Default A weird "how to save sonic" post.

http://nubiankt.wordpress.com/2012/1...nic-post-9000/

I think it's mostly a parody of all the "save sonic" blog posts that have happened ever since Sonic 06, but it actually shines some light on the issues between SOJ and SOA.

I think Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the last Sonic game I really cared about.

Though Sonic Colors looked good at release, I just haven't bothered to pick it up yet.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

I liked most of Unleashed, enjoyed almost all of Colors, and thought Generations (though it's really just a glorified Greatest Hits compilation) clearly shows that they CAN still pull off good things when they're at the helm themselves. I think the series has been on quite an upswing over the last few years, and if they need to do anything it's either confine Dimps to the inevitable handheld versions of mainline games or get rid of them entirely and they'll be fine. Sonic 4: Episode 1, though mildly enjoyable, was rehash, and Episode 2 was really only a subtle apology "we sorta fixed it" addendum to Episode 1.

(I also REALLY REALLY enjoyed Sonic 2006 for all the wrooong reasons. It's seriously the most fun I've had seeing how badly I can break a broken videogame and seeing a story retcon itself out of existence entirely by the end of its own game.)

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziel View Post
    I think Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the last Sonic game I really cared about.

Though Sonic Colors looked good at release, I just haven't bothered to pick it up yet.
    Colors was a great game.

Sega's doing pretty good with Sonic lately as opposed to a few years ago. Sonic Generations is exactly what I wanted in a Sonic game, and Sonic the hedgehog 4 Ep II isnt that bad either though the physics engine is still nothing like the Genesis games.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeaboolits View Post
    Colors was a great game.
    If you own the wii and dont have Colors you oughta to be ashamed.
    It really repairs the "mess" Unleashed caused with its wonky ass controls. (wii varient anyway.)

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    If you own the wii and dont have Colors you oughta to be ashamed.
    It really repairs the "mess" Unleashed caused with its wonky ass controls. (wii varient anyway.)
    Yeah, the speed portions of Unleashed on 360/PS3 were really sort of the beginning of them seeming to understand how their character could work better in 3D and Colors' modern portions were really more of an evolution of that, which only got better with Generations.

I'm actually kinda more excited for what the next new Sonic game may be than I am what a new Mario may be.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

The speed portions of Unleashed are /brilliant/ but the werewolf controls oh jesus christ what a mess. On the wii he is so liquidly drifty like Luigi tier slippery.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

How to save Sonic:

Pretty much just stay on the track you've been on with Unleashed, Colors and Generations, 'cause the series has been stellar again as of Unleashed, and has pretty much just been going uphill since then.

Also, give Tails his own spinoff game. Make it like a full-blown Metroidvania in the style of Tails Adventure on the Game Gear. Profit.

On a related note: Hurry up and put that on the 3DS Virtual Console already.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."