of the hero disappeared. Maybe if we headed downwards, we might have found a clue. I glanced about us but found no input console about us. Why was this elevator heading upwards, anyway? Where does it lead to?

c.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

"Hey, are you listening?"

I turned finally to find Calai and Ohgun facing me. I stated, "Repeat, please."

Ohgun sighed. "Okay, I'm starting to think you should be at the center of our formation; just behind me." I nodded. "You're okay with that?"

"If you are fine with it, I have no complaints."

Ohgun chuckled. "Okay. Calai is going to take the rear. I trust her the most out of you three so far." Trust... Of course. I would not be of significance. Then, Ohgun patted my shoulder. "But hey, I trust you enough to cover my back, okay?"

I looked up to him and found his attention completely on me. Why does he trust me? My internal temperature increased in an instant and I slapped his hand off my shoulder. "Idiot. We all cover each other."

Ohgun chuckled. "Of course we should. Anyway, we shouldn't keep Reiz waiting."

He immediately turned to the Telepipe and exited immediately. Calai glanced at me and winked. She then went in as well. I found myself staring at the Telepipe. What is happening?

"Forgot about me again, huh?"

I looked over my right shoulder again to find Lucky next to me. "Oh. Sorry."

Lucky spun around me and swooped down. "I swear, being a MAG sucks."

I sighed. "Sorry. I had a very talkative MAG before you. I'm adjusting, though."

Lucky came close and pressed his forehead against mine. "Remember that you are not weak because of me. At least show me some more attention."

"I am truly sorry."

He chuckled. "Well, as long as you are, I'll let you have your fun."

I nodded. "Thank you."

With that, I entered the Telepipe and pressed a button on my inventory interface to synchronize with the Telepipe. Immediately, I found myself in a small room with a healing ring next to me. Calai was just done being repaired when I entered. She passed me and then paced out the automated door. It seemed we were in a section of the Pioneer 2 laboratories. What were we doing here? I went under the healing ring and checked my coordinates on the map. Apparently, we were still on Ragol but somewhere far away from Gal Da Val Islands. In fact, we were somewhere closer to Pioneer 1's Central Dome. Interesting.

When I went through the automated doors, everything felt nostalgic. The lack of organic life was soothing. Everything with reflective properties and well-maintained metallic surroundings... Even the scent of metals being fused was comforting. At the other side of the lengthy rectangular room, I saw Reiz standing at her place, waiting with Ohgun.

"You are late," she said to both Calai and me.

Calai laughed. "Sorry. Sorry. Just a little personal time was needed."

Reiz turned to Ohgun and said, "You may lead now."

Ohgun laughed. "So bossy."

Ohgun led the way and I followed closely, only to find Reiz beside me. Now that I thought about it, I do not think Reiz was given a position in our formation. I am supposed to be between Calai and Ohgun though.

Calai gave a nostalgic sigh. "Ah, the mines. The memories."

Memories? Had she been here before? "Why were you here?"

Calai grinned. "I was here for a top-secret mission issued by the military. I'm supposed to escort a technician around to repair the laser gates about the site. He died, though. It was expected. He was apparently able to repair key sections of the mines, and that was what mattered. The guild was not expecting me to live though. As cruel as it was, the payment was enough to pay for our repairs for a few months."

Pay? Repairs for a few months? Why was it that she always said she did not have enough money to spend for repairs? In fact, I never even knew that she had even undertaken such rigorous client orders. She did not seem to be--in any way--bothered about disclosing about the client order. Then again, knowing her enough, she grins for everything. I cannot trust her grin.

Now that I think about it, there was a "mines" that Tyrell's Hero visited, but that was before the whole fiasco at Gal Da Val Islands. This hero managed to eliminate Vol Opt, one of the best AIs ever recorded in Pioneer history with a complex defense system that far surpasses any CAST. Thinking back on this, it made me wonder whether this hero rivaled a god. According to Corallean lore, there were heroes throughout time who stopped a deity from enacting terror upon the planet. However, that was a long time ago and no such extraordinary heroes existed since then. Then, why does it seem like there was a return of one of those heroes?

When examining the surroundings, it just seemed menacing. Some plates were charred or shattered, wires were suspended from the ceiling, occasional parts of maintenance drones were scattered upon every room, crates displayed that they were opened by force, lights flickered continuously... It seemed there was a battle in at least every room. Walls expressed slash marks made by scouting drones.

"Sinow!?" Calai exclaimed.

I dropped down into a defensive position to find a Sinow Beat at the other side of a long hallway. Sinow Beat were based on the attempt to recreate a mechanized form of what Corporealness call "Ninja." They prioritize speed and stealth when fighting, but oddly, this Sinow Beat was easy to find. It hung upside-down with its arms crossed. Its feet were photon talons, allowing it to grip upon any surface available. The fact that it is hanging upside down means that it is in watch mode. When otherwise, it was always safe to assume that it is attacking, since its attacks are spontaneous and swift.

Ohgun armed his bazooka and shot directly at the Sinow Beat. However, it swung itself just over the shot and unsheathed its arm blades as it looked like it was soaring toward our direction! Reiz took the vanguard position and slashed forward as it came forward... but she missed!? No... I swear I saw it connect!

Wait... Trickery... It is not stealth but trickery! I turned to find Calai fall onto her knees, sparking from her abdomen. A photon blade was pulled out and then she was kicked toward me. I caught her as she tumbled. The Sinow Beat jumped back and faded into thin air. Unlike Sinow Zoa, Sinow Beats are more cunning and able to eliminate enemies if they are not aware of their surroundings. Calai is an example of one who fell victim to one.

I held onto Calai as she accessed her inventory and consumed a Dimate. The wound sealed in an instant but it seemed there were some issues remaining.

"How are you doing?" Ohgun asked.

