Default Back after months - Now weird PSO2 to PC problem

Okay, I left before that Vader map update and came back (still lvl 20... shameful) and now I'm getting this new error after the update which keeps me from playing any further.

The game seems to run fine at first. Love the lobby update, and other new content. However, when I started a mission, I noticed that after about 15 minutes, the game starts to slow down in frame rate. The music too, starts slowing down into something close to static. The frame rate soon becomes at an unplayable slow rate.

Still, my desire to play kept me playing even though I shouldn't be able to. Then, a while longer, my computer shut down, and couldn't turn it on until about 2-3 minutes. It seams my computer overheated due to PSO2.

Now I have a good PC - runs PS3 quality games no problem. And I can even play League of Legends for 4-8 hours straight with no problems, so I assume I can narrow the problem to just PSO2.

But whatever the case, if any of you guys can possibly properly diagnose the problem and offer a solution. I'll greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks
    PSO2 JP
    Sega ID: Elternteil
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immovable One View Post
    Okay, I left before that Vader map update and came back (still lvl 20... shameful) and now I'm getting this new error after the update which keeps me from playing any further.

The game seems to run fine at first. Love the lobby update, and other new content. However, when I started a mission, I noticed that after about 15 minutes, the game starts to slow down in frame rate. The music too, starts slowing down into something close to static. The frame rate soon becomes at an unplayable slow rate.

Still, my desire to play kept me playing even though I shouldn't be able to. Then, a while longer, my computer shut down, and couldn't turn it on until about 2-3 minutes. It seams my computer overheated due to PSO2.

Now I have a good PC - runs PS3 quality games no problem. And I can even play League of Legends for 4-8 hours straight with no problems, so I assume I can narrow the problem to just PSO2.

But whatever the case, if any of you guys can possibly properly diagnose the problem and offer a solution. I'll greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks
    Gameguard is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    Gameguard is your problem.
    Seriously?
    PSO2 JP
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Immovable One View Post
    Seriously?
    Yep, it must be for some reason killing your windows OS and that's why it begins to spike like that.
    For me it was massive spikes until a deep freeze because I had Avast! Antivirus.

Seems like something overheated in your laptop/desktop and might be full of dust/debris, are you sure its properly cleaned and such on the heatsinks and cooling fans and have fresh thermal paste/pads, i don't think gameguard makes your computer overheat like that but the game itself does put a load of work on the gpu/cpu which makes them get hot overtime since usually older PCs back then usually downclock hardware when its starting to overheat for a failsafe option in case it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Seems like something overheated in your laptop/desktop and might be full of dust/debris, are you sure its properly cleaned and such on the heatsinks and cooling fans and have fresh thermal paste/pads, i don't think gameguard makes your computer overheat like that but the game itself does put a load of work on the gpu/cpu which makes them get hot overtime since usually older PCs back then usually downclock hardware when its starting to overheat for a failsafe option in case it does.
    I'm not really sure. Like I said, other games, current gen games, run just fine, and my laptop is clean as a whistle. Is why I assumed it must be just PSO2 that's causing the problem. I swear this never happened before when I left on the Vader update.
    PSO2 JP
    アリサ・ランディール
    (Alis Landale)
    Female HUmar
    Ship 2