Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mmo recommendations.

Whis has probrably been asked a lot but I am looking for a mmo to play while I wait for pso2. I already found one and was curious about Dragon Nest as well as White Knight Chronicals. I am looking for mmo's that's similiar to PSU.

Edit: I forgot to add I am looking for free to play type of games.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Dec 26, 2012 at 11:21 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I've played a lot of mmos, Dragon Nest was good but didnt really appeal to me.
    Im not sure if there is anything out there exactly like Phantasy Star (other then Phantasy star of course) but could you name some "qualities" of Phantasy star universe you like the most?
    It'll be easier to recommend a game that way.

If asking people here doesnt work, just go to Mmobomb.
    You'll find something to fit your needs there.

Dragon's Nest is soo like psu in a way, also white knight is horrible. Also, Guild Wars 2 is a good mmo I don't like it much myself though.

I like Champions Online, you can move and attack with super powers.
    I just like to teleport in it or fly.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

The Perfect Program Rin Kagamine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    I like Champions Online, you can move and attack with super powers.
    I just like to teleport in it or fly.
    super powers u say? why not try DC universe oh and if u like linear gameplay and funny outfits try tera.I have white knight chronicles but havnt opened it yet i had no idea it was an mmo i thought it was a regular rpg ill have to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Could you name some "qualities" of Phantasy star universe you like the most?
    It'll be easier to recommend a game that way.

If asking people here doesnt work, just go to Mmobomb.
    You'll find something to fit your needs there.
    The grinding to make your skills stronger. I had a lot of patience when I pa level. I also liked how simple the combat was. The only thing that I disliked about PSU was the limited option of clothing to choose from for male characters.
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

My friend showed me a game that reminded me of pso its a free mmo called Rising Force online im not sure about gameplay wise but it has 3 races an elf race and a machine race and idk what race the other one is but it doesnt have human ears lots of classes tho i dont know alot about the game because i havnt played it but anyways it free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Kagamine View Post
    My friend showed me a game that reminded me of pso its a free mmo called Rising Force online im not sure about gameplay wise but it has 3 races an elf race and a machine race and idk what race the other one is but it doesnt have human ears lots of classes tho i dont know alot about the game because i havnt played it but anyways it free.
    well i signed up for rf ill try it after the christmas party and maybe i can give u a better opinion on it

Quote Originally Posted by Noblewine View Post
    The grinding to make your skills stronger. I had a lot of patience when I pa level. I also liked how simple the combat was. The only thing that I disliked about PSU was the limited option of clothing to choose from for male characters.
    Thats not a lot to narrow things down with, but I know its hard to pick what you like about Phantasy Star. Now that I think about it, I cant bring up a reason why I love it so much either..

Honestly I think you should go to Mmo bomb and look around there. I dont think you'll find a carbon copy of Pso, but you might find something close.

I wouldnt recommend these since I dont know what appeals to you but some "mmos" that come to mind off the top of my head are

Hunter Blade
    Mabinogi
    Dragon Nest
    Shin Megami Tensei Megaten
    and Torchlight 2

Im sorry I cant be like "Hey just go play ____! Its just like pso!"
    I really feel like I should know but i just dont.. >_<
    Last edited by DayDreamer; Dec 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer View Post
    Thats not a lot to narrow things down with, but I know its hard to pick what you like about Phantasy Star. Now that I think about it, I cant bring up a reason why I love it so much either..

Honestly I think you should go to Mmo bomb and look around there. I dont think you'll find a carbon copy of Pso, but you might find something close.

I wouldnt recommend these since I dont know what appeals to you but some "mmos" that come to mind off the top of my head are

Hunter Blade
    Mabinogi
    Dragon Nest
    Shin Megami Tensei Megaten
    and Torchlight 2

Im sorry I cant be like "Hey just go play ____! Its just like pso!"
    I really feel like I should know but i just dont.. >_<
    Its fine thanks for the replies everyone. I played Mabinogi and instantly disliked it after playing it for a few weeks. The controls are clunky and caused a lot of unfair deaths even when enemies would aggro me after passing them as I tried to explore. Is Ragnarok Online good? I watched the anime and liked it and the setting.