Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The intention to make Ragol Earth was clearly either scrapped on Episode 2 (if it was the intention) or corrected (if it was laziness). I'd say it is the second one, because it had since the beginning (at least) 2 moons.

Boomas look 100% alien to me, Savage wolf looks more lizard than mammal, and horns on apes, wolves and elephants is something evolution in our planet will hardly achieve. I'd say they are efficient life forms, so there can evolve similar species on different plannets. Or lack of imagination on game developers (that's why I always liked Panzer Dragoon more than Phantasy Star )

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    the official timeline of the original series clearly states that Palmans were specially created by the Great Light (along with Dezolians and Motavians) to serve as the protectors of the seal.
    In that quote let's just say this is true, or that the supercomputer on Rykros was only instructed to say that. Another possibility is that the seal was created by something/someone, and the three species were moved there (one for a hot planet, one for a temperate planet and one for a cold planet). The something/someone could be a powerful being such as the Great Light (I'm ok with that) or an advanced civilization fighting Darks (I'm also ok with that, we know they can achieve such technological power thanks to Gurhal)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Except for the fact that Earth, our Earth, definitively has already been in the Phantasy Star franchise and we were the villains. If you want to consider each series in the franchise as it's own seperate universe, then you are allowed to speculate on whether or not Earth has a central place in any or all of them. However, there is no way that I've seen which can connect each series in the same universe. The timelines and events just don't match up.
    What I tried to say with "putting thousand of years between games", is that the origin of all worlds could be millennia before each game, what I think is that the earthlings from PS2, can perfectly come from the same planet in PS0, but not necessarily be from the same civilization, because we don't know if PS0 happened 1234 thousands of years before PS2, or if it happened 717 thousands of years after PS2. Place Gurhal in any direction on the timeline you'd like, and do the same with the Oracle fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    The intention to make Ragol Earth was clearly either scrapped on Episode 2 (if it was the intention) or corrected (if it was laziness). I'd say it is the second one, because it had since the beginning (at least) 2 moons.
    That was from the promotional material, actually. The landmasses in the opening video don't match up, but the texture of Ragol as seen from Ep I Pioneer 2 did not change. It lead to a lot of speculation that Ragol was Earth, with the differences in geography being chalked up to man-made catastrophe, but the issue was never addressed by Sega.

Similarly, Phantasy Star Zero's moon doesn't really share the same features as our own moon. If you watch the opening video carefully (I'll post Youtube link below), the far side of Coral's moon has large impact craters, whereas ours has had them wiped out by smaller meteorite impacts. (image link) It does share some base characteristics in common, but even within our own solar system - moons that are tidally locked with their primaries are quite normal. Our moon is quite large for the size of it's primary, but it's not completely out of the ordinary. Charon and Pluto being a notable example. So such configurations wouldn't necessarily be unique to Earth and it's Moon considering we have multiple examples of it within a single (ours) solar system. They may be quite common.

Plus, and I don't really recall exactly, but the view of Coral from it's moon didn't really look like Earth.

Here's what I was referring to. It actually has much greater detail than I remember. Start watching from about 0:20 seconds. Although N. & S. America are a bit squashed and malformed, you can also see the horn of Africa, Madagascar, the Arabian Peninsula, and other geographical features unique to Earth. There are some changes (a new continent in the Pacific?) but it's clearly based on Earth.

Boomas look 100% alien to me
    But there are Boomas (4 legged babies anyhow) on Coral as well.

Savage wolf looks more lizard than mammal, and horns on apes, wolves and elephants is something evolution in our planet will hardly achieve.
    Why not? Those are actually quite feasible. Mammals regularly grow horns and other bony protrusions. Why couldn't apes also develop such a feature? Similarly, Mammals come from reptiles (indeed, we are just a very highly specialized form of reptile), so if you consider Savage Wolves as having atavistic features that had somehow became expressed and were beneficial to their survival - resulting in them becoming permanent further evolved. Even beyond that, there's plenty of mammals that already exist with scales of a type... such as the pangolin. What wouldn't be feasible is, say, feathers on a mammal. Those evolved after our split with our common ancestor and wouldn't be present in our genetic line.

Or lack of imagination on game developers (that's why I always liked Panzer Dragoon more than Phantasy Star )
    Yup, or cheap fan service and references. Either way, that's more probable than explaining how Rappies achieved space travel and colonized the stars before their society collapsed.

In that quote let's just say this is true
    It is.
    PSIV Script
    Phantasy Star Compendium Translation: Page 64 - Timeline

or that the supercomputer on Rykros was only instructed to say that.
    He was a guardian of the Great Light, similar to (I guess) an Angel if you're playing the western version. He was one of the few remaining members of the victorious spirit race, left behind to watch over the seal, if you're playing the JP version.

I don't think he was lying, but if you have to assume characters are lying or remove data present in the older series in order to make a connection, then it's not really a connection.

What I tried to say with "putting thousand of years between games", is that the origin of all worlds could be millennia before each game, what I think is that the earthlings from PS2, can perfectly come from the same planet in PS0, but not necessarily be from the same civilization, because we don't know if PS0 happened 1234 thousands of years before PS2, or if it happened 717 thousands of years after PS2. Place Gurhal in any direction on the timeline you'd like, and do the same with the Oracle fleet.
    It's not really a matter of how much time is in between games, but a matter of PS classic having to have primacy in the timeline because Algol was the seal which contained the Profound Darkness/Dark Falz. He can't be loose in the universe before that point, because he didn't even exist before the spirit race was placed within the seal. It was a crucible that formed the evil god from the collective hatred, despair, and lust for revenge that congealed into a core of evil. That means that Earth humans were wiped out long before Dark Falz was ever even capable of escaping into space and wreaking havok.

The only way that I see to put a Dark Force out in the universe prior to PSII's time is via Aron's ending in PSIII. But then that just segways back into PSII's storyline (which explains why a DF was aboard the Noah and why Earthlings were corrupted by Dark Falz and destroyed their planet long before 845AW) and doesn't match up with the existing Coralian history of a "meteorite from Ragol containing D-Cells" introducing DF to their planet.

Aron's ending pretty much is the canonical one, with any connection to PSO having to come from another worldship crashing on Ragol with a new DF on board after the destruction of Palm. But even that has problems since you have to find a way to introduce Nei weapons and Espers onto another worldship.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jun 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

How would you think the Guardian would describe a being such as Mika, Kumhan or Wynarl? I'm not saying it's lying, I'm saying it explained so far to the party. The compendium doesn't explain much more, doesn't explain the origin of that race, neither the origin of the guardian races of Algol.

Also about canonizing the weapon cameos, I'm not saying you are wrong, but in this case take the weapons in PS0 the same way, they "prove" that at least this planet was once an alternate Sol's Earth, one with a continent named Europa, with similar geology, similar people, and Valkyrias scorching the earth :P

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Sinue_v2 - Thank you first on your post and feed back and sorry it took so long. Oh the source it's all over the place. It's part of the 10th Anniversary announcement part with Sakai saying so. You can find that on Bump.org even.

But yeah the connection lines would be PSU>>>>PSP2i>>>>PSO2<<<<<PSO<<<<<PSZ with the light Fan Service connection in PSP2i.

Now I totally agree about the PSP2i Sub-Plot being a VR system Program off DF's memory's since it not the first time that happened, Howser did the same. I Would "Rather" apply this more but at the moment just brushed it off to the side as a "Spilt" time line. Since I'm waiting on more info from PSO2 character's like Shion and Richard. Now this is info I need to find out since this will tell me "IF" they came from Ragol or some where else. Now that doesn't mean that they didn't come from the Original PSO series. Just need more info before I completely add that in.

