Default Very Hard mode banther problems....

As the title suggests im having some issues with VH Banther. Have serious issues defeating him solo as a Gu. And as you know...these guys are boss killers....

It used to be hard defeating him when i was lvl 40 and fighitng the "hard" version. But then I got used to his pattern, and he seemed pretty easy to beat. I could beat him 90% of the time with little sweat. Lvl 45 now, and have zero problems with quartz, varda, dragon, etc on Very Hard.

However, the VH version of the Banther (A.K.A Father Cat) seems broken if you solo him. Anybody else having problems? Can he really only be beaten repeatedly with a party?

He just seem so F***KING FAST MAN. You guys know Gu has inv frames all in the dodges. Diving roll has a 50/50 of saving you. But these tools seem... ineffective against this boss. Every time i consistantly dodge his attacks, he keeps creeping closeer...and moving faster. It closes in on you so quickly. He moves so DAMN fast that, I can do a dodge from the first attack, then while im still in the dodge animation in the air, he seems to be able to defy momentum physics and get two even THREE hits on me and thats in the span of single dodge sometimes. If a creature were to move this fast in RL, it would tear its limbs off. Or the momentum from the strikes would send them flying. Now i know if you shoot at the claws and destory them, you see this on the ice...but man VH version is crazy. You dont get a chance to do this with the Father Cat. Sometimes when im fortunate...i can use all three of the dodges and evade his attacks. But again, he just keeps coming...and nails me at the end of dodging. I normally just get behind him and work on the hind feet. And then move on to the front claws...etc etc. But he magically turns around so fast, he should be spinning. He doesnt even try to kick me anymore...... I dont care how well his claws are suppose to "Kleet" to the ice... thats just impossible, especially considering its mass. I cant run....GOD NO...if I try to run, he will just pounce me on the back.

I always was able to adapt and dodge and wait for him to get tired and do his Ice breath or Roar animations. But this boss just seems broken if you solo him man....I have sat here and watched him do 4 flurrys back to back. Flurries meaning never ending claw swipes that seem to pierce my inv frames. Its like the swiping attack "lingers" a few frames after he swings. Its very unrealistic and cheap. If its gonna be a fast swing..i can dig it sega. But whats he hitting me with now? CHI ENERGY OR SOME MYSTIC FORCE? Come on..its just a normal claw swipe.... Maybe its lag..i dunno.

Anyways....i have yet to defeat him on my own as a lvl 45 Gunner/Ranger. I drop the banshee( A.k.A Son cat) like a little P***Y. No problems with him. I even kill him so quickly that Father Cat cant surprise hit me anymore.

ANYBODY ELSE HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THIS BOSS VIA SOLO? IM I JUST GETTIN RUSTY OR SOMETHING?

I know this is borderline rant...but its not a mindless one. Anyone have any tips?

EDIT: Im gonna try again tommorrow, after a fresh cup of Tea. To frustrated to try anymore tonight.....grrr. Honestly though...I probaby will have a few friends to help me. Im sure there having problems with him too on VH..... I thought sega was suppose to be "balancing" out this boss....guess i heard wrong.

EDIT #2: Decided to give Youtube a try.... See if i can learn something....I have yet to find someone beat him SOLO on VH...... ;_;
    Last edited by ZcRaider; Nov 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

WOW i guess this saying really does have validity:

"If there is a will, there is a way"

I just defeated that boss with no problems just now. It feel like I was fighting the "hard" version.

I think i figured it out....again haha, how to defeat this boss.

You gotta stay about 45 degrees off his Right or left paw...or behind his right or left leg. This will "prompt" him to do either his slow claw swipe or his back leg kick. Both are much easyer to dodge. Keep pelting him until the armor breaks for each region. Then finish him off.

I swear...i beat him so quick just now after all that complaining hahah. I cant tell if the A.I went easy on me or if i just has a "glow" moment....

Ehh whatever da case, i know what to do now. But, one thing remained the same. If you dont force him to do those slow close up hits...he WILL OWN YOU. I found that trying to run away from this boss on VH is worse than getting up close. In fact, i belive thats the best way to beat him. Those pounces never seem to end if you try to take him at range.

Im good now .
    Last edited by ZcRaider; Nov 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Can I get an in-game tutorial?

I'm down for the next time you run it.
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Yeah, 45 degrees or directly sideways is generally the safest location against many bosses.

The Banshee is not a 'son' cat. The name Banshee indicates that it is female as Banshees are actually wailing female ghosts/spirits.
    PSO2 - Sen, Xecty

it helps to have Burn on your wep, stuns banther if it sticks (awesome as it lays on the ground writhing in pain) and to go in the corner behind your spawn to keep it out of the trees, keeping that one tree between you and banther when needed for healing and whatnot (if you doing EQ)+^_^+

Besides the EQ, can I run into Banthers doing the Time Attacks?
    Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Quote Originally Posted by Aka View Post
    The Banshee is not a 'son' cat. The name Banshee indicates that it is female as Banshees are actually wailing female ghosts/spirits.
    Oh my God, I was just explaining this to my friend earlier xD