Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fear

I have a fear of heights because of how short I am.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Spiders and Heights, so pretty much a worst case scenario is being up on my second story cleaning out my eves and having a nest of those creepy fucks come flooding out of the ladder rungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    Sounds like a case of a bad spirit =/ Might wanna call someone religious to purify the house or start bringing more positive energy round the house.
    Wat?

Anyhow, yeah I can see how sleep paralysis would be pretty fucked up and frightening if you don't know what was happening. Only had it happen to me once, but I knew all about it before hand so I was able to just relax and enjoy the strangeness of it all. I don't know if I'd call it "fun", but it was a unique experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AC9breaker View Post
    I'm super scared of Aliens. Not the Ridley Scott kind, the Big Headed grey skinned bug eye short men probe your butt hole kind. ~ They use to always have specials on FOX network and they always creeped the shit out of me. I never really grew out of this fear.
    I was the opposite when I was a kid. I watched those shows all the time because I wanted to be abducted. I wasn't scared of them in the least, and I'd go out with my telescope to try to find some and flag them down. I did eventually develop a horrid fear of them, even going so far as to be scared of the goddamned dark in my late teens/early 20's.

Now I'm pretty sure I know better, and all those cases that used to freak the shit out of me - on closer inspection - can't hold up to even casual scrutiny. In fact, these days I'm fairly sure that the entire phenomena can be pretty accurately described as just a religion in sci-fi clothing, especially with all the new age spiritualism going on in it. In many cases you can still clearly see the framework of Judeo-Christian belief systems either grafted directly onto the UFO/Conspiracy belief systems, or as a stripped down and remodeled version of J-C. If we're talking about life evolved from totally alien worlds and developed in totally alien cultures across the galaxy, you'd think people would be a little more imaginative in their mythologies about them.

Now it's pretty hard for me to get freaked out by images or thoughts about those grey aliens. I'm kind of right back to the point I was as a kid where they don't scare me in the least, and I can look up in the sky and fantasize about what it might be like to meet alien visitors if they were real.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Dec 20, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Oh yeah, i have to double-check the door is locked before i go out or i worry about that the entire day.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0