Default So, I haven't really played in a while. I need to know what to do with my skill trees

This is my current skill tree: http://tinyurl.com/at75l9s
    (Yes I am aware that I totally messed up Hunter)
    My main classes are Fighter and Hunter with a Force sub. Fighter is currently 46, Hunter, Force, Ranger and Gunner are 40 and Techer is 30. I could really use some advice on where to put my points, especially since the new skills were released and I can't find info anywhere on exactly how much % some of these skills increase.

I was thinking going with these skill trees: http://tinyurl.com/ammohht
    Though I'm only really concerned with Fighter, Hunter and Force, I'd like your opinions on all of them, if you don't mind.

I have a few specific questions.
    1. By putting those additional 5 points into Brave Stance and Wise Stance, how much of a boost do I get in power? How much do I lose when attacking the wrong side?

2. How much does Fury S Up 1 increase my power?

3. Since I only use Force for buffing and healing and not for direct damage, would putting those 10 points into PP Up 1 be okay?

Also, unrelated to the actual skill trees.... can anyone give me some tips on what Photon Arts I should be using?
    Currently, I use:
    Sword - Sonic Arrow x 3
    Wired Lance - Heavenly Fall > Holding Current > Other Spin
    Partisan - Bandersnatch > Speed Rain > Trick Rave
    Double Saber - Deadly Archer x 3
    Twin Dagger - Raging Waltz x 3
    Twin Dagger - Oorchestra > Oorchestra > Scar Fugue
    Knuckle - Pendulum Roll x 3

Btw, the only new PAs that I have are Oorchestra and Cerberus Dance (though I haven't used the latter yet). Which ones are worth getting?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

1) Those last points in the stances increase and decrease your damage by 5%. Most people agree it's not worth the points until you have nothing else to buy.

2) I think fury stance up was 5atk per skill point, to a cap of 50 each. Worth it if you get all the good stuff from fury. But if you aren't using hunter as a sub for ranged classes, Satk+ is better.

3) Don't use force for buffing and healing. Buffing is useless, and you can heal just as well with items. 10 points in PP up is never okay. If you want to use a class only for buffing and healing, techer is slightly better. But not by enough to be worth skipping the damage increasing skills it has.

Why don't you have just reversal? That's a huge increase in performance for just one skill point. I highly recommend getting it.

Here is my suggestion for the trees, using your current points.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dsI2J24QrA0006

For hunter, JA bonus increases your damage by a flat 10%, each, for a total of 20%. Nothing else really reaches those numbers. That's all you can really buy now.

For Fighter, I really don't have anything useful to say. I hear Chase Advance increases your damage by a pretty huge amount, if you're willing to buy status inflicting weapons (poison's probably best). But all you need is stance 5 and stance up 10, along with gears. And reversal. I suggested getting the atk+ to equip weapons faster, but chase advance may do more damage if you're willing to get the weapons.

Force, again, is not a supportive class. Fire force is the most amazing thing you'll see once you cap all the fire specific skills. If you want support, get techer with at least lv1 territory boost. It's not much of a boost over an unskilled force, but that's basically all you get. Doing hunter/fighter is probably better overall.

You wanted my opinion on other classes, too?
    Ranger only really needs weak shot 6, and maxed weak hit advance. Nothing else is really great, so standing snipe is good if you like standing still, otherwise just do the stat up skills.
    Your gunner looks good, though Zero Range advance probably isn't worth it. You literally need to be kissing the enemy for it to trigger, and only on guns. Now that there are ranged PAs on mechs, you'll probably never see Zero Range work again. Chain trigger really only needs the first level to be good, and PP restorate is probably the best skill you can get. I guess blow the rest on Ratk. And Just Reversal.
    For force, pretty much everything in the fire tree is good. Flame Tech Charge is the best skill ever, and flame mastery increases your damage by an insane amount. Tech Charge also increases your damage by a flat percentage, making them great. Since you already wasted points on Tatk, you won't have enough points to get them all, but you should at least be doing amazing damage as force. Combining all the percentage boosts in the fire tree boosts your damage by 75%, not including the halved fire charge.
    As Techer, Territory Boost doubles your support range, and it's boosted to last a minute and a half. If that sounds good, then grab it. But support is so useless, you're probably just as good skipping it. Get PP convert, at least to 3. That paired with Force's fire tree makes for an incredible combination. Elemental weak hit only does 1% extra damage per point, so it's only good once you run out of good skills.

And~ that's pretty much everything I can comment on.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Nov 9, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Mmm, the thing about Force is that my Force is Lv 40 whereas my Techer is... not >_>
    I don't really feel confident enough in my skill to play on VH without the ability to heal. I get hit a lot >_>
    Before subclasses, I would spend a whole lot of meseta on Mates, and now that the meseta you get from selling weapons and units is much lower, I want to conserve that meseta as much as possible.

As for Just Reversal... I don't see a whole lot of point in it. Why spend a point on that when I could spend it on something that increases my power?

Also, I spent those points on Force's T-ATK because I don't have a Tech Mag (only a Striking Mag) and couldn't equip any good equipment.

Why do you say that support is useless? Why would I not want to have Shifta up as much as possible?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

You're still having trouble with money in very hard? That's strange. Do you solo often, or keep to groups? Well, if you prefer resta to wise/brave or fury stance, then go ahead. It's not worth leveling techer to help with healing, and I'm sure force's resta is fine. Just keep in mind there's no real spec for support on force. If you're gonna increase force's skills, may as well do the typical DpS build.

If you want to justify Just Reversal, think of it this way. Every time you get knocked down, you spend three seconds getting back up, where with Just Reversal, it'd only be one. That's two seconds of you not hitting the enemy. That's a bigger increase in damage than anything else you'll be getting for one point, minus important stuff like stances or gears.

I keep on forgetting that not everyone buys extra mags for their classes. If you can't get those extra 50 points on a mag, then it's probably worth getting on a skill tree considering how much you need for good equipment.

I say support is useless because of how much effort is required to keep it active. Between casting and staying in the buff ring, you waste about 4 to 6 seconds of action, and you need to recast every minute. That's at most 10% of your damage decreased by buffing, when it boosts your stats by 10%. It just isn't worth using buffs at their current strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    Before subclasses, I would spend a whole lot of meseta on Mates, and now that the meseta you get from selling weapons and units is much lower, I want to conserve that meseta as much as possible.

As for Just Reversal... I don't see a whole lot of point in it. Why spend a point on that when I could spend it on something that increases my power?

Also, I spent those points on Force's T-ATK because I don't have a Tech Mag (only a Striking Mag) and couldn't equip any good equipment.

Why do you say that support is useless? Why would I not want to have Shifta up as much as possible?
    consumables are cheaper now

JR is crucial to melee classes as you will be the one getting knocked down the most. Without it, you are kept out of the fight for too long considering you already spend so much time approaching the enemy. The other classes can get away without it because they are designed to not get hit.

also support is not useless. it is an invaluable role. playing full support is 100% viable. imagine 11 people fighting and one person constantly popping resta; it makes your party invincible. this was true even before techer buffs. its even easier and more effecitve now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I say support is useless because of how much effort is required to keep it active. Between casting and staying in the buff ring, you waste about 4 to 6 seconds of action, and you need to recast every minute. That's at most 10% of your damage decreased by buffing, when it boosts your stats by 10%. It just isn't worth using buffs at their current strength.
    If you are solo, you can use uncharged buffs. In party play, its +10% stats to 12 players. Now add up all those bonus stats from the 12 players. The benefit is too great to ignore.
    Last edited by Dinosaur; Nov 10, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom