Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

in re: Arika & Olaf

Who here really didn't think IP banning was a possibility? Seriously. Who here signed up for this game with 100% confidence that we would never, ever, ever be banned?

Did ANYONE not see this as a potential outcome? We all knew this was completely plausible. Some people even quit preemptively because they cannot bare the thought of losing pixels. Some of us have created so many characters in so many games that we consider it par for the course of playing an online RPG.

Can anyone here say they're actually surprised by this?

That's not even to say it's certain we're being banned, but still. That doesn't mean it won't happen.

I'm not surprised, yet it would be painful for me to lose my character.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    All these people whinnying about having to start over, lol.
    This is par for the course with PSO games: remember all those times your memory card data would corrupt? Or having to restart from version to sermon (DC to GC to XBOX to PC) and those of you who moved around in PSU from PS2 to 360 and then the PSP versions?

This is nothing new. Start over, and treat your old JP stuff as the trial an error period.
    1. My memory card never corrupted. (Before you call BS, I had one of those third party cards that for some reason if it were to be near corrupting it would somehow shut itself down from the console making it safe from it)

2. DC to GC was abour 3 years or so, and much more was added. I had no problem with this. I couldn't get on the Xbox and only played the PC version a week before PSU due to me still being on dial up. I won't consider maybe 5 months to 3 years, sorry. Same for it was years since I went from PC to 360 to then JPN of PSU.

I was already planning on playing in both versions, starting from scratch is not a big deal for me, but these news, I'm starting to consider dropping the japanese version when the english version launches, independently of content delays.

If this measure turns out to be permanent, the english speaking population in the japanese version is just going to keep decreasing (especially when the english version launches). With close to no new players arriving, it won't be fun if there's no one to play with.
    Even if this measure isn't permanent, there will always be a risk that this measure may be applied again in the future, or even countries outside of japan may end up being blocked.

Until the english version launches though, I'll just enjoy my time in the japanese version. When the english version launches, I'll probably wait a few days or weeks before I make the jump though, to avoid the early days rush of players, and to see which ship will be better for me.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Can I borrow that crystal ball you're using?

I question your cynicism toward "english speakers".
    i agree here..... no one can say for sure until its released.

I will probably get flammed for this, but come on guys suck it up!

if SOJ wanted US on thier servers to stay, they would Add in english language support in the JP client!
    Now they may not mind that your on there. (for now) but it's not the end of the world to re-roll!! Hell i re-rolled my Wizard from IRO TWO TIMES from a lvl 53, back to lvl 1 then from a lvl 89 back to 1 and lvled again to 99! and lets talk rares, took me two years to get the gear i wanted! CHeck IRO's lvl exp requirements! there FAR greater than PSO2. It all comes down to if you like the game that much or not....if its not worth your time to re-roll then the game must not be that apealing to you.

oh wait, wizard re-rolled 3 times, there was a character wipe at the end of Beta
    Last edited by Sammickk; Nov 10, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    i agree here..... no one can say for sure until its released.

I will probably get flammed for this, but come on guys suck it up!

if SOJ wanted US on thier servers to stay, they would Add in english language support in the JP client!
    Yeah, no. There are games counting in the thousands whose developers won't ban foreigners but won't support their language either. I know this because money.

You want to pay us more money even if we won't cater to you? Sure ok we won't argue with that logic.

This is like saying Wal*Mart is making it illegal to buy products with english labels if you don't speak english. Just...no. They wouldn't turn away more money.

You really, really like to go on and on with nonsensical reasons why the EN version is better. It is not better. It is just a different server. You want to play on the EN version instead of the JP version? Sure, go for it. Don't try to make up cockamamie reasons why everyone else should do it too, though. Their preference does not make them wrong, same way yours doesn't make you wrong.

welp never said the english version was better, just that you'll be able to read things soo your wrong on that

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah, no. There are games counting in the thousands whose developers won't ban foreigners but won't support their language either. I know this because money.

You want to pay us more money even if we won't cater to you? Sure ok we won't argue with that logic.

This is like saying Wal*Mart is making it illegal to buy products with english labels if you don't speak english. Just...no. They wouldn't turn away more money.

You really, really like to go on and on with nonsensical reasons why the EN version is better. It is not better. It is just a different server. You want to play on the EN version instead of the JP version? Sure, go for it. Don't try to make up cockamamie reasons why everyone else should do it too, though. Their preference does not make them wrong, same way yours doesn't make you wrong.
    also what i was getting at is people hating on the re-roll, its not THAT bad and if i don't try to ease peoples hatred about the EN servers, and JP does an IP ban... well thats just more people lost....on both servers! i dont care if people Stay on JP or not just don't be so quick to wright off the NA Servers... and you are correct Preference does NOT make them wrong!
    Last edited by Mike; Nov 12, 2012 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Merge
    MY Rig: 2600K Sandy Brige, Gigabyte Ud7 Motherboard, 2 Geforce GTX580 in SLI Mode, 8 gigs Ramm

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Who here really didn't think IP banning was a possibility? Seriously. Who here signed up for this game with 100% confidence that we would never, ever, ever be banned?
    I always had that possibility in mind. I had to decide to either stop playing altogether or continue and enjoy it as long as I can. And I did the latter.
    It would still suck to lose everything, though.

And no, I never had to deal with corrupted Memory Cards, either, and no, there is no game I ever started playing again after losing so much progress, lol
    PSO2 is actually the first online RPG I really played to this extent.
    If everything's gone, well... not the end of the world, but I don't have the patience of going through everything I did again.
    I'd just play something else instead, I guess

But yeah, nothing's set in stone, yet.
    It's making me feel uneasy, but we'll see how this turns out!

VPN time!!!!!
    guess we will have to wait and see in the next coming weeks. everything is all fine and dandy for me. didnt have a problem downloading the update after te recent maintainence
    Last edited by gundam0079; Nov 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

http://gundamwing09.deviantart.com/ (Updated 8/7/2012 Comment if you like!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammickk View Post
    welp never said the english version was better, just that you'll be able to read things soo your wrong on that
    I'm too lazy to look for where you said the EN version would be better, so I'll just leave that. On the other hand, you and pushing the EN version are pretty much the panic-over-nothing version of Chik'Tikka and his +^_^+ faces.