Part of the First Part you answered yourself in your post when talking to landman in the next page about the Earthmen. So, there no need to explain there.

Now Ragol isn't Earth since I read about it; This was a long time ago like 11+ year's and I don't remember the source. But it was a basic review about the making of PSO when PSO was popular. The Game was a Clone of another RPG game for it's engine and mechanic's. They use'd a 3'D image of Earth as a Template but it wasn't Earth. This did Spark the big debate about Ragol but Sega slowly remedied the problem in later Installment's. Like you said they tried to change the topography of the planet. They added two moon's and in-game it was mentioned that it was a soul planet in a system. So that add's up to not being Earth but more of Sega being Lazy.

Now about the Ending of PSII it's "Open Ended" so saying it was destroyed in Angol is one of the theories. In fact there's more evidence that it wasn't completely the case.

#1 We know that the Engine of Noah was infused with DF and was slowly changing it to a Seed Hive ship, We know this because of the similarities between the outside and inside of the ship. And the fact DF can overtake machine's.

#2 We know that the Earthmen built thru MB, the world ship's. They place as many DF's in them as they can so, the DF that Rolf fought wasn't the DF that was fuse with the ship. IF this was the case the ship would of been destroyed before the end we have. On top of that the DF in PSO wanted to Evolve since it had been part of the ship for a long time.

#3 We know that Rolf used Megid which you saw an explosion from Dezo and Rolf didn't die on the spot but was gritting like he was holding on to something. The idea here is He blew a huge hole in the side of the ship with Megid but was hoping to do more. This is also reflected in PSO where the ship had a huge gaping hole in it.

#4 we have a cut scene of a shooting object heading into a planet in PSII.

#5 The Bloodline of Alys had to continue, Most likely Rolf lived by the grace of Lutz/Noah like he did when he was ten in PSII/Phantasy Star II Text Adventures.

#6 The item's Neisword and Aero-Prism had to be returned. The Elyision/Neisword had been inproved by the Esper's but it was the Original one to the fact that it needed the bloodline.

#7 There are grave marker's in Falz's Memorial along side the seal. It is same amount to the hero's who had died. And the description on them even tho it's blurry matches the size of the ending quote in PSII.

#8 There are 3 Sealing totem's with the Angol Crest on them with the Sealing word's "Mut Ditts Poum".

#9 The capsule's that Rico left saying there was a huge fight going on in the ship. And that it came from another star.

#10 at the end of Ult. mode of PSO there is a pic of Lutz Sealing Falz at Falz Memorial.

#11 there is a data-mined Lutz's mantle in the game that was not completely finished and is called the shadow Mantle which you can use in the game with a code like Sonic.

#12 The Construction of the ship on Ragol doesn't match the Construction of a World ship.

Now you could debate it if you want but it's more likely what happen from not one but many games. I've looked in too it being Alisa III, But I can account for them in each ending so that's a no go. Now Neo Plam was a possibility but came short on many point's and not likely to be it on Ragol, But is likely to be the crashed ship on Naberius.

If you like we can Talk more on it or get a General Idea where I'm getting at with the time line we can talk over a PM or a Thread of Theories of a connecting timeline idea's. Thought's on this because I do like feedback especially from you and any other's. And I've been doing my homework too but I need reminding at times too since I'm human lol. The Idea I have doesn't step on too many toe's on the cannon is it perfect no but does clean up a lot of road block's in the franchise. Now there is filler but nothing to out there and keep's in line with the cannon. I would like a continual discussion that can be better then any of timeline's out there that would make sense and that Community could go off on.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jun 28, 2013 at 10:51 AM.

Actually PSZ is a SEQUEL to PSO as in it takes place after...

AW 3060- endless wars on Coral devastate the environment and the 10 strongest nations join in alliance, they plan a mass exodus to help find a suitable planet to inhabit.

AW 3068- the Pioneer Project is launched after Ragol is found suitable and Pioneer 1 is sent.

