Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I've tried to play Oblivion probably 14 separate times. I never got past about two hours before not wanting to play anymore. I think it's just the uncanny valley I run into with every single face on my screen.

Skyrim, Fallout 3 and NV, totally great. I know I'd love Oblivion if I could get fully into it, it's exactly my kind of game. I just...can't.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I've tried to play Oblivion probably 14 separate times. I never got past about two hours before not wanting to play anymore. I think it's just the uncanny valley I run into with every single face on my screen.

Skyrim, Fallout 3 and NV, totally great. I know I'd love Oblivion if I could get fully into it, it's exactly my kind of game. I just...can't.
    I understand what you mean. (although oblivion is my favorite TES game)
    I felt the same way with Torchlight 2.. That game is exactly what I wanted and yet I stopped playing it

as much as these are the types of games i like i have never beat either of the main quest lines. i played alot of oblivion but once i lost my character i just couldnt start over again so i left it. skyrim came out and i got it played about half of main story and stopped playing it aswell.

i loved most of oblivion. and i would of played alot more but once i play a game and get where i want i cant start over again. skyrim was pretty. i lvoe the landscape and graphics but i felt the combat system with magic was lacking in comparison. and as i play spellflingers in just about every game i can play one i grew tired of using the same spell over and over again without a need to switch spells. the random dragon attacks on cities killing my trainers and shopkeepers was also a big turn off for me.

i would take skyrim with oblivions combat system and oblivion with skyrims graphics. other than that they arent much different to me personally. the guilds in skyrim were lack luster though. and i never could put much into it. i was more emerged into oblivions world than skyrim.

so in a nutshell they are about even but id go oblivion over skyrim if had to chose

Quote Originally Posted by -Crokar- View Post
    and oblivion with skyrims graphics.
    There's a mod project in the works to put Oblivion on the Skyrim engine, though that will hardly help in the department of combat. Might still be worth checking out. Also, it's by the same team who are doing the Skywind conversion so, it may take awhile.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Morrowind had everything but no story, it was mostly explore and find rares items in dungeons then sell what i didnt need.

Oblivion well what can i say, i thought it was great that i wasn't the hero but the one helping the king, great skill set and great story line, the guild were fun to play and the game was fun to discover and travel the land and city for secret quest or simply rare items

Skyrim N/A haven't tried it since i sold my 360 4 years ago and haven't played a game since until i heard about PSO 2 and got into WoT. I will def check it out out of curiosity though i heard it aint better then Oblivion

I also liked in Morrowind creating my town in the Gold Edition on the Nord werewolf island. I always play as a Nord but if i start Skyrim i will try using magic and bows
    Last edited by Kamal; Jan 7, 2013 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
    Morrowind had everything but no story
    had everything but no story
    no story

GTFO.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Don't worry Sinue. You can lead a horse to water......
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Don't worry Sinue. You can lead a horse to water......
    ...but you can't make it buy it own goddamn armor?

Quote Originally Posted by .Rusty. View Post
    ...but you can't make it buy it own goddamn armor?
    Ride up a mountain?