Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default So... why is Force's damage so mediocre?

Title.
    Really, I'm dealing 4k + with my Ranger since level 9 and my Hunter used to deal 2k+ easily with one PA
    But... I barely got to 1k damage at level 20 with a charged just time Rafoie to Dagans weakspot...

In terms of damage in Multiparties:
    Ranger>>>Force>Hunter

Just be glad you are not a hunter.

Okay, first of all I call bullshit on the 4k+ at level 9 with a RA. Unless you have Shoot IV/Ran'sa soul units and a pure R-ATK mag at 150 then you're not getting close to 4k without weakbullet and if you ARE getting 4k damage with weakbullet at level 9 that is nothing to be amazed by because my FO was getting 10k at level 15 with weakbullet applied. FO imo is the best class in the game at level 40-50, I get retarded damage and I'm not even min-maxing, I have shit units at that.

Comparing FO to RA is also pretty asinine since they play totally different. With RA, you're getting loads of damage in the span of a second due to multiple hits with your weapon, with FO you focus on charging and releasing a huge load of damage at once which can be easily beaten by a GU who's guns hits 30 times in 5 seconds and gets 700 dmg per shot. I don't really know what you're expecting from FO but the damage the class outputs is far from mediocre if you're doing it right. My team mate has 50/48 FO/TE and does 14k on Vol casually so I refuse to agree with you and I'm a HU main myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    In terms of damage against bosses:
    Ranger>>>Force>Hunter

Just be glad you are not a hunter.
    FTFY

Really, Zondeel is retarded in MPs.
    Last edited by dioje; Nov 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM.

Yeah, no, I don't know how you're doing 4k+ damage with a level 9 ranger without weak bullet, and if it is with weak bullet it's definitely nothing amazing, at that.

I saw someone today just casually throwing out 3.5k+ damage Zondes in a mines multiparty. Everything was dying pretty much instantly. No other class can clear crowds like that. Rangers with launchers can try, but their raw DPS simply isn't as high as a strong Force/Techer, especially since their pp management isn't even close. A Force/Techer with charge PP revival and PP restorate can cast basically non-stop.

Rangers might be king on bosses, but that's about it. Forces are better everywhere else, and even then, if a ranger is in the party to apply weak bullet, Forces with ramegid will kill that boss faster than anyone else.

Hunters and fighters are, sadly, a bit in need of help.

^ don't come crying if SEGAC nerfs FO and buffs RA/HU +^_^+

HU/FO all day erry day. A class that knows true suffering

No, really, at level 27 my Force's damage wasn't going over 700s max for a just time charged Zan. I can't see or understand how you guys are dealing such high damage.

I have about 1550 R-attack RA without buffs at lv 46 RA and I'm doing 4k with sneak shot with JA on enemy head shot. I guess OP somehow has 1550 R-attack at lv 9. With at least damage multiplier of 125% * 125% (Weak hit advance 1 and 2) and 10% + 10% (from Hu JA bonus).

Lets not forget about play strategy as well,.. since this game works like a hack and slash choosing what mob to go for and when all comes into play. As a FO when enemies spawn I try to make sure I'm in the back so I can deal out the most amount of damage to far away mobs. Then, (being the white mage I am) I constantly check out my parties HP bars to see who needs resta. Using your buffs religiously helps drive up the damage as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokami View Post
    No, really, at level 27 my Force's damage wasn't going over 700s max for a just time charged Zan. I can't see or understand how you guys are dealing such high damage.
    That's Zan. It hits three times. 700x3 = 2100 damage, which is not mediocre by any stretch of the imagination.

I still don't know how your ranger is hitting for 4k at level 9, but your hunter's AoE isn't anywhere near that high AND the PP costs and recovery are both slower than a Force's...