Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Well, I do know that the giant space worm is Rupika who was infected with Falz DNA from surviving the explosion caused by Falz. (The track playing at the fight also is an IDOLA one.)

I also do know (I think?) that the principal of Ep.4 wanted Rupika to get to the meteor, probably so that he could activate its or her powers.

Just what the heck is that meteorite, though? How is it connected to Falz? Um, Sinue? You there?
    It's falz's poop

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious-G View Post
    Well, I do know that the giant space worm is Rupika who was infected with Falz DNA from surviving the explosion caused by Falz. (The track playing at the fight also is an IDOLA one.)

I also do know (I think?) that the principal of Ep.4 wanted Rupika to get to the meteor, probably so that he could activate its or her powers.

Just what the heck is that meteorite, though? How is it connected to Falz? Um, Sinue? You there?
    See this post, along with the others:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...7&postcount=11

I believe you're also thinking of Leo Grahart. He was the 'evil' guy, per se.

So, in short: D-Cells. Also, this meteorite may have also very much influenced Episode 3.

That's...really it. I don't think anyone ever found any connection to PD, falz, anything at all. There just happened to be a giant space worm egg meteor headed for ragol all this time. I'd love it if someone could correct me, because that is really boring, but I'm pretty sure that's all ep 4 was.
    The meteor was non-threatening before somehow changing trajectory. See here:

I do not believe we as an audience ever find out exactly what caused it to crash into Ragol.
    Last edited by Getintothegame; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

Thanks Game, that's a pretty informative thread right there. I am surprised there are so many loose ends concerning Ep. IV that never really were cleared up. Especially about Leo apparently being brain-washed and the origins of the laser hitting the meteorite. As far as I am aware of, none of these questions really were answered in Ep. III. And even if the meteorite that impacted Coral (and possibly was what brought Falz onto it as seen in PSZ), where did that meteorite hitting Ragol come from? It seems connected to the D-Cells as well, no? I could make a wild guess and say it really was an ordinary meoteorite until either Falz or Flow hit the meteor to damage Pioneer II and thus infecting said meteorite with D-Cells, but yeah, lack of evidence and all that.

Man, unlike PSO2, PSO had so many interesting facettes, military plots and origanizations. Everything just seemed really complex.
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    See this post, along with the others:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...7&postcount=11

I believe you're also thinking of Leo Grahart. He was the 'evil' guy, per se.

So, in short: D-Cells. Also, this meteorite may have also very much influenced Episode 3.

The meteor was non-threatening before somehow changing trajectory. See here:

PSO: Blue Burst Episode 4 intro - YouTube

I do not believe we as an audience ever find out exactly what caused it to crash into Ragol.
    Well, it's clear that Falz is drawn or draws photons to it (probably due to the hatred of the Profound Darkness has for the Light and things of the Light). Pretty much all D-Cell Seedforms (that's right, I'm calling them Seedforms! ;p ) have lovely neon light photon effects on them after all. So I'd say that, that meteor was probably a very pure photon source.

An Episode V and VI where people left Ragol to search for more of them or even the origin of it would of been interesting to say the least.

Also ^.^ :

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

I think in PSO2, we're not actually meant to be fighting it.
    Dark Force literally just plowed into Oracle and the ARKS by chance, from what I understand, and we're literally fighting it to defend what ships it hasn't already destroyed.

Not far into the MB yet, so I can't say for sure...

Once again I'm going to bring up that Sega may have already let us know the plan for this Falz and PD. Way back in the teaser they made a direct reference to the Great Light, the winners of the war. They helped in PS IV. Perhaps Matoi and Shion are them?

Right now I want to hear info about that Chrome Dragon that appeared in the Vita PSO2 video. I think he'll be the main focus on the "next episode" of the story being the most powerful native of Amduscia and getting under the influence of Falz or something (Like De Rol Le on Caves or Vol Opt at Mines)

Also I want that Leo Grahart's outfit to make a comeback :L that'll be good against the lack of nice looking male costumes or lack of male outfits

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

wad happened to this series' music?

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    wad happened to this series' music?
    It got better.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

No one ever reads my posts when I post in topics like these, but here goes! :P Go go gadget wall-of-text!

