Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Zondeel is like Sa・Zonde but the effects are different, check the Techer tree discussion thread, I remember someone explaining it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Awesome, finally! I've been waiting for a clear look.

Does Zondeel not do any damage, then? Is it just for grouping mobs?

Sabarta is very... Holy Lance (Tales of... series).
    Yes! Zondeel is like an area sazonde. <3

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    Sabarta is very... Holy Lance (Tales of... series).

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    Yes! Zondeel is like an area sazonde. <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdqZIHTh90s
    It's PSO1 razonde meets sazonde meets sazan, in opposite order.

well got Over End, it is as good as i expected, except that seemingly pull a Guard Cancel with it is rather hard/troublesome.

Just managed to get a level 9 Ra Grants for (relatively) cheap, but as the first enemy I encountered after that was Big Varder during his EM, I didn't really get a good chance to test it out.

Anyone else with Ra Grants can give me some pointers on the following?
    • Range. Better or worse than Foie?
    • Splash/Peripheral damage?
    • Number of Hits?

Ragrants was a real let down. It has a short range (even shorter than the animation shows), hits slightly harder than gigrants, but only 5 times, and it only hits a small line as opposed to the whole screen around you like gigrants.

*edit*
    It was fixed to do 6 hits now, but the range is still too short for the animation. The damage is about 14% higher than gigrants though, so it's more useful for taking big targets.
    Last edited by Digital Satyr; Nov 9, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
    Forever after the immortal beloved...

Ragrants does more damage than Grants or Gigrants, making it the highest damage output for light with higher positional requirements. It's also cheaper than Gigrants, costing 20 PP. You have to decide if you want to do a setup for maximum damage output, or how much mobility you have to do for it to work (and if you have to do too much, then it's not worth it). Best option vs Gahwanda (or Zan/airborne Gigrants). Very useful on Ragne if you can aim it consistently (if you're going for KILL, grants nuking the brain at long range is safe; if you're daring, position yourself and lock onto the brain and Ragrants; if not, very useful on legs as well).

As for the rest...

Safoie - Rafoie, but more damage and in front of you. Really good, just gotta obey the positional requirement. Hits 3 times, didn't use it too much yet... Rafoie builds will love it if they can deal with having to be close.

Sabarta - Good long range ice spell, also freezes the target so it doesn't miss. Area of effect is small, damage is high... it's okay. There's only one boss weak to ice and he's usually far too mobile to hit with, and he's also weak to dark where it matters (Gimegid hits harder, faster). As for random enemies, usually ice spells are weak enough to the point where you would rather just use another element... with the recent buffs to ice, as long as you mind the positional requirements, they're alright.

Zondeel - Really good. Slight time and PP requirement setup skill. If you're in the right situation, one cast followed by a variety of other skills will kill everything. Very effective support skill in parties as well. This skill is really good even if you don't "ignite it" for the damage. As an example, in floating continent doing things like Zondeel -> Megid/Gimegid/Ramegid is very powerful. Note this is affected by territory boost as well, making it even larger. On machines, combine with Razonde for destructive results.

Samegid - Powerful mid-long range accurate nuke. More damage than Megid, weaker than Gimegid. You can use it extremely close range if the target is big enough (Quartz), otherwise not really worth it. Effective for killing far away targets, especially specific ones (Windira, Quartz Dragon). Explosion radius is small, so not a good AoE. Powerful enough to warrant use outside of enemies weak to dark sometimes if you want to.

Nazan - Dumb
    Last edited by Crevox; Nov 13, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

^ Brilliant descriptions. I'd like to throw my own comments on all of them now, since I have improved gear and each new tech

What sells ragrants is more damage for just 20 PP. It's not actually that much like foie, it's more like a cone (wide end towards the caster). It hits about the same range as gigrants. Because of this gigrants will be better sometimes, but ragrants will be better for clustered targets or long duration fights, due to costing 20 PP.

I've been toying with it a lot against gwanhadas, and I like it a lot for their exposed bellies. It's a better skirmish tech, since your PP lasts that much longer. But, then, I'm a lightning/light guy, so that speaks to how much I like long term casting over switching to a gunslash.

Sa megid is a fantastic dark tech for everyone, even forces that don't normally use dark. Great activation cost, great damage, but as mentioned best used at mid range. With 3 hits it's good for applying poison too. Even with zero points in dark mastery I find it to be my go-to tech when fighting quarz now.

Sabarta...I'm mixed. It's grants, but ice-based. It was a MUCH needed type of ice tech, that hit a target directly, but I feel with light mastery it's redundant and inferior to grants. YMMV, probably fantastic on caves boss weak points. Looks pretty cool, if a bit unpolished due to my shader setup I guess.

Zondeel: Get this. Get. This. Use it. Bolt save 10, bolt save 0, techer, force, just get it. It has an enormous AOE and allows me to draw enemies wherever and however I want, and it's amazing whether I zap it or not. With this I can draw and catch bosses in code capture rings. Just the other day with the help of a talis I grabbed two lunge-happy wolgardas for them to be captured at the same time. There are very few moves I will say every single player should have ready to use regardless of their skilltrees and playstyle preferences, and this is one of them.

Safoie: Short range zan. Hits 3 times, sets things on fire, casts in half time. Fantastic damage to boot. I highly recommend getting it if it's cheap, or using it if you find it but can't sell it due to level/lack of shop. If it still goes for a boatload of money you might want to sell it and wait until the prices crash, of course, that's something I do even for moves I want sometimes.

Sabarta...I'm mixed. It's grants, but ice-based. It was a MUCH needed type of ice tech, that hit a target directly, but I feel with light mastery it's redundant and inferior to grants. YMMV, probably fantastic on caves boss weak points. Looks pretty cool, if a bit unpolished due to my shader setup I guess.
    It's like grants, but the problem is it doesn't track. On random enemies this is fine because for the duration of the ice fall they can't move, but on a boss it will easily whiff if they move. For Vol Dragons darkness is better (he's weak to dark), and for Cater'drans... meh. I prefer Ramegid due to the poison usually.

A lot of what the spells are in this game is finding the right spell for each enemy. Each enemy in this game has its own weaknesses, attack patterns, movement, etc. Usually you'll want a specific spell for every enemy you fight, and you'll want to remember and know what spell(s) that is (I'm not saying this to you per say, just stating in general).

...or you can just go faceroll derpy Rafoie spam build. That works too.