Calai slowly looked over to him and said, "Nnnnneeeeeeevvvvveeeeeerrrrrr beeeeeetteeeeeerrrrrrrrr."

Right. Sinow Beats also prioritize on slowing the enemy's functions. They are able to pinpoint sections of the body that induce lag, even with Organics. To put more specifically, they inflict damage to points of the body to disturb circulation. Calai should be well after a while. It is the matter of waiting when she will be fine to move again.

"Hey, I can carry her for you."

I looked over to Ohgun and shirked his offer away. I was carrying Calai on my back. She was not as heavy as usual, though. In fact, she feels as light as an average-weight Organic. Usually, CASTs are heavy. The lightest known CAST is a Caseal at 182 pounds with a height of 4'11". I do not understand why so short. It is unnecessary, unless if the creator had a short-person fetish.

Ohgun sighed and said, "Hey, this's the quickest way to the rally point."

"Lead the way then," I muttered.

I trust his navigation. I know that I will not be much help when trouble arises since I am a civilian-type CAST. I am not meant for battle. It is miraculous that I am even alive. Atmospheric photons were also high. I did not express any major symptoms. Daddy, what did you do to me? Am I no ordinary civilian? Am I--?

"Sis?"

I glanced over my shoulder, feeling Calai's hand brush against my chin. "How may I help you?"

"C-can you... umm..." She sighed. "Put me down, please?"

"What is your reason?"

"Just be a good CAST and do as you're told."

"Good CAST or careful CAST?"

"Put me down, already!"

I looked forward again, disobeying her command. I do not know why I am doing this, though. Calai did not express any abnormal symptoms, especially from the Sinow unit. Yet, I was still holding onto her. Daddy, what is wrong with me? Daddy, give me a sign--something to help me understand what is happening.

"Sis..."

I glanced up to Ohgun, seeing him look away. I then looked over to Reiz, seeing her watch us. Is there something wrong? After a while, Reiz looked forward. Maybe the two of them were simply curious as to how I am doing. After all, I am a civilian. I am not supposed to be carrying anything as heavy as Calai. Yet, I am doing exactly this, and I am able to do it without any problems. Something is wrong.

"Sis?"

This time, she was talking in a whisper. Her breaths tickled my auditory sensors. "What?" I muttered.

She remained quiet for a moment, probably to think. "Can I... I..."

If she is going to say if I could put her down--

"C-can I hold onto you?"

... Huh? I glanced over but her hands moved from my shoulders and forced my head to look forward. She tumbled a little until she grabbed my shoulders again. "Are you trying to make a fool of yourself?"

"N-no... Just... Y'know..." She moved in close and whispered into my ear, "This is my first time being carried like this."

First time? Now that I think about it, I never could carry her by myself, let alone her torso. What is so special about being carried like this? Honestly, I cannot comprehend what in the world she is talking about.

"Sure. Do not--"

Suddenly, she slumped herself onto me and her arms wrapped around my neck, warming me like how a scarf would during the "Winter Event" in Pioneer 2. Her internal temperature increased. What is so...? Wait... Why is mine increasing as well? I do not understand what is happening. Everything focused onto Calai. I could feel her breaths against me. I could feel her chest expanding and deflating against my spine. Her pathetic breasts actually felt... soft. I could feel up her leg, and... her lips... My neck...

No! I must not think that way! I... I am... How could I think that way? Calai is... Calai is female--my sister! I shook my head and looked up to Reiz. She is staring at me again.

"Increase in temperature detected--"

"Shut up!" I roared.

Ohgun glanced over to us. "To arms!"

Ohgun and Reiz armed their respective weapons. They are looking to our direction. Enemy? A Sinow? Reiz rushed by me and took a vanguard position. Indeed, there was a Sinow. This time, it was not purple like the other one. It is... yellow? Oh no. A Sinow Gold? I glanced about us, finding that it is accompanied by five Canadine and two Gilchics.

Canadine are basic protocol security units. They are inexpensive spacecraft-looking machinery but very swift when engaging the enemy within a certain range. The most opportune time to attack it is before it attacks. It often has a two-second lag to move from evasion mode to attack mode and vice versa. It has a high-powered short-ranged stun gun at the end of its two-prong extensions that can down a section of Pioneer 2. It can also send that shock in a projectile form, but it is not quite as strong and takes longer to attack in this form due to its need to lock on to the target by a infrared laser via a third extension in the inferior aspect of its body. However, when not in alarm, it points its stun gun prongs downward and uses this form for inspecting and observing. These have a green frame. There are also red, brown, and yellow variants.

Gilchics are black humanoid construction units. They double as security when a hostility or an intrusion code occurs. Their primary arsenal are their arms that can cause a dent on one of the toughest metal available and a laser that shoots light-based bolts. Although their movements are slow, they are menacing if left alone. They will stalk the enemy until one of four things happen: 1) confirmed destruction of enemies, 2) destruction of self, 3) a commanding drone undoes the code, or 4) it is forced to stop. Unfortunately, provision 3 is impossible upon Ragol due to unknown circumstances. The drones were informed of an intrusion code, and with no master computer to access and stop them all, they will continue to operate in their respective manners.

Sinow Gold are similar to Sinow Beat in their priorities. However, what sets them apart is their ability to aid in natural repairs of the drones in their immediate vicinity, something that is noticeably similar to the technique Resta. They are often found in the front lines with their abilities that are more superior than almost any other security drone available. They move faster than Sinow Beats and their primary goal is to assassinate in the midst of chaos. They are not deployed to pacify the enemy and are always lethal. When alone, they are still effective as a solo enemy.

Apparently, Ohgun was always firing his bazooka at the Sinow Gold's direction. Although it is dodging his shots, it is still effective due to it being unable to heal its subordinates. Reiz was always in the knick of time when a Canadine is about to strike me, slashing at each that dared to attack me. At least I know that Reiz is with us this time. I wonder about that fight we had earlier against her. It did not seem like she was as effective as that other time. In fact, she seemed slower. Was her memory related to her effectiveness as a fighter? If so, what was her motivation? Or was there even any?

