Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Syklo View Post
    EDIT: Also, still got S rank with 31:56, so assume S rank is 35 or 40 minutes.

Maybe even 45.
    ..There's seriously no way to fail this if the time is that forgiving..
    Well, unless someone dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    ..There's seriously no way to fail this if the time is that forgiving..
    Well, unless someone dies.
    Not even dying makes insta-fail though, since you can go to the other group's area after you clear yours.

Unless everybody dies. <_<

Not sure if this was found out already but in Amdusica Time Attack you can skip darkers in area 1 but still get the collapsing floor codes.
    You just have to jump over the collapsing floor areas, trigger the darkers behind, and then do the code. It will despawn the enemies you triggered behind it.
    here's a fun vid where me and my team first discovered it also! http://youtu.be/FrN1GJ_4Y7s

There's a switch you can use to skip the first and second Attack codes. And if you use Twin Machineguns and activate either Attack code without actually falling into the trap, the third one won't activate.

Just note there's an invisible wall that spawns for the person who activates the code. You have to stay midair long enough for the wall to disappear. You can use [charged] Aerial Shooting to gain height and make it easier, but it's not necessary and even a non-Gunner with a [Lambda] Aresvies can do it.

Takes way too long for them to despawn. .-. Does not seem useful at all if you're Time Attacking since you'll kill the next room faster than they would despawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Takes way too long for them to despawn. .-. Does not seem useful at all if you're Time Attacking since you'll kill the next room faster than they would despawn.
    It is useful for the average player. Because I don't know about what you think the average player can do, but it isn't those top ranking low times. I mean, I think it is maybe faster just to clear the area but even on normal where everything dies in one hit, the time it takes for the monsters to spawn vs despawning them seemed the same. Although, I haven't had any chances to really test as I doubt the people I TA with care about times as much as I do.

We're not even talking "top ranking low times".

In the part just before the first code Attack (where you jump to hit buttons), there is a catapult to a shortcut switch (this is "before" the green+yellow gate, turns on once you disable it). This

-Activates a catapult letting everyone skip code 1
    -Activates a catapult letting you skip EVERYTHING from right before code 2 pit to right before code 3 pit

And if you want to save time* you can help everyone skip code 3 if the person activating shortcut is has TMGs. Do the "hover over the code Attack pit, cheat the invisible walls" trick... for code 1. After you already activated the shortcut and everybody else is killing stuff before code 2. Only one code pit can be active at a time. Code 3 won't even activate.

*It would probably save more time if everyone could just float over code 3, but this is more foolproof. Or you have facemelting forces.

Also flipping to the left/right and stopping (read: normal attack to reset your "flip count") before "bullet time" flip is way more practical and less prone to height loss than blind backwards flipping.
    Last edited by Seravi Edalborez; Jan 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Yeah I have to agree. With a FO the code is done in 5-10 seconds top. Then we are rubbing our faces in the force field for a long time before they despawn. :I
    The time difference is very small, if there is any. The code at least gives code EXP.

It's more like ->

you use the shortcut to skip the code anyway (for those who don't know, there is a catapult to your right after you get the switches on the platforms), so you have to run back (seems a little pointless), and the code could very well give you Wondas which increases how long it takes. Instead of using the time on the code, you could use it just to kill 2 Wondas + some fish (very easy kills for the fish, Wondas might take a bit longer BUT they can spawn in the code anyway)

Even for the average player I don't see much point. The shortcut also skips the entirety of the next room after the second code, and despawning for just 2 El Ahdas seems extreme.

(oh right Seravi just posted this \o/)
    Last edited by Z-0; Jan 28, 2013 at 01:02 PM.

How much hunters do you guys take on your TA runs?