Gaurd Dog Of the East NicorTheDuke's Avatar

Default PSO2 on the Vita /Wishful thinking

Sorry for wasting board space yet again, but since pso2 is gonna be on the Vita and Tablet (like that's gonna work) wouldn't fall under the umbrella as a phantasy star game that is well portable.

Do you think it kinda a good idea for Sega to do a Phantasy Star HD collection bundling a simple English patch for infinity,and give us that along with psp2, Pso1,Psu episodes 1-3(correct me if I'm wrong) ,and release it exclusively on the PS3 (PS3 isn't exactly hacking friendly) to solve the piracy issue. That was thoughts on it.Im ready to be trolled or criticized on my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by NicorTheDuke View Post
    Do you think it kinda a good idea for Sega to do a Phantasy Star HD collection bundling a simple English patch for infinity,and give us that along with psp2, Pso1,Psu episodes 1-3(correct me if I'm wrong) ,and release it exclusively on the PS3 (PS3 isn't exactly hacking friendly) to solve the piracy issue. That was thoughts on it.Im ready to be trolled or criticized on my opinion on the matter.
    Well, I tend to find it hard to believe that PSO2 won't be consoles at all, and that if anything - Sega is just waiting for the next generation of consoles to hit so that they'll be in a better position to negotiate online structure while both competitors are coming into the fray fresh and hungry. The current console market landscape is pretty much already settled, and they have no leverage against the manufacturers. Though this might end up causing PSO2 to suffer a bit of the old PSU syndrome; since both the PS3 and 360 are more than capable of running the game flawlessly, putting it on a next-gen system might cause it to be seen as dated graphically and in it's interface. Especially if more MMOs are released next gen.

As for a HD remake, well, it wouldn't make much sense to put PSU back out there now that it's already down (maybe as part of an offline compilation collection featuring the online only story missions). However, given that they pretty much already have all the resources necessary to create the game in HD, it would be interesting to see them create a PSN/XBLA port of a localized PSP2i as a stop-gap for the console releases of PSO2.

As for what console... well, the PS3 is hardly hack-proof, and I don't see how you could think that unless you've just totally missed out on the last few years of the PS3's life. The Xbox 360 has actually been much more difficult for hackers to mess with. Not to mention that the Xbox 360 is much easier to program for ~AND~ already has a fully ported version of the base PSU game from which to work from. The PS3 never got a version of PSU ported to it, and so they'd pretty much have to start from scratch. On the flip side, PSU was never that popular on the 360 or in the west in general - and most of it's playerbase is in Japan where the PS3 is king.

It would make sense to release a HD remake of PSP2i on both systems, to capitalized on the JP marketbase (that hasn't already switched over to PSO2, or only has a PS3) and to rake in whatever sales it could garner in the west with a cheap and quick port.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Oct 4, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Hiding in Janthir Isle. Nilkemios's Avatar

Wasn't there a Phantasy Star Victory or something planned for the Vita? Or did that just turn out to be PSO2 Vita version?

Quote Originally Posted by Nilkemios View Post
    Wasn't there a Phantasy Star Victory or something planned for the Vita? Or did that just turn out to be PSO2 Vita version?
    PSO 2 Vita version.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

We don't actually know if the so called Victory is the Vita version of PSO2 or something else. Shogai has reported that one of the possible titles for Phantasy Star Zero but I haven't seen any information that says Victory was the precursor to the Vita PSO2 or if it actually existed in anything outside of a tweet by one of the PSZ programmers.

I wouldn't even bother with hopeful thinking for any English version of Infinity either at this point.

I pretty much gave up on the Phantasy Star Series in the US, Sega has never been kind to the US support of the series after PSO, hell even during PSO's run Sega has been bigger on the JP user base, I'm just binding my time til another game similar to the Phantasy Star series comes around where the company that runs it will give players in the US more support, just look at how fast they fix things in DC Uinverse online.
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676