The Canadine appeared to be swift and required patience to eliminate. I was backed against the wall with Calai still on my back. I did not want to put her at risk of being harmed. She is known to hide her true emotions or if there is something affecting her. Calai... I will protect her this time.

Then, I saw Reiz dashing across the field to assist Ohgun from the Canadine. However, I soon found myself accompanied by two that prevented me from running after her. They began shocking the air, as they approached me. I soon found myself cornered with no way to run. I am sorry, Calai, but I have to do this!

I dropped her into the corner and lunged forward with a Saber at hand, slashing at the nearest one. It was destroyed in one swing, evidently damaged by Reiz earlier but my left arm took a bolt of electricity at the process, paralyzing my whole left arm and to the base of my neck. I could still move but my ability to balance myself was impaired. It was hard enough to even stand! I turned to find the Canadine heading toward Calai. I stumbled a little, feeling the shortages throughout my body, and then did a clumsy attempt of a lunge toward the Canadine. I swung when it was in range but it shifted itself out of the way. No... Calai! Block!

Suddenly, Calai moved forward and tackled me back with enough force to keep me standing. Then, she shifted me aside with an arm around me and fired one of the Twin Gatling pistols at the Canadine. I soon found myself disarmed and my arm holding onto Calai for dear life. Something inside me felt vulnerable. I felt so weak. Then again, it is expected. I am a civilian. I am not supposed to be fighting.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up to find Calai talking to me. How dare she? She knows I am not okay! I tried to push her away from me but she seized my left arm and pulled it to her. She then pressed... Wait... No! This is not time to be romantic! I pulled my left arm away from her and held it against my chest.

"Looks like you're okay now," she chuckled. Afterwards, she dashed by me and joined Ohgun and Reiz in their own fight.

I am... Wait... I am okay. I moved my left arm around and moved my neck around. My movements were restored. I know that it should have been restored in no time but this was way too quick. Calai, what did you do?

I soon found Calai acting as a Vanguard as well with her Twin Brand armed. Calai and Reiz moved about Ohgun in such an organized fashion whereas Ohgun kept eliminating targets one after another with ease. That is how military CASTs should act. I am far from that organized. I do not even know the standard formations. I know that I will mess up eventually when everyone relied on me. I cannot take that burden. I cannot take that chance!

"Being a whiny bitch again?"

Lucky? I looked over my shoulder to find him gliding in a depressed manner. "I am sorry."

"Don't be. Besides, take a look again."

I did as he said. "What now?"

"Can you see that they are struggling?"

They looked fine to me. I kept watching until Calai slipped on the floor. Reiz then compensated for her action and slashed at a Canadine that was close to striking her. The Canadine dodged just in time and went back into evasion mode. The Sinow Gold then lunged at Ohgun. He barely took a scratch on his plating as he moved out of its way. Wait... He is supposed to have armor attached to him. That must mean he is weakening.

Everyone is doing what they can to survive, trying to do their best for each other. I glanced at my armor rating on my inventory, finding them slightly damaged but still at an optimal range.

"Yes. Feel it within you. You want to help them. You can be more than a civilian. You can be a savior. Help them."

I wanted to believe in Lucky. "... But what if I--?"

"Don't think. Just do. If you want to save them, do it."

I checked my inventory but found only my Saber and Autogun as the most effective for combat. How else could I fight? How can I save the ones I care about just by such weak weapons? "I can't..."

"Oh, you're forgetting something. I'm a MAG."

... How have I been so oblivious to that fact? Time to recall the incantations that Calai recited upon her Photon Blast training. How does it go? I raised my hand up to the air and recited, "Oh creature from the depths of the restless waves, grant me the power to rend my enemy through!" All senses of ambient noises become nullified, leaving my focus only on the enemies swarming about the three. I then pointed my finger in the direction of the enemies. "Estlla!"

Upon the cry of its name, a fish-like creature appeared. It had a divine appearance with its glossy colors and its intense, vivid colors like that of a rainbow surging all about its body. It launched out from over my shoulder and managed to eliminate the Canadine and the Gilchics upon one pass. In fact, they seemed to have vanished into a void. After the fish-like creature disappeared into the distance, all noises returned. The scene was back to how it was, but it seemed the Sinow Gold was still on the field. Calai, Ohgun, and Reiz seemed to be bewildered about what happened but they returned focus onto the Sinow. Thank goodness... I was able to contribute after all.

"You do know you don't have to recite all that mumbo-jumbo, right?"

"Huh?" I looked over my shoulder to find Lucky spinning. "What do you mean?"

"All you have to do is raise your hand up and then point as you say a zodiac name. Pretty cool, though."

"Huh..." I folded my arms and thought about the instructions that Daddy provided for Calai. Maybe Daddy wanted there to be a type of majestic summon to Photon Blasts. "I need to let Daddy know that."

"Probably a good idea."

Before long, it seemed that Calai and Reiz were able to trap the Sinow for Ohgun's bazooka to blast it. When it was downed, Reiz lunged forward and slashed a few times to completely eliminate the enemy. Thank goodness. No one was severely harmed.

"Well!" Calai laughed. "It seemed we got some help somehow."

Ohgun consumed a Monomate as Reiz said, "Yes." She glanced at me and then looked away.

Ohgun sighed. "Seriously, it's crazy how that fight turned out. I thought we were going to have a few casualties at the least."

I joined them at the center of the room. Calai noticed me and asked, "Hey, and where were you?"

... Huh? "I was in the corner the whole time."

Ohgun rubbed the back of his head. "Oh. Right. She's a civilian."

Right... I am a civilian. I am not supposed to be in these affairs. I cannot...

