sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    iv e got a similar question.
    how are PSP2/I players liking pso2?
    Let's just say that in comparision, PSO2 puts good use of the blocking and dodge mechanics, along with the multiple techs on a rod/talis.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    how are PSP2/I players liking pso2?
    Using the Japanese versions, the incomplete-game-at-the-begining-of-it's-lifecycle vs. complete-game-at-the-end-of-it's-series-lifecycle arguement stands here so there's not much to talk about content-wise. Combat-wise, PSO2 is great. Not being able to block as a force or ranger is disappointing but the speed at which the game works is nice. The monitization of items, customization, costumes, and other things which could be bought with meseta or found in 2/i is a major turn-off though.

You won't need 2k for a system to run PSO2 lol. A $500 dollar rig would max it out pretty easy, but I'd suggest somewhere around $700-$800 dollars for a right proper gaming rig.

If you're a fan of actiony combat, PSO2 will blow you away. The fighter class, using twin daggers, the game becomes akin to Devil May Cry or the like. More simple, obviously, but juggling enemies with the right combo chain is always fun as hell.

I still don't understand why people treat PSU like the bastard step-child of the Phantasy Star series?
    Because that's exactly what it is! I mean, how can you watch this:
    Spoiler!
    and say that doesn't look terrible? It's almost humorous.
    Last edited by ScottyMango; Oct 2, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

I know it will, I just want a really nice PC. Something I can have for a good 5+ years that i only have to upgrade certain things that i choose to. I barely play anything anymore on Console, so hopefully a PC will get me to enjoy games again. $2,000 is really more of the max i will spend on one. Doesn't mean I will put that much into it. Wanna build the best I can tho for that limit.

Quote Originally Posted by D3MON View Post
    Im playing this on a 660 ti. Maxing this game no problem, it isn't a graphic intensive game keep that in mind. It is optimized for nvidia so keep that in mind was well.
    It doesnt matter if people take Geforce or Radeon, as long as the GPU costs more than 180$ and not older than 3 years, its already overkill**. Radeon GPUs usualy are better priced so its usualy possible to take a GPU of a higher class than Geforce so the performance will be equal. For example its possible to get a 7950 at the almost same price such as a 660 ti, and both will perform about the same in PSO2 (in most other games the 7950 will be in the lead).

Note: I only use 2 generations, stuff older than that is kinda pointless because it will be hard to get from a shop (unless someone is using Ebay, but im not trying to hunt "bargain deals" using those examples.)

Examples of Overkill GPUs:
    Radeon: 6950*, 6970, 7870*, 7950, 7970
    Nvidia: 560ti@448 core, 570, 580, 660, 660ti, 670, 680

*Those GPUs has been tested by me. The 6950 was able to run into the 99999 limiter on the benchmark/low settings and ingame its never at full load @60 FPS and is able to reach way above 100 FPS. The 7870 is even more powerful and is basically running between 30-50% load at 1080P/max settings + constantly 60 FPS, so it can be said its already demolishing PSO2. The 7870 is almost same price such as a GTX 660, 250$ on Newegg. A 6950 can be gotten for even less, 180$ at Newegg, and its probably the cheapest "overkill GPU". Its truly hard to get even more power for the bucks, so in most cases Radeon is a very valid option, even for Geforce optimized games.

"Perfect" GPUs:
    AMD: 6870, 7850***
    Nvidia: 560 (all versions)

"Good" GPUs:
    AMD: 6850, 7770
    Nvidia: 550ti, GT 640 (GK107), GTX 650

**Overkill is the conditon where a GPU can go up to over 100 FPS, and when it will never drop below 60 FPS in 99% of the cases at 1080P + max settings.
    *** The 7850 may have very high OC potential and could be raised into the level of "overkill".

"Perfect" is the condition when the GPU can keep 60 FPS at 1080P + max settings without a single breakdown in 90% of the cases.

"Good"
    is the condition when the GPU is running between 40-60 FPS most of the time. Its not perfect but its very smooth.

"Sufficient" is when a GPU is running at more than 30 FPS in average. Lower than 30 average FPS is usualy considered "insufficient". Most console games such as Xbox360 are usualy running at the "sufficient" condition because the hardware is simply to weak for most of the games. In term of PSO2 absolutly any desktop GPU of the 2 newest generations is sufficient to play PSO2.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 2, 2012 at 01:53 PM.

i played PSU Demo on the 360 periodically before playing the full game, I'd PSO2 has it beat by miles content wise this far into the game+^_^+ graphics, combat are great, only gripe is main space port lobby has terrible lighting, needs to be moved to shop area with day/night cycle+^_^+
    ^ as for above post on GPUs, i plan on getting the cheapest overkill Nvidia GPU so i can has that there ambient occlusion+^_^+ also wanted to say only game i heard of n 360 running at 30 FPS is Gears of War 3, everything else such as Halo Reach, PSU, and all my CoDs run at 60 FPS+^_^+

I cant judge how much of eye candy ambient occlusion is able to deliver in term of PSO2, (will do research). In term of Skyrim there has been so many Radeon graphic mods that the Radeon graphics is totaly comparable (there is even some forced ambient occlusion). In term of PSO2 i cant judge at that moment but there is much better technologys out who isnt used by PSO2.

So im not sure about its benefit in this case but i hope i will find out.

EDIT:
    Well, so far i was not able to see a good sample of PSO2 at ambient occlusion. Im not even sure what it means in 3D graphic terms (not to be mistaken with 2D ambient occlusion). So far what i can tell is that the 3D ambient occlusion is some sort of "cheap" shader rendering which is not active, its a passive condition. The advantage of ambient occlusion shader is that it will use much lesser hardware power. However, its in no way comparable to active shader rendering (such as HDR lightning). So, ambient conclusion is a inferior technology for weak systems and i could safely pass on that. However, its still better than nothing in some peoples eyes. The active shader rendering is dynamic and is not passive, so the direction of a object would create some sort of impact, such as "mirror effects".

As far as i know all Radeon cards 5000 and higher series, got native ambient occlusion support (its part of the DX11 technology) but prehaps the programers are lazy and are only supporting Nvidia, i totaly dunno... i lack infos. Although, PSO2 is not using any of the DX11 features, so the ambient occlusion seems to be a forced condition running on DX 9.0c

On Nvidia cards there is eventually the option to use forced SSAO (sceen space ambient occlusion), that could probably be forced. As far as the PSO2 settings is concerned, SSAO is part of the settings, so it seems to be implemented ingame (in that term even Radeon is able to make use of it). But i totaly dunno its potential.

As i told, the true graphic-power technologys are unfortunately not used in PSO2 such as HDR lightning and tesselation. Those stuff would surely create a huge impact, making the whole graphics more lively and closer to reality.

I will be investigating the whole matter.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Oct 2, 2012 at 02:54 PM.