Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Well, that is valid for rationalizing why it might not happen - but it happening is still entirely possible. So possible that any time I sign into the game I don't even fully expect to be able to connect. It's just the nature of playing on a foreign server. We knew what we were getting into as soon as we put in our character ID.
    I agree. I'm simply sharing the unfortunate fact of the matter. There is going to be a stream of bitter JP rollers if this come's to fruition. They're going to feel blindsided like the Romney campaign on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatsuki View Post
    You have said that three times now.
    Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating myself. This is going to be a multi-page discussion because of people's fears and hate are going to fill this topic up and a lot of posts are simply going to be speculations on why Sega JP hating outsiders so much.

This is simply business. It's not meant to offend anyone but some people are easily sensitive. It's not like they simply have a grudge against you, a single person, because they hate you or anything. It's only because the US version is coming and testing/implementing blocks to service their regions.

This might be just a test in the end and they won't block people. Sega will release a statement about it eventually.
    Last edited by metatime; Nov 10, 2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierhiet View Post
    I agree. I'm simply sharing the unfortunate fact of the matter. There is going to be a stream of bitter JP rollers if this come's to fruition. They're going to feel blindsided like the Romney campaign on Tuesday.
    You know, I was saving this exact comparison for an especially entrenched post...

Quote Originally Posted by metatime View Post
    Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating myself. This is going to be a multi-page discussion because of people's fears and hate are going to fill this topic up and a lot of posts are simply going to be speculations on why Sega JP hating outsiders so much.

This is simply business. It's not meant to offend anyone but some people are easily sensitive. It's not like they simply have a grudge against you, a single person, because they hate you or anything. It's only because the US version is coming and testing/implementing blocks to service their regions.

This might be just a test in the end and they won't block people. Sega will release a statement about it eventually.
    We're still months away from the english version, the most likely reason for the block is because of cheaters and RMTs/bots that keep creating new accounts.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

You'd be surprised. Many have remained defiantly optimistic due to the fact that there was no IP block for JP PSU, which I suppose is valid.
    I'm with you on that. It's one of few reasons why I haven't purchuased AC.

I blame Orpa. He probably crashed into the authentication server or something.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I blame Orpa. He probably crashed into the authentication server or something.
    Best post ever. You deserve all the Koltova dolls Cran!
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I'm with you on that. It's one of few reasons why I haven't purchuased AC.
    Obviously, that was a wise decision of your's, but there have been people who've dumped hundreds of dollars in AC at this point, simply off of the strength of that fact. They were convinced. Just the other week in response to the AmEx block, people thought it would be wise to dump even more. If this indeed comes to fruition, they will not be pleased and shade will be thrown everywhere, despite the consistent red flags since July (arguably since Beta).

I simply hope this is a subtle precursor to an EN release, earlier then anyone predicted. 2013 was the official word, but you never know. It has arguably been long enough of a wait already.

Obviously, that was a wise decision of your's, but there have been people who've dumped hundreds of dollars in AC at this point, simply off of the strength of that fact. They were convinced. Just the other week in response to the AmEx block, people thought it would be wise to dump even more. If this indeed comes to fruition, they will not be pleased and shade will be thrown everywhere, despite the consistent red flags since July (arguably since Beta).

I simply hope this is a subtle precursor to an EN release, earlier then anyone predicted. 2013 was the official word, but you never know. It has arguably been long enough of a wait already.
    Hey, people will do with their money whatever the hell they wanna do.

If a region block comes to pass and people pay for a VPN to continue playing, they're entirely within their rights to do so and it is not even close to being a stupid idea because, y'know, it's their money and their time. It's not even that expensive (especially next to paying for things like cable TV).

I'm getting kind of tired of that. I put money into the game knowing full well a region lock is possible and I really don't give two shits about that, and the constant noise about it being "unwise" just pisses me off. No, it is not wrong for me to spend my money where I damn well please, and I would appreciate it if people stopped bloody questioning it!

Damn, and I was in a good mood this afternoon, too, until this junk came along.

Indeed, most people throwing money at this game knew full well it might happen. They just considered it worth it.

Let's be frank: All online games are taken down eventually. We've all thrown money at them. The only difference is they consider a shorter amount of time (and more clothes, I guess) to be worth more money.