Calai slammed a fist against his chest, where the Sinow Gold slashed him. "She's better than any old civilian! How else could she still be standing here!?"

Ohgun sighed. "You're right." He patted my head. "Sorry about that."

Huh? Daddy? I looked up to Ohgun, seeing him staring back at me. No... He cannot be Daddy. However, Ohgun did pat my head like Daddy. Daddy... Hmm....

"Am I doing something bad?" Ohgun asked Calai.

Calai muttered, "She likes it when anyone pats her head."

"I do not!" I roared. Suddenly, a hand slammed down on my head. It caused static to my senses for a while. Then, I was forced to turn toward Reiz, who seemed to be rubbing my head with this serious look on her face. "What are you doing?"

Reiz turned to Calai and said, "I confirm that she does not like me patting her head."

Calai laughed. "Oh, Reiz. You have to be gentle." She then came to her and... Wha...!? "Y'know... Kind of get a little close and make her want to be your little sister."

I pressed a hand to my face. If this keeps up, Reiz will be as--if not more--perverted than Calai. Maybe when things settle down, I will teach her proper manners. There are better things than fighting and teasing your comrades.

Several hours later, it seemed that we were almost reaching our destination. Calai has been chatting with Reiz and managed to uncover this much from her: her former operation was a medical assistant, but for some reason that she did not want to uncover, she was discarded. Thus, when she was recovered by the military in a different shell, her main operation was to carry out the OPSS. Somewhere in the process of her lost memories, it is safe to assume that she had installed SOUL with her previous memory data transferred directly, which made a lot of sense. Most language use data that is transferred directly from an older operating system to SOUL had a tendency to fragment for some reason. In the case of my language data being transferred into Reiz, it already had SOUL integration data patched into the language use, thus her being able to use most of my words. How she speaks is similar but how she used her words were different.

"Hey."

I looked up to find Ohgun talking to me. "How may I help you?" I asked.

"You're operating in the same OS as your sister, right?"

I looked forward as I scanned through my database. "I know mine. However, I only know that she has SOUL operating on her. Is something the matter with me?"

He shook his head. "No, it's not that. It's your sister whom I feel is different."

"You are one to talk."

"I mean it. She is too much like an Organic. The way she talks and moves is byfar unique."

"Is that so?" I looked at Calai and Reiz, seeing that Calai was leaning forward with a wide, toothy smile and her hands gripping beside her. Reiz was simply walking forward with her arms swinging to her sides and her head only turned to face Calai. When I look up to Ohgun, I find him doing the same. "Is it the complexity of her expressions that take your interest."

He looked forward. "You might be right. I take it that you made direct links with her as well?"

"Huh? ... Uh..." I noticed my hand feeling a lock of hair. I immediately whipped it down to my side. "D-does it show?"

He leveled himself to my head and quietly asked, "You do know it is considered taboo to do it under most circumstances, correct?"

"Uh...!?" I glanced at Calai and back to Ohgun, realizing that I was feeling a lock of my hair again. Wait... That is what Calai does when she is nervous. Oh no...! "P-please, don't misunderstand. We only did it because there was an error in my data. We had no console for her to operate with, either. It was necessary as well, I swear!"

Ohgun straightened himself upright as he kept walking. "Then again, most new-types are doing that recently. I understand that we are in a crisis but it is still a taboo. We cannot do it unless completely necessary." He sighed. "I guess we'll have to discuss this matter at the next meeting. For your sake, I will highly suggest that you will not link with your sister until I tell you what provisions were made."

Hesitantly, I nodded. In fact, I do not know why I hesitated. I agree that I should not do it again. However, it is also the only way I could get to know Calai. I do not know her otherwise. She keeps so many secrets from me.

We kept heading toward wherever Ohgun was leading us. Calai seemed willing to cooperate with him. In fact, she appeared to be carefree about him leading us all. Then again, after knowing her for so long, maybe that is a trick as well. Maybe I should stay alert.

"We're here," Ohgun announced to us.

Calai fell silent that instant whereas Reiz had been silent the whole time. There was a laser gate with a Canane in its observation mode. A Canane is similar to a Canadine in structure and function. However, the major differences are that it is a red variant and usually accompanied by eight Canadine. Also, the Canane almost never attacks. It always instructs its followers into complex formations and the sort. This Canane was alone, which is already a bit odd.

Upon approaching it, Ohgun opened a wireless channel and the Canane accessed his data. After a while, it activated a void and disappeared. It appeared nothing was around us, but for some reason, it felt like we were still being watched. The low-pitched hum of the laser gate felt like it was percussing my body. I dared not to even take a glance about me. What if the group is actually heavily militaristic? The suspense began to make me feel jittery.

After some time, one of the doors at the other side of the rectangular room opened. There, a massive RAcast--black, polished, and gleaming eyes of piercing purple--approached us. He had a majestic magenta cape that flapped along every step and every step quaked the floor. He was so tall that even our tall Ohgun had to look up. Is he the leader? He came out to greet us without even a guard? Is he really that powerful? Wait... Black? Gleaming eyes of purple...?

"John!"

All of our attention shifted to a female Newman, who apparently seemed to have been chasing him. She had a jade-green pea coat that covered down to her knees and jet-black boots. Hm? Wait...

"John, you got one of the curtains stuck on you again. Honestly, I'm starting to think that--" Her attention shifted to us, but me in particular. "Are you... Fortuna?"

Ciello? What is she doing here? I thought she went back to Pioneer 2. Wait, had we been traveling around for that long? I began questioning whether the internal clock is accurate.

"What happened to embarrassing me in front of new people?" John said in a piercing manner. He looked at us, but Calai in particular. "Well, one of them isn't."

"It's good to see you alive and well," Calai said. I was surprised of her calm, soothing tone. I looked over to her to find her smile not one like that of her wildcat personality.

