Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

This should be in Off Topic. Even though there's already a topic in Off Topic for it. Good effort, however.

Thank you o:

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

Quote Originally Posted by Natsuma View Post
    I didn't know this forum was American.
    Anyway, be careful with that hurricane.
    Wow.

I'd say to stay classy, but the sarcasm might fly over your head.

I'd say that only on the internet can good intentions be met with that kind of response, but we all know that isn't even true.

Well, I got my wish. No work today due to inclement weather. But how selfish that might have been since a few people might not survive this. I personally thank God I'm not in New Jersey anymore.

not gonna hit me, I'm too far south. But we are certainly getting a lot of wind here...even out of the zone. my heart goes to the people who are in Virginia to New York cuz they gonna get swallowed alive.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    Guess I won't be renewing my license tomorrow. =/
    And I guess I can't pick up my Assassin's Creed Vita bundle tomorrow.
    My sig disappeared.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Just buy batteries and plug in any backup power supply systems you have. That's what I do. Where I live now we're not really hit hard, but I've lived in areas that were utterly wrecked before. I'm talking streets flooding four feet (that's when we realized why houses were built on man-made hills), screen enclosures being ripped out of the cement and thrown into neighbors' pools, metal shutters being literally shorn right off the side of a house and the storm breaking in the windows, etc.

My best advice? Stay away from trees and power lines and especially trees near power lines - the trees you guys have don't normally deal with these kinds of storms and some WILL be knocked down - and get some 3 or 5 gallon jugs of purified water like you see at walmart or costco/bj's/sam's club/etc. It's a cheap investment, most of the cash is spent on the bottle itself.

And get some stuff for s'mores and beer. Propane/coal too, then some propane/coal accessories like a barbecue maybe. And canned food. A week's worth or more.

And if you have a generator? Do not. Do not. DO. NOT. Leave that shit in your fucking house when it's running. Put it in the garage, leave the garage open a bit, and seal the door to your house if you must. DO NOT LEAVE THAT IN YOUR HOUSE. You might think every floridian knows the drill right? Hell no. Every fucking storm season some dumb fuck dies from carbon monoxide poisoning. They're usually ones that have lived here their entire lives. Idiots.

That all said most of you guys should be fine. Even the worst storms only usually kill stupid people that either refuse to evacuate an area, decide to go swimming in the torrential rain, want to see why that power line is flailing about (they actually do do that, so you should really back the fuck off), think very big very old trees make for great cover, or think snuggling up next to a generator to keep warm is an awesome idea. Most storms don't actually result in many deaths in florida because we know the drill and (usually) have infrastructure designed to withstand it - but that's the problem, new england doesn't have building codes for all that.

When it comes to freak once-in-a-century storms, especially two in as many years, it's better to overreact and prepare for the apocalypse than underreact and run out of food in just 3 days.
    In an emergency, forget the beer. Beer dehydrates you. You will also want 2-3 weeks of food just in case. It would be best to keep a year of food on hand 24/7 though(earthquakes, hurricanes, invasions, tsunamis, etc. can happen fast and not everyone will have food...). Oh yeah, and about 10-20 gallons of water.
    Last edited by Link1275; Oct 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    In an emergency, forget the beer. Beer dehydrates you. You will also want 2-3 weeks of food just in case. It would be best to keep a year of food on hand 24/7 though(earthquakes, hurricanes, invasions, tsunamis, etc. can happen fast and not everyone will have food...). Oh yeah, and about 10-20 gallons of water.
    That was a joke. This is actually starting to look even worse than I expected.

But hey you know it's just some rain and wind what can water and air do right guys? Right? Guys? Hey guys? What has water or air ever done to kill people? Guys?

Yeah batton down the hatches for this one. People are already dying from power failures. They're expecting power failures as far inland as wisconsin of all damn places, and 30 foot waves (seriously) in chicago (no, seriously, holy fuck).

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That was a joke. This is actually starting to look even worse than I expected.

But hey you know it's just some rain and wind what can water and air do right guys? Right? Guys? Hey guys? What has water or air ever done to kill people? Guys?

Yeah batton down the hatches for this one. People are already dying from power failures. They're expecting power failures as far inland as wisconsin of all damn places, and 30 foot waves (seriously) in chicago (no, seriously, holy fuck).
    Great Lakes up there, remember?
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.