Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default gemaga tips needed!

Hi! I'm a level 70 beast vanguard, and I'm finding the rate of levelling tremendously slower than it was 10 levels ago (for obvious reasons), so I was looking towards gemaga and magashi. I discovered that although I have hundreds of Heart Key and blood moons, I have less than 100 iristias and less than 30 phantomites -_- hence my stock will not last not and would need considerable farming to raise (on attempts to farm phantomite I managed to earn 2 stones per mission =[ ).

So...... I tried gemaga and at furthest I can get two the big robot in 2nd mission, I get destroyed so hard everytime!!! I would greatly appreciate any hints for this xP... Thanks!

What's your gear looking like? And be sure to stock up on traps. Freeze traps are awesome for the doorways with 5+ mobs in them. And of course, equip burst bomber.

↑↑ PSO-World Chat // PSO-World Ventrilo ↓↓

Well, I have equipped 4 A grades: Halva tubola, twin brand replica, del jagnus, and assassin cross, then a wand and mag with shifta deband zalure and resta. My armour is a Hard Weave with, solid legs, giga power, hit and legs. And I do have traps except I find that if I ever use them, I need to spam them. I figured that my main problem is that each of the enemies can potentially two-hit me, and multiple opponents are always up in my face =(

Use a lot of traps. but save about 4 for the final boss. Just keep moving. My strategy is I use a grenade launcher for clearing out mobs. keeping them juggled with charge shots. But since your a beast you wont have as much PP to throw around so be ready to equip melee to get your PP back. Make sure you equip some good dark armor. Simply play keep away with them.
    Proud owner of the PSP2 free vent server

Check out the IRC group, for those who prefer to type.

Thanks =), maybe I'll try grenade launchering lol, keep away is hard as I only used melee, I find it a lost cause trying to hit-stun anything in gemaga. I guess I just need to try to more to get better =<

watch some gemaga runs on youtube, it helped me a lot to see peoples trap straegies

Grenades aren't going to do much good as a Beast Vanny. Traps are your friend but keep space for healing items. Refresh your buffs whenever nothing is trying to kill you, and stick with the right kind of armor as much as possible (GRM has the second highest EVP by rank , and the highest mental def by rank by a long way). Ditch visual units for /legs or /hit units, you need to make sure you're dishing out hits and not getting hit yourself. The accuracy is key against buffed enemies.

Stick with weapons you're most comfortable with. I find Blade Destruction to be an excellent all-purpose wonder PA for any possible situation, especially if you have a twin saber with extra targets (Password item Kansho-Bakuya is nice for this, low acc to start with but can have stun lv2 when extended). Elemental Hit (Ranger lv 8 skill) is great to have here, increases the chance of status effects landing. 8 levels of a class is quite an investment though.

All obviously personal preference, I guess. If your style isn't working anymore, perhaps it's just your gear that's becoming outdated. Couldn't reliably comment on that though!

I just copy Lolitron. Big thanks to him/her.

Ok that was pretty awesome, thanks for the advice guys =)

Default gemaga

so i just did the whole dlc thing and tried gemaga and got my ass handed to me so after a while of searching i saw the videos were people abuse traps and i was wondering how viable that is as a beat hunter?

if its not at all viable (wich im suspecting is the case) can someone gimme a few tips on handling the mission without traps

thanks in advance