AW 3076- Pioneer 1 is launched.

AW 3077- Pioneer 1 lands on Ragol

AW 3081- the 10 nation alliance powers weaken.

AW 3083- Pioneer 2 is launched

AW 3095- Pioneer 2 claims itself an independant state from Coral. (end of the PSO saga)

AW 3100- The Mother Trinity Project is launched.

AW 3101- Mother Trinity is created.

AW 3106- Mother Trinity losing control on reality and attacks the races using robots.

Hmm I have to reply on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    #1 We know that the Engine of Noah was infused with DF and was slowly changing it to a Seed Hive ship, We know this because of the similarities between the outside and inside of the ship. And the fact DF can overtake machine's.
    a SEED Hive ship? from PSU? We don't know anything about Dark Force in that game besides being in a treasure chest... We know he can overtake machines tho because of PSIV.

#2 We know that the Earthmen built thru MB, the world ship's. They place as many DF's in them as they can so, the DF that Rolf fought wasn't the DF that was fuse with the ship. IF this was the case the ship would of been destroyed before the end we have. On top of that the DF in PSO wanted to Evolve since it had been part of the ship for a long time.
    There is only 1 dark force at that time, you know seal is weakened and only 1 agent of the profound darkness can get trough each 1000 years...

#3 We know that Rolf used Megid which you saw an explosion from Dezo and Rolf didn't die on the spot but was gritting like he was holding on to something. The idea here is He blew a huge hole in the side of the ship with Megid but was hoping to do more. This is also reflected in PSO where the ship had a huge gaping hole in it.
    You mean the Gasleak explosion on Dezolis? The giant hole in the ruins on PSO is made by the military to force there way in since they couldn't get passed the sealed door.
    I have to correct a few things tho...
    #4 we have a cut scene of a shooting object heading into a planet in PSII.
    You mean the satellite Gira that crashes into Palma that destroyed the entire planet?

#5 The Bloodline of Alys had to continue, Most likely Rolf lived by the grace of Lutz/Noah like he did when he was ten in PSII/Phantasy Star II Text Adventures.
    Rolf is indeed an descendant of Alys, his last name is Landale, his text adventures however started as him already being in an orphanage and continues with his quest for strength

#6 The item's Neisword and Aero-Prism had to be returned. The Elyision/Neisword had been inproved by the Esper's but it was the Original one to the fact that it needed the bloodline.
    There is no backstory about the Nei-sword so far I know, but ya indeed the Elsydeon is pretty much the Laconian Sword Alys uses enchanted by Lutz and the Espers but it didn't need the Landale bloodline to wield it.

#7 There are grave marker's in Falz's Memorial along side the seal. It is same amount to the hero's who had died. And the description on them even tho it's blurry matches the size of the ending quote in PSII.
    Maybe should check that...

#8 There are 3 Sealing totem's with the Algol Crest on them with the Sealing word's "Mut Ditts Poum".
    MUUT DITTS POUMN is indeed a reference to Algols planet simulating the seal of the profound darkness

#9 The capsule's that Rico left saying there was a huge fight going on in the ship. And that it came from another star.
    Rico said that the military was fighting in the ruins and lost.

#10 at the end of Ult. mode of PSO there is a pic of Lutz Sealing Falz at Falz Memorial.
    Not rly... it shows the patch Rico took and eventually came back on Pioneer 2 (not cannon at all)

#11 there is a data-mined Lutz's mantle in the game that was not completely finished and is called the shadow Mantle which you can use in the game with a code like Sonic.
    those right?
    http://www.pso-world.com/images/bb/guardian.jpg
    Those are the suits GMs uses to roam the lobbies.

