Default First Time Writing In 18 Years, Please Give Pointers/Critiques

Ryo laid on his bed, staring at the ceiling of his dimly-lit room. The room itself was very spartan, a table with a single matching chair , a bed and one overhead light were all that filled the space.

As he picked at his new ARKS uniform, he muttered under his breath "Why did it have to be blue?"

At that moment, a familiar voice rang across the room, "Because you're new, kid! How else you think they're gonna know how to protect your ass, 'sides your shitty sword skills of course!?"

With an audible sigh, Ryo turned his gaze to his door, which he'd apparently left open; in it stood Vashzaron , Ryo's combat trainer.

Vashzaron was a seasoned hunter, and it showed; his green standard-issue ARKS uniform was tattered and scarred from years of combat; his appareance was in a similar state of disrepair, his long brown hair was as messy as can be and fell at his shoulders, he had a long scar down his left cheek, where a Darker had made contact years ago. At this moment, his unshaven face was contorted in some kind of a happy frown. He carried a large sword on his back, its photon blade casting a vivid red light on the darkened walls behind him.

"Jesus kid, you keep sittin' in the dark like this and folks are gonna think you'll end up killin' yourself before seein' any real action!" he exclaimed as he slammed a fist against the wall to turn on the light in the room.

"What do you want?" Ryo said, as he sat up on his bed, leaned over with his forearms against his knees.

"For someone that's goin' into action for the first time today, you sure don't seem excited." Vashzaron said as he looked at Ryo. "Y'know kid, you don't have to go through with this — bein' a hunter, I mean. Just look at you, you're stick-skinny, you're not that big compared to the other guys in this line o' work. You've got so much photon energy your eyes are practically glowin' with the stuff. Why didn't you join the forces, kid? You'd be one o' the best of 'em." Vashzaron let out a heavy sigh.

"What's your point." Ryo said as he stood up and walked to the storage terminal in his room.

Vashzaron closed one eye while following Ryo's movement with the other, "Kid, I know this may seem fun now, but it's real messed up down there on Naverius; it's more than just natives, there's some real bad guys out there and I'd ha—"

Ryo interrupted him, "The enemy isn't going to kill themselves. Why do you give a shit about how I choose to take care of it?"

The storage terminal beeped and the holographic cubes which gave a visual indicator of sorts faded out of view as though they were being sucked back into the terminal itself.

Ryo walked up to the doorway and and stopped directly in front of Vashzaron; the two stared eachother down for a moment before Vashzaron side-stepped, putting his arm out and said "After you, fine sir." in his best mocking accent.

Ryo wordlessly walked past his trainer and out the door.

Vashzaron let out a heavy sigh and shook his head saying, "At least the kid's got the right facial expression, let's just hope nobody kills him out there."
    Last edited by Ryo; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

D: Dammit Ryo what happenes next in the story!!!!!

I see Vashzaron doing some epic heroics in the future. Nice overall.

That was pretty good I want to see how Ryo preforms in battle!
    Slayer of Falz