Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Putting an Affix/Ability on your weapon

So I'm trying to put a soul and ability on a blank weapon (no stats) and I'm trying to figure how to get these 2 abilities added. I've done it before (cant remember the process since i dont do it that often) with a Rear and Leg unit where it let me add both the Soul and Ability but both had chances of moving over. Now whenever I try to do it it only lets me select one option out of the list. What am I doing wrong here?

This is what I'm trying to do:

Stellar Twinkle: No abilities
    Material Rod: Elder Soul-Technic 1
    Material Rod: Elder Soul-Technic 1

Which should come out to: Elder Soul-Technic 2

Instead it only lets me pick one or the other instead of both, what do I do?

The amount of abilities you can affix to a weapon/unit is the number it currently has on it + 1. So if it has none you can only add one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    The amount of abilities you can affix to a weapon/unit is the number it currently has on it + 1. So if it has none you can only add one right now.
    wouldnt the plus 1 be the grind number next to the name? and if so can i just grind it a few times and then add the abilities?

No that's the grind number, it has nothing to do with abilities. The little diamond icon in the right corner of the weapon name box tells you have many abilities a weapon has. In the details box the bottom of the first page will have a list of the abilities a weapon has as well as the entire 3rd page.

you have too add ability slots in increments of 1, so you have to add a slot, then add another slot then you will have 2 slots, then you can try to affix 2 at a time.

you will be penalized for adding slots with a reduced affix chance, 70% instead of 100% example
    so it is best to add slots with junk you dont need first then when you have desired amount of slots, go for the final attributes you want.

have a read;
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202629

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196573
    Last edited by eharima; Dec 14, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

thank you eharima, i'll do a little reading, i fail to see the diamond thing derpington is talking about

So I'm about to throw Elder Soul on to my Elder Rod (decided to change rods now), once I do will i be able to add anymore affixes? Like I have 2 Fodder Materials with Elder Soul and Technic 1 so i want to transfer over both but last time i did transfer over a soul it only attached that and wouldnt let me transfer anything else again even when i had the fodder materials sharing the same affixes

this is a blank rod so once i affix it, it will have elder soul on it, now when i try to add more affixes the items wont show up and it tells me something in JP in yellow so now i cant Technic 2 to it
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM.

yes, but with souls you always need atleast 2 items with the soul on it to appear as a chance to transfer it.

buy some 1k junk with 1 and 2 slots on it and affix your elder rod so it has 2 slots on it any 2 slots, then try to add elder soul and technic so you have the best chance at succeeding.

you can add elder soul right now np, but then you will have to add another slot, and use items that have soul on it, then get peanalized for adding another slot, and soul affix chance is 50% with 2 fodder + add slot penalization it will be like 36% chance ;-;

it sound complicated, but its better to plan ahead to save pain...

i have a lot of Elder Soul+Technic 1 affixed rods/talis's on me already, so should I go ahead and use 2 that have Elder+Tech on the Rod but only being able to move Elder Soul to it? (since it will only let me add one thing)

No, as others have stated, use some junk items to increase your Rod to 2 affixes. Then put Elder soul and Technique on it.