Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 Free to Play

Personally, I fully approve of the F2P model, mostly because I'm a college student, and I don't exactly have money to spend once a month on a game that I may not have much of a chance to touch throughout my semesters.

However, I will say that I was more than willing to at least pay a one-time fee for the game (note, this was before I found out about the F2P model).
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1

Holy necro batman

But that is such an overused and weak argument. People posting on forums, with internet connection, with a computer, enrolled in college....etc..... argue that they can't pay monthly for a game. If you have time to play games, you can afford $10-$15 a month.

And if you hardly had anytime to play video games but would still like to on rare occasions, does that $10-15 a month seem worth it? Monthly fees are really a dying breed, or maybe people don't find any better alternatives to WoW. Cost is not an overused and weak argument when companies want you to give them money. I'm sure companies would rather have the money I will spend on cash shops than none at all.

Of course, I'm biased and never saw the appeal of paying monthly fees. I already pay $15-20 a month for internet which gives me access to so much more, why would I want to pay almost the same price for access to one game?
    Last edited by Seraphus; Dec 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

I payed monthly for PSU for about 1.5 years, then I couldn't afford it when entering college. Yes, it's a lot of money when you spend 60%+ of your time doing school work and are unemployed...
    The world isn't as it should be...
    <->Working on a new Sig for my Reborn Character, will be done when I don't have class work overload<->
    PSO2 - ニューマン - 女性 - スピリット - Ship2:ウリ

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthraa View Post
    Personally, I fully approve of the F2P model, mostly because I'm a college student, and I don't exactly have money to spend once a month on a game that I may not have much of a chance to touch throughout my semesters.

However, I will say that I was more than willing to at least pay a one-time fee for the game (note, this was before I found out about the F2P model).

Who would not share your opinion if they were in the same situation?

++++++++++++++++++

I really only have 2 problems with the P2W business model (cash shop games).

1. The game is advertised as free to play, but it is really just free admission.

2. Every game mechanic is monetized and suffers a detrimental effect.

+++++++++++++++++++

I'm not too impressed with PSO2s model.

Quote Originally Posted by thinktank001 View Post
    Who would not share your opinion if they were in the same situation?

++++++++++++++++++

I really only have 2 problems with the P2W business model (cash shop games).

1. The game is advertised as free to play, but it is really just free admission.

2. Every game mechanic is monetized and suffers a detrimental effect.

+++++++++++++++++++

I'm not too impressed with PSO2s model.
    Are you saying PSO2 is P2W or you just aren't a fan of PSO2's model? F2P is not always P2W which you are inferring. And PSO2 is currently far from P2W. What aren't you impressed about?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphus View Post
    PSO2 is currently far from P2W.
    This.

Anyone who thinks PSO2 is P2W needs to go play any game published by Perfect World Entertainment for an hour. Seriously, ANY game~

Here's what you get from PSO2's "P2W" store: A room and a shop [that you can technically get for free], more storage space, a new character slot, a new skill tree when you've f*cked up your current one, EXP boosts [that you can get pretty much for free now], and clothing.

When they start adding 10* gear to the cash shop and start making enemies powerful enough that you actually need to spend money to progress, then we can all safely say that PSO2 has become P2W.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthraa View Post
    While I can somewhat agree about college, I'm in college as well and still have time for games when I wanna play. I also have a job, so I can (kinda) afford it. I'm not really worried about the fee, but more of what I'm going to get out of it. Is it a game that I'll enjoy every time (or close to) I play it? Or am I just gonna get pissed at it? That's what I look for.

And also the P2W thing. Very stupid. Drift City does that. It could almost be a good game, but it's ruined by cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMalice View Post
    This.

Anyone who thinks PSO2 is P2W needs to go play any game published by Perfect World Entertainment for an hour. Seriously, ANY game~

Here's what you get from PSO2's "P2W" store: A room and a shop [that you can technically get for free], more storage space, a new character slot, a new skill tree when you've f*cked up your current one, EXP boosts [that you can get pretty much for free now], and clothing.

When they start adding 10* gear to the cash shop and start making enemies powerful enough that you actually need to spend money to progress, then we can all safely say that PSO2 has become P2W.
    I hate the P2W game models for this reason. I see no point in playing a game that I have to continually shell out money to even be competitive.

@Seraphus Thanks for understanding my position. I, for one, have a car to pay off, car insurance, student loans (I'm constantly setting most of my paychecks aside so I'm not broke for God knows how many years after college), and textbooks. I also have to pay for gas and pay for my food. I am also a full-time student working a part-time job (normally 25+ hours per week) and trying to maintain all A's. Anybody can tell why I don't want to shell out $10 or $15/month for a game that I may not have much time to play.

@GreenArcher Sorry, I totally forgot to look at the last post date. T_T
    Phantasy Star Online 2 JP
    Akal | Lv 18 Cast HU | Ship 02 | HU 18↑, RA 2, FO 1
    Phantasy Star Portable 2
    Akal ~ Lv 97↑ Beast ~ HU 10, VA 13↑, RA 1, FO 1

There is no PvP in this game so no, not a chance even for it to be pay2win.
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget