Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Layan-born Newman KusaTheFonewearl's Avatar

Thumbs up Power to the Players! : INTERNATIONAL PSO2 SERVERS!!!

(lol copypasted from my last topic but hey, same effect.)
    Here is what I'm thinking... There's that English patch out right? I assume that patch is only going to get better and more precise... eventually to the point where it will be just like an English version of the game.

uh... I'll just get to the point: I think everyone who is on the JP server should stay... because like... we've busted our asses on our accounts right? So hey, what I'm thinking is we wait it out on the JP server and stuff... ~uff da~

Yeah! See, if English players continue to play on the JP server, then more English patches will be made, and if more English patches are made, it will only make the game more accessible to Eng players. Plus, lets face it... Segac isn't going to be able to support the game very well in the west and we'd all have a better run if we stuck with what we're doing now.

I say we forego the western servers completely, because see, idk if this will work BUT if (yes I said if) the English version of the game comes out, we could use the English files from that to better our patch for the JP game potentially...

In short: If enough of us "outsiders" play the JP version and no one shows interest in or plays the Eng version... Sega will have to start looking at the big picture, eventually. If they want to make money off this deal then they would have to release an official Eng patch for the game and just make one big international PSO2 server.

Tell your friends, tell your team, tell your family!

The time is now! We, the players have the power to make PSO2 INTERNATIONAL!!

TELL EVERYBODY YOU KNOW!! Fill in other communities in as well! Together I think we may very well be able to stop another tragedy from happening and make Phantasy Star Online an international experience again without any grief or heartbreak!

Seriously here! Rally players! Rally! Make or break time people! Get the word out! Please! This is such a better solution than a westernized release!

I know what Sega could be thinking here... "how can we make money off of this?"
    Well, the answer ... may... be simple... Allow international payments of all types to the server! Bam! Sega would have a roaring international boon once again!

Please fellow players! Spread the word! this very well may be the only chance we get to change the future of PSO2!!

You're kinda late to this. And by "kinda," I mean 4 months.

Jesus christ, are you twelve? The way you write is so irritating, I can't believe I read that wall of text. This discussion has been had many times and you surely aren't the first to suggest such a thing after so many months. Sakai already said there are legal issues preventing a true international game, related to the gacha and such, regardless if it's an excuse or not, they(SoJ) have no plans to make the game international, also the currency conversion is horrible in Japan's favor from USD>JPY, not only for them, but us we pay almost twice the amount for some of the AC we want.
    PSO2 Karai

International services could fix that, Kon. Segac (Sega of America) and SoE could still get in on the action by taking care of payments and etc. from their respective service areas~

I think there may even be enough of us to even stop the western development if we weighted the situation enough

(and I type in blocks like this to avoid "walls of text" and actually make tl;dr posts readable)
    Last edited by KusaTheFonewearl; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

You're beating a dead horse, it won't happen, Sega of America/Europe was recently subsidized to literally nothing, Sega wouldn't even publish Bayonetta 2, what does that tell you? They're hanging on for dear life to remain a company and don't want to take risks or do anything outside of their "plan" that's supposed to work for them. Give up on the idea it won't happen, either play the English version of the game, or learn katakana.
    PSO2 Karai

Okay? (long-shot here but) Then we could have them sit this one out and Sega of Japan could handle the international stuff. Despite what they're paying Sakai to say, it IS possible to make PSO2 international. Sega would make serious bank off it too if done right.

It wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

I do have concerns if everyone decides to just ignore the english servers. If the english servers are a ghost town that could affect the chances of future Phantasy Star games getting localized. I really don't think its in our best interest to see the english servers fail.

Going once, going twice, sOLD to the woman with a mustache!

Once again, you have no understanding of economics and the value of money, the Japanese Yen is currently in a better position than the US dollar assuming you live in the US, why would they want our worthless money? If anything sure a country with strong currency would be of great value to them, but there are many countries that just won't cut it. They recently stopped accepting foreign payments from Debit/Credit cards.
    PSO2 Karai

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I do have concerns if everyone decides to just ignore the english servers. If the english servers are a ghost town that could affect the chances of future Phantasy Star games getting localized. I really don't think its in our best interest to see the english servers fail.
    While this is true, there's very little need to worry, most of the English players from NA and EU were probably playing PSU on 360, the fan base is there, not everyone comes on PSOw, /vg/ or numerous other outlets for this niche series, the only thing we should be worried about is if these 360 fanboys will be willing to shell out $500 to build a capable PC to play this game.
    PSO2 Karai