In the original series, the profound darkness and great light were two spiritual entities that split from a larger one and warred against each other. The great light sealed the profound darkness using the Algol star system's 3 planets, but every 1000 years the seal would weaken and a portion of the profound darkness's pure hatred would escape, forming a Dark Falz. This cycle continued until the profound darkness was defeated in PSIV. In addition to this, as seen in Phantasy Star III (as well as PSO), a Dark Falz that is not truly defeated will resurrect itself every 1000 years. The Dark Falz that escaped the Algol star system on the world ship that PSIII takes place on is one of these.

PSO takes place in an entirely different system, but the ship that its Dark Falz is sealed in was originally supposed to have Searen (from PSIII) on it before he was cut for time. So at least during development PSO's Dark Falz was meant to be the one from PSIII. The fact that the year in PSO (though with a similar yet different calendar prefix) is exactly 1000 years after PSIII supports this.

However, as a whole, the PSO saga kind of did its own thing. Sega stated in the Episode 3/4 art book that they currently treat the overall story as its own thing, but not necessarily its own continuity. They say that left it open for fans to interpret. They offer the PSIII -> PSO connection as the most likely/popular one, but say that fans could interpret the 3-planet seal from PSO as being the Gurhal system as well. Or that Rappies being on many planets connect them (...). But judging from the great light and profound darkness being mentioned in PSO2, I'm fairly sure that the first option is most likely.

On the subject of PSO2 taking place in the same universe, Sakai stated that it's its own self-contained story arc, but that he'd like fans to consider it part of the same universe.

On the subject of PSO:

In PSO, the inhabitants of the planet Coral discover a meteorite from Ragol containing D-Cells, which are later found out to be what Dark Falz (the one sealed in the PSO ruins ship at any rate) is made up of. D-Cells are used to create Mags and photon mirages (the PB summons). These experiments are part of the MOTHER project, which is continued on Ragol. The purpose is to create a superior kind of existence, one that can solve their planet's environmental crisis (the reason the Pioneer project was started.)

D-Cells are used in PSO to create the altered beast type enemies and the dark type enemies, as well as Olga Flow. Rupika also contains some D-Cells and is used to make the weapon/monster in Episode 4. At the end of Episode 3, all D-Cells on Ragol are wiped out. However, it's important to note that there may still be some on Coral.

On Phantasy Star Zero:
    This brings us to PS0! In this game, civilization on Coral has been decimated and forced underground due to Mother Trinity, the presumed result of Coral's MOTHER project. Frustrated with society constantly ignoring every solution she developed, a Dark Falz of some sort took advantage or this and ended up driving her insane. She wiped out most of the surface life with photon noise and poison gas. In PS0 she and Dark Falz are defeated, but as usual Dark Falz is said to revive again and again. This Dark Falz's origin is never explained, but it can be easily speculated to be a result of the D-Cells used to start the MOTHER project. Perhaps it's an offshoot of PSO's DF's cells? Who knows. In any case, this is the last we hear about the Ragol/Coral story arc.

On PSU:
    PSU is never stated to be in the same continuity, and all levels and items from PSO are stated to be from a different dimension. There is a bonus fan service quest in PSP2 Infinity that has a cross-over, but it's not canon. At the end of Infinity though, the Gurhal system's Dark Falz is sealed away on a ship. However, the ship resembles Pioneer 2 and the interior looks nothing like the PSO ruins ship. It's most likely just a nod to PSO the same way most of the plot is a nod to the original series.

So where does PSO2 fit into all of this?
    PSO2's initial trailer contains the phrases "stirrings of the profound darkness" and "Why is the great light no longer with us?" along with the possibly-related "Unforseen consequences of the final battle." This could suggest that PSO's profound darkness is the same as the one in PSIV, and somehow survived or resurrected. But it could easily be its own separate thing as well. In PSO2, there are 4 Dark Falz that we know of. The first is the one that was sealed away 40 years ago and now is possessing Gettemhart, Dark Falz Elder. After defeating Elder we find out from the cutscene that there are 3 more: Apprentice, Double, and the masked man, a "new face" called Persona. Since Elder doesn't recognize Persona, we can infer that he was born within the past 40 years at some point.

There's more about Apprentice, its host, the events 10 years ago that changed Zeno/Gettem, Shion, Matoi, the 3 Dark Falz types mentioned in the teaser trailer, and the great light but I'll spare those details for a different post if any of you want me to post them. This post is way too long already.
    Last edited by King_Rappy; Jan 6, 2013 at 04:33 AM.