Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I've seen more, he just gets progressively harder to do so with each shock, 5 times is pretty common. In a sense, it'll get to a point when he becomes virtually immune. And yea, Japanese players and English players who play on Japanese blocks really know what they're doing, and actively try to break all arms, some even discuss the strategy before going through the teleporter. It's entirely possible to get Falz to have nothing left but the unbreakable ones with still a good chunk of HP left, provided your shock chances are nice. I've had a run where Falz was only shocked twice, no mattter how many Sazondes were thrown at it, a lot of valuable HP was lost from just trying to shock.

Also the runs I've had where everything was broken players were breaking the other 4 arms first, to quickly force him into the second phase, and saving the shock resistance for when he has more arms.
    Last edited by Daiyousei; Jan 1, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Yeah you should not try to shock falz in phase 1, focus on the lower arms.
    When he regrows teh arms ( phase 2 ) you use shock.
    I've seen plenty more then 5 shocks in a game. The rumor is that if you shock him in phase 1 the chances are considerably lower in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman2417 View Post
    Yeah you should not try to shock falz in phase 1, focus on the lower arms.
    When he regrows teh arms ( phase 2 ) you use shock.
    I've seen plenty more then 5 shocks in a game. The rumor is that if you shock him in phase 1 the chances are considerably lower in phase 2.
    I've been counting lately and I haven't yet seen more than 5, and if we go 4 the 5th typically takes a long time.

Note to rangers, when he goes into shock, please pay attention to how many people are on your side, switching WB when you are alone or almost alone to your side can really hurt the process.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

I don't think you should use shock AT ALL until you break all the easily breakable arms in phase 2 first.
    When you NEED to shock him to break the rest of the arms, that's when you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    I've been counting lately and I haven't yet seen more than 5, and if we go 4 the 5th typically takes a long time.

Note to rangers, when he goes into shock, please pay attention to how many people are on your side, switching WB when you are alone or almost alone to your side can really hurt the process.
    I think the general rule is "left takes priority" as in if you were to pick a side, left would be it. But if the only option was right, you'd go right.
    Most people communicate this in multiparties.

When he have all his arms in phase 2, that's when you throw Zonde at it and hope he gets shocked from it. When you're left with the unbreakable arms, getting him to shock will require manually aiming and praying one of your 300 damage Sazonde ticks will trigger a shock, that WILL take out more HP than you wanted.
    Last edited by Alenoir; Jan 1, 2013 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    I always pay attention to which side most of the players are standing on, and then pay attention to the arms, and I weak bullet them as they fall, so I don't have to wade through hitbox hell of arms just to get to the arms that need to be broken. Some players prefer to break the other arms first before the top and extra pair just so it'd be easier to hit them when they're vulnerable. having all those arms lying on the platform pushes you around when you're trying to land hits.

Target lock does wonders for getting that one arm you want. If you're on WB duty, maybe TPS, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Target lock does wonders for getting that one arm you want. If you're on WB duty, maybe TPS, too.
    The lock always unlocks when falz goes back to idle animation. Maybe I'm not close enough? idk but it always returned to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman2417 View Post
    The lock always unlocks when falz goes back to idle animation. Maybe I'm not close enough? idk but it always returned to normal.
    Usually what I do is walk close to the arm, target lock (since it gives yellow target so you can tell what you're targetting), then tab if needed.

Occasionally when I play gunner or ranger, I'm sometimes on WB duty for elder but that makes it hard for me to dodge his attacks, especially the arm extending ones. I've heard from a friend that there is a blind 'safe' spot in between the arms when you're standing at the back of the arena. Can someone clarify?