I then looked over to John, seeing that he was looking at me. If I do recall correctly, he planned on abandoning me back in the caves. However, he at least helped Calai in saving some CASTs. By this, I could find some comfort in forgiving him. John inputted something in his arm guard, having the laser gate deactivate.

With this, John stood aside and motioned for us to pass by. Ciello immediately clung onto my arm when I was about to pass by her. "I can't believe it's you! I heard so much about you from Ciel. She said that there was this awesome Caseal whom had this scary look on her face but was as kind as a singing Rappy."

"Ciel?"

"Oh. Right." She moved away from me with her arms behind her. "Umm... I guess she didn't say that she had a younger sister, huh?"

Younger? You two look the same! In fact, it is hard to distinguish an Organic from another. "How is your sister?" I asked.

"Oh. She died."

I shifted my attention to her in awe. "What happened?"

The Newman beside me shook her head. "She didn't really last long after she arrived on Pioneer 2. Jean didn't look good either. When I got to the hospital, her wound apparently reopened, but it was ultimately unrepairable. Apparently, if it were not the internal bleeding that would kill her, it would be her reaching the end of her life span." She looked forward, showing her woes on the matter. "You know how we Newmen have a variable lifespan, correct? Apparently, she was overdue for a month prior to her death. She was having flesh transplants almost weekly due to her body tending to want to rapidly decay for some reason, and Jean was there to help with money."

I looked away from her. "How was the burial rite?"

"There wasn't any."

Awestruck, I wanted to inquire more. I asked her what happened but it seemed she was not willing to answer any other questions. I glanced over to Calai, seeing that she was actively listening to her. Calai stepped over to Ciello's sister's left side and held her hand.

"What is your name?"

She gave a deep sight--probably to vent--and finally said to Calai, "Violla." She gave a disheartened smile. "Our father was a musician and loved string instruments. It's rather funny, isn't it?"

"It sounds funny," Calai joked.

Violla laughed. "It sure does."

This part is usually when Calai takes control of the person of interest. She is usually good at interacting with depressed folks, mostly because of her enlightening attitude. As for me, I seem to lack that luster.

Ohgun stopped the group. "Well, here's where we register ourselves." He held his hand out to a tube that stood up to my shoulders. "All you have to do as CASTs is

--DATA FRAGMENTED--

--ERROR--

--ERROR--

--CANNOT COMPL_

Woooo! Arc updated!

I'm still around. Just quite busy with IRL stuff I'll be adding some time soon. Don't know when though XD
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Its all good. I await the next update.

--RECORDING--

How long has it been since I last made a record? I could not really remember. The time stamps on the previous records were tampered with, thus the display of dates that they were modified. Also, I seemed to have become desynchronized with the Pioneer Standard Time. It was most infuriating.

It has been a while since the administrators enabled records. So, I will state what has happened according to what I remember.

First of all, I do remember waking up in my room. Yes, it is the very room that was issued to me in Pioneer 2. There was no mistake about it. It is simply a capsule inside a closet space, but really, it will suffice. After all, Daddy spent numerous hours to create this capsule just for me. It is a recharge station, record compiler, file reinforcement and updater, and defragmenter. My systems confirmed every operation. Oh, also, in the exterior space of the closet, there was enough space to brew some tea or coffee.

Secondly, Daddy has been out for some kind of business trip. In fact, it has been quite some time since he last sent a letter to me, but that is fine. His business is his own. Where is he? I cannot confirm that. Confidential information if I knew. Still, Daddy is Daddy. No matter what I do, I cannot seem to keep up with his inspirations.

Thirdly, it was almost as if the events of the OPSS never existed. Humans, Newmans, and Humanoids--the new term for "Androids"--seem to coexist with only the same conflicts occuring. In fact, crime rates have been severely reduced for some odd reason.

Fourthly, we are restricted from using the portal to the surface of Ragol. In fact, Pioneer 2 is not even within the planet's orbit but in hyperspace. We do not know where we are headed, but I am quite sure Sir Principal knows where we are headed.

Finally... In regards to Calai and me...

"Are you done for the day?"

I looked up to Calai as she crawled into my capsule with me. She laid down beside me with a smile. I said in reply, "Only maintenance is needed around the house, and you know that I do this task quickly."

She rolled onto her side and said, "We have only a few hours before work calls me back."

True, and without Daddy around, there was no need to buy groceries. I looked up to her to find her hand already grasping one of my cables and directly linking with me. She held her link cable between us for me to take. I could feel our body temperatures already heating the capsule.

"We should stop..." She pressed her link cable to my lips and she scooted herself closer to me. Her legs were already tangling with mine. "W-wait... Calai. Please, listen...!"

She pressed her forehead against mine with the tips of our noses barely touching. What is she going to do? No... She should not dare. We are sisters. We are girls. No...! Please!

"Just kidding."

I felt my link cable coil back to me. After that, Calai backed a little with that annoying smile of hers. What? How dare she! ... Again! I rolled onto my side so my back was to her. However, I soon felt her move close again. I turned a little but Calai stopped me from turning and held a palm to my face so that I could not look behind me.

She said to me, "You and I will stay together forever, and forever, I will never do anything that you will not like. So, please, remember me when you are in trouble."

I turned to look at her but she suddenly crawled on me again. As I laid on my back, she pressed her head onto my shoulder and laid herself comfortably. Yes, this is how it usually ends every day whenever Daddy is not around. Since Humanoids only sleep to reboot or recharge their batteries, there are days that a Humanoid would simply stay still and simply keep in standby mode. One as such is the day of this recording. I am being recharged by simply lying in this capsule. My data is still fine and does not require a reboot.

"Calai?"

Silence... I glanced down to find her eyes shut, her breaths deep and quiet. I stared at her face. This artificial epithelial exterior looks so much like a Human. It even feels like one. Her cheeks are warm. Her skin is so smooth. Her lips are so soft. Her eyes are so blue. Wait...