#12 The Construction of the ship on Ragol doesn't match the Construction of a World ship.
    No Idea what you mean here
    Last edited by Mike; Jul 3, 2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Merge

Well, DF was part of the engine's it was stated so. We also know that Falz himself said that he destroyed the other 400 ship's so there were more then one during that time. And even in PSIV there is sign's of this. but the construction of the outside of the Seed Hive ship from PSU has little dome's and is the same when you look outside the ship in the ruin's on Ragol. The construct is also the same from the inside the hive ship to Block 3 and the end room which is the engine room of the ship.

The hole in the side? No, not the explosion on Dezolis. And no, not the military either. The ruin's actually show's this damage. Rico talk's about it being done way before.

No on Gira too.

Military fighting? unless there 10,000 yr's old that's also a no.

Rolf's last name was never mentioned it was implied that it was. But the Bloodline needed to still be around because Chaz is from those lines too as it's implied that way.

Rico has nothing to do with that pic of lutz at all .....why bring her up?

GM??? wearing them when? was it back in Ver.1 day's. Even still look at the writing on it.

Oh, on PSZ it's a little of both. it does take place after PSO but it talk's about what happen before PSO too.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jul 2, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

The hole in the side? No, not the explosion on Dezolis. And no, not the military either. The ruin's actually show's this damage. Rico talk's about it being done way before.

Military fighting? unless there 10,000 yr's old that's also a no.
    Spoiler!

Well then, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about then, because these are literally the first two capsules you find in the Ruins, they both show that Rico is not talking about any star, and that it is indeed the military.

Well, She thought it was the military at first but later disproves this. And why are your messages look oddly different and interface?.
    Last edited by Omega-z; Jul 3, 2013 at 08:23 AM.

Well, She thought it was the military at first but later disproves this. And why are your messages look oddly different and interface?.
    Idk what games you are playing but this how the story goes...
    Also how could weapons from pioneer 1 instantly change into something else?
    And that text is because it is obvious an high resolution Blue Burst...
    Last edited by Kenbog; Jul 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

What are you even talking about? Can you please play all of the series and then make any fabrications to the fact? The closest canonical link Phantasy Star I to IV, including the spin offs Phantasy Star Gaiden and the Text Adventures have are the recurring usage of the words Technique, Photons, and Dark Force/Dark Falz, and recently in PSO2, the mentioning of The Profound Darkness, everything else that would connect the quadrilogy and it's spin-offs from that point on is hear-say. As for Phantasy Star Zero and Phantasy Star Online and its Episodes, they are connected, but still loosely so, as stated earlier in the thread, there is still contact going on with Pioneer 2 and Coral by the end of Episode III:C.A.R.D. Revolution, which takes place the latest in PSO, which starts at AW(After Wars/After Waizz) or AUW(After Unification of Waizz) 3105, meaning to the fact that Phantasy Star Zero would have to take place after that, this is furthered by the fact that Dr. Montague has stated himself in Episode IV how MAGs were created and then androids, which is both backed up in the Book of Hunters which is made before Episode III and IV, and in Phantasy Star Zero, (They mention MAGs as an accident, androids [CASTs] were made afterwards), and finally the connection would be the Photon weapons which were made in high and powerful quantities thanks to the discovery of the D-Cellular quantities found in a meteorite that landed on Coral simply known as D-Factor, which is the real reasoning behind the Pioneer Project specifically choosing Ragol in the first place. As for Phantasy Star Universe, there is no connection to the rest of the series as well other than once again Dark Falz, and this time a weird revival of Rykros which didn't do justice to the original Rykros in Phantasy Star IV.

As for assumptions, the "ancient civilization" that supposedly existed on Ragol, along with Leukon Knight and the white temple known as Ravum Aedes Sacra, bears a retardedly similarity between the Ancients and the Stateria and the RELICS sites in Phantasy Star Universe, but that would be a non canonical assumption as they were probably made that way in Phantasy Star Universe as it was released after Phantasy Star Online.

The only single thing that honestly ties the entire series together is a single chronological timeline and the reappearence of Dark Falz, who shows that The Profound Darkness is not yet dead, nor stopped as it is its progenitor.