View Poll Results: Playing English version?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I'll try

125 45.62%
  • Naw, JP only

76 27.74%
  • Playing both versions

73 26.64%
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

I am holding off on jp version to play english, I will try, but I have little faith in sega at this point. If they inevitably fail (which I sadly expect) I will go to jp version, but until then I will try show my support.

You never know, maybe someone has an epiphany over there.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    I am. The game was free for me, anyway, so at this point, there is no risk or loss.

Especially since I can keep both accounts, I always have something to play.

As of right now, I haven't invested too much to my Japanese account character, and even if I played him a long while, it's not like I would've spent much money at all, on him.

The main reason I haven't been playing PSO2 too much is that I don't want to burn myself off of it before the english one arrives. If the Japanese version ends up having all the extra content, then I can always go back easily, and thanks to the English version, by then I'd have everything the NPCs say, for most of the experience, memorized. It would just be all clicking in menus.

Thing is, the move to free to play has actually increased my willingness to also play the English version instead of the opposite. It's all about monetary investment, or the lack thereof. Time in character investment, I don't give a hoots about. I've played enough online games, where all data in on the server, and the game ceases to be. So it always ends up being that you spend hundreds or thousands of hours on characters for which eventually you'll have nothing to show for it. It's all about the journey and accomplishments, not so much the data retention of your character, for me.

I would imagine this mentality will arrive for other game players with a similar amount of online experience. Game after game.
    This guy says everything for me.
    Sure, I've spent a ton of effort on my JP character but I'm completely fine with starting over, at least now I know what not to screw up on (e.g. mags).

And I didn't spend a single penny on it anyway, so, like he said, no loss.

I wouldnt mind starting over because now i know how to spend which skill points on and such same goes for the mag so yeah havent spend a single $ on the JP Servers
    PSO2 -Ship 02
    ジュード - Fighter/Hunter Dewman - 65 / 51
    Lyr - Summoner/Bouncer Newman 38/18 [PS4]

I intend to. I stopped playing JP because of how obvious is was that my inability to read anything was drastically impairing my ability to level efficiently (Repeatable client orders, combined with a limit on how many I can take). I also messed up my force build a bit (Well, I went Freeze Ignition, which would be fine... if freeze didn't break to a single hit). Also, I probably messed up my mag a bit too, which doesn't help.
    Coming Soon!

I would play a english version even though i bet the english version will be cash shop heavy to get the most overpowered stuff

But it would be good cause i could read what im doing understanding some things isnt hard some things very hard to understand... Like for instance i didnt know you needed a freakin cash for the game to get a room/house

I will be playing on the NA version when it releases. Just curious if there's going to be a physical version, steam dl or direct dl. Only thing I worry about is content being left out/delayed. Other than that I see myself having a great experience still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Phelps View Post
    I will be playing on the NA version when it releases. Just curious if there's going to be a physical version, steam dl or direct dl. Only thing I worry about is content being left out/delayed. Other than that I see myself having a great experience still.
    Expect it to be direct download or maybe steam, I wouldn't count in a physical version.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Ok...I haven't read this whole thread, so I may be saying BS right now but...

Everyone that is saying they stopped/won't play the JP version of the game because "I can't understand japanese" realizes that we have an english patch right now that makes the game very much playable for someone who doesn't know anything about japanese...right? (except the story)

besides that...

I'll probably check out how the NA server is, but stick with the JP one...mainly because starting all over again would be too much of a pain x_x. Starting a whole new MMO is always fun because everything is new and you slowly learn things...but re-doing everything I have already done is really a drag for me.

Of course that...if the NA server was generally better (less latency, full-english, comunity, friends etc etc) I'd probably end up going through the trouble of re-doing everything...if I had friends to do so with me.

But then again...from our previous experience with the NA PSO games servers... |: it's likely that the JP will be a much better quality server overall. The NA server full english-speaking community, full-english game, and possibly/maybe less latency do sound nice to me, but...

having to start over again, likely lack of content/managing quality on the NA servers and the lack of friends there do weight a lot more to make me probably stick to the JP servers.

In the end I can't say I'll stay on JP servers 100% sure...but I'd say it's 80% likely I stay there. It depends on things I'm not sure of yet...like: how good (or bad) the NA servers will be, how many friends will stick with me on the JP server, if they will ever add a feature to transfer accounts from one server to another (through AC ofc) or not...etc.

bottom line, it would take A LOT to make me prefer the transfer to the NA servers.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    Expect it to be direct download or maybe steam, I wouldn't count in a physical version.
    Yeah I figure as much. I don't mind steam but I'd rather have direct download then.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

If anything, I really hope it's not steam, or steam only.
    That would settle my deal in ever touching it if that's the case.