"Sis? What're you doing?"

"Admiring your face," I simply said. However, her body temperature rose. "Calai, were you feigning sleep?"

"Y-you touch me when I'm sleeping!? Such a perv!"

"Says the one who feigns sleep just to be admired."

Calai thrusted herself upright but her head collided with the hatch. As she rubbed her head, she said, "T-that's besides the point! Why don't you touch me when I'm awake?"

I glanced away. "That sure sounded perverted."

Calai flipped herself so her back was toward me. I grinned and rolled onto my side with my back to her, waiting for time to pass by.

"You remember that boy?" Calai suddenly asked. "As I was walking home, I saw him being bullied by some Humanoids. Before I could do anything, he suddenly wooped them good. It totally surprised me."

It was not really surprising when I thought about it. That boy has a metal case with purely organic major organs; a cyborg to be accurate. Due to harsh circumstances before that left him a paraplegic, I funded him to have that situation rectified. Since then, Humanoids have been writing and sending threats to me for helping a Human.

"Sis," Calai said, "how come you helped this boy? Isn't it--?"

"Do I have to explain myself, again?" I have told Calai numerous times before that I thought bullying is always wrong and that the boy needed help in more ways than what he can do by himself.

"Sis?"

I remained quiet, but she knew that I was listening. She gave a few moments of silence, making even me nervous. My finger coiled around some hair that was over my face.

"Please don't see that boy anymore." Before I could interject, she said, "Don't you know what the Humanoids are plotting? They're trying your hand, Sis. They're going to lynch the boy. If they find you coming to his aid, it'll--"

"Is this why you were so playful just now?"

"W-well..."

"Leave me be."

"Please, Sis. Consider what I said. Please. Don't do this to me. I want you to be... Oh, Sis...!"

The hatch opened and I stepped out of bed. Calai snatched my hand to stop me but I whipped it away from her. I could not bear to look at her. She is so pathetic. Why do I have to waste time with her? She should just be tossed into the scrap heep she was taken up from and rust away.

"Sis!"

As I was walking to the front doors, Calai then appeared in front of me with her arms out, preventing me from coming by. She had this look of desperation on her face. I stared at her for a while to test how determined she was. In fact, she had a hard time trying to look at me in the eyes. Pathetic. When I moved, her gestures then strengthened. Her gestures were solid. Calai...

"Don't go out. At least not yet. They're going to lynch the kid any moment now, and if you go, they might--"

I shoved her aside and accessed the Visiphone at the entrance of the residence. I then input the child's name and tried calling him. After five or so rings, he still did not answer. Usually, he was prompt about receiving calls from me. Then, I checked his registered information, seeing that he was in his residence. I immediately knew something was wrong.

As I was turning, Sis had something pointed at my face. A... A Handgun? Here? I thought weapons were not accessible in Pioneer 2 unless with a license to wield arms. These licenses were only available during times of emergencies via Visiphone, a guild, or direct authorization from the military. If going against this rule, the body will undergo trauma. If the wielder killed someone, the wielder will then collapse where he or she stands.

I looked up to Sis, seeing her wincing with her teeth clenched. Her body temperature was skyrocketing to the point that I could see ripples in the air.

I can see this will require a lot of thought. I will record the results when all is decided.

--END RECORDING--

--RECORDING--

"Hey, Sis. It's good to see you out of the house finally."

I was glancing around me, seeing the tall structures of buildings to my left and right with glowing lamps representing the road for cars to glide among them. I was walking on the raised platform upon one of the smaller buildings representing the general market.

Calai directed me here to give my opinion on a new set of Humanoid fashion parts that went on sale today. However, there was a key thing that made me reject this new bit of fashion: fetish. Yes. Fetish. Considering that a vast majority of Organics are interested in female breasts and the fact that the full-body part appeared to have the flesh of any other Organic, I was considering Daddy's concern about having a heavily-endowed body in the house. Rather than being aroused by it, he would simply flick at it and smack it whenever he has the chance. You see, although he likes seeing things jiggle, he does not agree with this on a living creature.

"It will be an inconvenience after the creature hits after 30 years anyway," he said, although the context applied to Human years. Newman years are variable and usually signficantly shorter than a Human for some reason, thus making their "age of sag"--as Daddy would call it--sooner. Well, to be more exact, convenience was all he asked for. That was what Mommy apparently had: "Natural beauty with no additives or things to mask her deformities," Daddy said happily in a recording I viewed one time. He was a man of truth and facts. Unfortunately, the lighting was inconveniently placed. I have to admit that Daddy is the worst to handle cameras. There was a time when I attended a conference with Daddy leading a recording of a new invention and a conference member vomited due to how much movement the camera had. Because of this, I took up a rigorous training course on how to properly handle a camera. Calai attempted this much, but she decided it was best to leave it to someone "less fidgety."

As I was window shopping for clothes that Daddy could wear, I saw Sis doing her usual bargaining to reduce the price of a dress she would never wear. I doubt she realizes that our body parts are unable to remove most sections except for accessory parts like our skirts and sleeve additions. Also, the outfit she was planning to buy was for larger-breasted women with round hips. I shifted my focus to my reflection, seeing that I was feeling a lock of hair that I braided today. I honestly cannot comprehend why I thought I should do it, but it was infuriating when Calai said "Beautiful as ever" instead of focusing on the new change of style I attempted. Why should I even care? She is often blind to these things anyway.

I doubt that Calai would mind where I go, knowing that she is taking her sweet time with this store clerk. I departed from the shop and stepped into a portal at the center of the market. I inputed my destination and teleported to a factory. Basically, there are three major branches of hospitals for Humans, Newmans, and Humanoids: clinics, temples, and factories respectively. Each kind is specified for each kind of race, though each type of hospital have simple means of tending to the other races that happen to be sent their way.

