Default Anybody else playing XCOM?

Loved the original, love the remake even more. Is anyone else playing? I just have a downloaded copy at the moment but I'm itching to play the multiplayer so I was wondering if anyone here is playing it, and if so, XBOX or PC? (Controls aren't an issue for me, I honestly prefer controlling the entire thing with my keyboard anyway so a controller wouldn't bother me)
    Last edited by Sephirah; Oct 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM.
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

No, but I've been looking forward to it since E3, until I forgot about it a few weeks later, if that counts. Loved X-COM, and will probably love XCOM, too, if I ever get around to buying it.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I picked up both X-COM and Dishonored this week and chose to play Dishonored first. I'm at the tail end of Dishonored so I'm finally getting into X-COM. It's fantastic so far. I'm playing on PC. I really prefer having a mouse for isometric games.

Can I just say how much I love the (assumed) story behind this game's development?

1.) 2K announces XCOM, a first-person shooter loosely based on the old X-COM PC strategy RPG games.

2.) Everybody complains about how they're ruining the franchise and how the new game is just using the title to push additional sales.

3.) 2K throws a bone to the community by greenlighting XCOM:Enemy Unknown as sort of a secondary release to their brand relaunch.

4.) The XCOM FPS is now MIA, possibly cancelled and possibly a third-person squad shooter depending on which rumor you choose to believe.

5.) XCOM: Enemy Unknown has been released to rave reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    No, but I've been looking forward to it since E3, until I forgot about it a few weeks later, if that counts. Loved X-COM, and will probably love XCOM, too, if I ever get around to buying it.
    If you loved the original then you'll love this one even more. It's the exact same game, but streamlined and beautiful.
    Images cannot exceed 180 pixels in height. The image in your signature was 267 pixels tall.

I already bought it, but I haven't started it yet. Wanted to get my full fill of Mechromancer in Borderlands 2, before I jump on this game. I try to deal with one "suck me in" game at a time.