In this factory, that boy was transferred here from the clinic. I am a volunteer for the three kinds of hospitals and it was this boy's turn to be visited. Since it was midday, there were numerous Humanoids of different sorts doing their rounds in the hallway. Some were simply becoming accustomed to new parts. Others were chatting among each other. Several others were using cyberneting games to undo the stiffness in the factory. However, as I ventured deep into a section of the factory, I noticed this typical hospital setting was nonexistent. I quickly turned to look behind me only to find some Humanoids turning away or seeming to have their attention elsewhere. I knew this welcomeness to be fake.

You see, this boy is Human. Well, partially Human, to be exact. It would be easy to visually mistake this boy as a Humanoid, which is why he was transferred here for his safety, but it is not easy to fool a Humanoid. Each Humanoid emits a unique frequency, making them easy to identify if the frequencies can be distinguished. When putting this into an Organic's sense of distinguishing individuals, each frequency is like the distinguishing factors with an Organic. Even though an Organic can call a Humanoid beautiful, if the frequency is not compatible with the Humanoid distinguishing it, the emitter is ugly. In this sense, to a vast number of Humanoids, I am ugly.

Considering this, the Humanoids who watched me pass by were possibly jeering or commenting how ugly I emit. I suppose this is another reason why I was issued to tend to this boy. Codename: BROM, or Boy Resurrected by Ordinary Machinery. Yes, ordinary machinery. There were rare cases of Humans being compatible with mechanical organs, and Brom is one of them.

At the end of a hallway as if caging a monster, a warning fence blocked my way. I passed through with little regard, only to find a nursing assistant glance out from the distant nursing station. Well, this warning fence was mostly a child barrier to give warning of someone crossing.

The last few doors were empty except the one at the very end. I entered this occupied residence. Suddenly, I jumped to the side.

"Oh. Brom. Refrain from startling me like that."

Just to my right when stepping into the room, stood the boy. He was a head-size shorter than me. He wore a hospital tunic. Now... I could see the mechanical parts being exposed through what appeared to be flesh. Really, this flesh was an artificial applicant. However, it was evident that this applicant was being rejected by Brom's body parts again.

"The same things as usual," I informed as Brom came to me and led me to a chair next to the bed. There was a table that had food, but it seemed as if it was left there for some time. I then shifted my sights to a corner, seeing a deposit of food rotting in a waste basket. I hardly find that to be anything close to satisfying. Seeing as how the nursing staff were neglecting this boy, I decided to take the liberty of cleaning the room. The nursing facility should pay for neglecting him. Even if I notify someone, the accusation will only be glanced over and discarded. After all, intimacy between two different races was considered to be taboo. If Humans and Newmans are not allowed to pursue intimate relationships, the same would basically apply to Humans and Humanoids. The story of this one Newman falling in love with a Computer AI caused a wave of riots and believers that this wall of a taboo should be exterminated. The story did not really interest me, but Calai kept talking about it and wanted to discuss our point of views. It was utmost disturbing.

"Oh," I said as I turned to Brom. "Are you sure? I mean..." I felt along a lock of my hair. "I am a Humanoid. I am nothing like a real woman." I came to Brom's bedside, seeing him move aside for me to lie down next to him. "Brom..." He beckoned me to come to him. That stare... "Okay, if you insist that much."

I removed my accessory parts so they will not be crushed and slid under Brom's blanket. I held myself up with an arm upright from the bed and watched Brom snuggle against me. His eyes closed as he was asking for me to sing a lullaby. I guess I should, since I have done this much. So, I started humming quietly to him a song I heard while I was walking in the mall a week back. What was that song called again? Can Still See the Light? The one sung by Loren. I do not remember the lyrics though.

As I was humming the song, I saw Brom slowly drift off to sleep. I did not realize I was feeling his cheek and sometimes running my fingers through his short hair. Upon realizing this, I thought about stopping myself, but instead, I just smiled.

Brom... I do not know why but this boy is making me unfamiliar to myself. Everything I am doing is not like me. I would normally just do as said without consideration or guessing myself. I do not know why people should hate this boy. He is so full of love and wants to be with someone.

"S-Sis...?"

I looked over my shoulder to find Calai standing at the door with her arms gripping each other. I turned back to Brom, trying to hide the smile I cannot put away for some reason.

"Done shopping?" I rudely asked.

She sat next to the bed and said, "You should've at least told me you were leaving." Then, she touched my hand. I snatched it back to myself.

"How did you know I was here?"

She played with her hair as she said, "It's not that hard to find you if I know your visiting schedule, y'know."

I turned to find that she opened a document of my visiting hours with specific residents. Wait, that is supposed to be classified! "How did you get that?"

Calai moved close and whispered to me, "I happened to get it when we last linked together. Remember?"

My body temperature rose. "C-could you not...!"

Calai gave a small laugh and sat back on the stool. "I know. I know." She glanced over to Brom. "So, this is the thing that this factory is trying to hide."

"He is not a thing!" I roared as I stood upright with my hands clenched.

"Oh?" She felt along a lock of hair as she glanced to the window with the called blinds. "And what makes you think--"

Suddenly, I moved forward and pushed her, roaring "Get out!" We both met outside with me slamming Brom's door behind me. "What are--?"

A blinding pop resounded as a massive sting took my senses over. I pressed a hand over where it hurt, only to then realize that Calai slapped me. She slapped me!

"Get to your senses, Sis!" she pled. "Don't you even know what people do to those who cared for him? It's not just Organics. There're Humanoids too!"

"How about you educate me 'what people do,' Calai? Apparently, I do not understand the point you are trying to make."

She stared at me, seeming to be heartbroken. She shook her head and came close to me. "J-just..." I stood still, waiting for her to say something. "I... I'll be waiting for you. Please, be careful." With that, she turned and walked through the surveilance barrier to finally leave my peripheral vision.

I stood in my position, feeling a lock of hair. Some time has passed by when I soon realized I was standing dumb in the middle of the hallway. I could see eyes wonder to me and off once again. I had an idea as to what Calai was trying to warn me about but found solace in being in a hospital. No moral person would dare harm a client, right?

I came into the hospital room. The moment I stepped in forward, I soon noticed Brom standing just behind the open door. He does have that bad habit of doing that. I attempted a smile and ruffled his hair.

"They would not dare," I muttered aloud, but more to myself. Then, I said to him, "I thought you are tired." I held my hand out for him to take. I led him to the bedside but was stopped when a person knocked at the door. I forgot I left the door open.

"You're with him again?" a Cast with a calming tone asked. He is a tall, sleek Cast meant for negotiations and not combat. Simply put, an advocate. He even has clothes on as if he was an Organic. His outfit was a clean business outfit of grey, white dress shirt, and a black necktie.

I asked, "What are you doing here, Richard?"

Richard came in and closed the door behind him. "Just making sure you're doing well," he said as he fixed his necktie. "By the way, I saw your sister earlier. Did something happen?"

"What are you doing here, Richard?" I repeated but in a more sharp manner.

He sighed. "As careful for your sister, as ever. Anyway, straight to the point." He came to me and delivered a microchip. "You should read through this, considering that you are now his guardian."

I looked up to Richard. "W-what?"

"His parents are deceased and his previous guardians disowned him after knowing you were visiting this boy quite frequently, and quite well, may I add."

I glanced through the document in the microchip but did not really pay attention to the fine print. "What is the summary?"

"You are now decisive of what happens to this boy. However, you should also consider this right here." He points to the hologram and slid his finger through it, leaving a circle around a passage. "'Because this boy has no legalized parents, should you decide to become a guardian with residence shifted to yours, his current benefits will then be implemented into yours free of charge for one Pioneer year.' Basically, you're going to have compensation until--"

"You do realize I am a CAST," I interrupted. "My insurances are nonexistent, since my repairs are done by my owner. My benefits are barely even able to supply a pet. What does he have active as of now and for how long?"

Richard swiped a finger in the air and a document appeared. "Oh. Well, since his parents are formerly military, the retirement benefits and healthcare plans are applied upon him. That means 1,000 Meseta per two weeks and endangerment healthcare plans that cover hospital, dental, and transportation costs. These benefits are pretty much set for life and cannot be passed onto another individual." He swiped at the document, having it vanish. "Well, if you think about it, I highly suggest against taking him into your home. His current residence is a suite, and his previous guardians did not take him in either. Sure, he can visit your home, though."

I looked over to Brom, seeing him staring out the closed window. "What do you think, Brom?"

He glanced at Richard and then looked away again.

I looked up to Richard. He folded his arms and nodded. "I see," he said. "I'll let you think about it more. I will attempt to postpone the deadline. While that is happening--" He handed me a microchip. As I accessed it, he continued. "--you will have to sign this. It is proof that we have met and you are to be only my client unless if I am deceased or our business has been completed. Our 'business' being completed will be another document after the first one I gave you. I highly suggest you two attempt to decide as soon as possible and create a mutual decision."

"And if someone were to knock on my door and attempt to decide business with me in regards to Brom?"

Richard chuckled. "You should just have them call me."

"If the person refuses?"

"Call me. I'll do something about it. Just be sure to snap a screenshot of the person. Your model can send visual information instantly, correct?" I knew he meant my head type and nodded. "Okay. Be sure to put me into a shortcut. I could just--" I sent him a screenshot of himself. "Har har. Very funny."

I came to him with my hands held together at my waistline. "Why are you so helpful?"

He cleared his throat and looked away. "Well, I think I said too much. Anyway, be sure to--"

I slapped my hands on his head and forced him to face me. "What makes you think I will let you go?" I interrogated with a glare.

Richard shoved me away suddenly. His emitions are scattered and inconsistent for some reason. Panic. Quite noticeable from one CAST to another.

"I'll leave you two alone... I... I'll go."

I paced after him out the door. I did not receive my answer yet. Suddenly, he stepped into another room before the barrier. I followed him in. I closed the door behind me, finding the room empty when excluding us two.

"You have no idea how much trouble I'm getting over this case," he said. "I'm honestly not good with this kind of pressure, y'know?"

"What is happening?" I demanded.

"I... I couldn't say it--that his host family was murdered. I mean..." He abruptly turned to me. "I know too much about this boy."

I folded my arms. "Oh?"

He shook his head and looked away. "I've been on the boy's case for quite some time, and you should've seen him when he discovered his biological parents were deceased. It was just..." He pressed a hand to his forehead. I noticed he does that when he is trying to reorganize his thoughts. No matter. I need to know the facts. "He's a sweet boy, really."

"How come you do not take him instead?"

"I can't do that. That's considered fraternizing with my client, and it'll give me a bad rating as an advocate. I have to know my limits and be impartial to all of my clients."

"Sometimes, doing your job breaks you away from doing what is--" I noticed him tightly gripping face with his fingers coming close his antenna. "Richard. Stop what you are doing."

Suddenly, he froze. His head rose to look at me, only to realize what he was doing. "O-oh. Right. That would have been bad."

His head model is a standard issue for signifying a legitimized advocate. That thin antenna is easy to break for the sole purpose of defense. Once it is broken, it releases a distress signal for the nearest police station to react accordingly.

A moment of silence came between us, but it seemed we were coming to a mutual understanding of each other. We both want to take care of Brom. However, he cannot do that due to his job and civilian classification whereas I can. I am classified to be a caregiver; a butler. I...

"By the way," Richard said, "nice braid. Looks good on you."

I hate this Humanoid.

--END RECORDING--
    Last edited by ARChan; Sep 1, 2013 at 04:31 AM.