Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ROLO View Post
    that is a very sad thing -_______- lol!
    It's easy. Private servers aren't allowed period technically. Sega could get the servers down any time they want cause it violates the ToS and such. If they really wanted they could sue off the hosts.

Thing is, they don't, someone tried to get that server down once by reporting it to Sega which took no action at all lol.

Either way due to it being against the ToS and such and other stuff, PSO-World doesn't want to get in any trouble so they simply forbid spreading info and such about the private servers. You can't talk directly about it either iirc.

More info can be read here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72843

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I hunted it from 2003 until about 2007. Didn't find it, killed thousands of Gi Gue, got PD'd over 20 times.

Good luck

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Thanks and that must have sucked if i ever obtain it (if i can even find the time to play) ill let everyone know =^.^=

Death Dealer

I wonder if you have a SJS the non legit way.. Is it possible to unseal it the legit way or no? legit being the 23k kills. is it 12k or 23k kills...

The only 1 that can be unsealed is legit with 23k enemies killed
    Slayer of Falz

Quote Originally Posted by Cedo View Post
    I wonder if you have a SJS the non legit way.. Is it possible to unseal it the legit way or no? legit being the 23k kills. is it 12k or 23k kills...
    Unless you use Action Replay to hack one with a kill counter any unlegit SJS can't be unsealed because the kill counter doesn't work when made in any other way then Action Replay as far I know.

Also its 23k kills, keep in mind killing a group in one swing or even with techs counts as 1 kill.

Celestial Manager~
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I'll try to shed a little light on the whole "counter thing." I'll do my best to stay within the bounds of PSOW rules against explaining "hacks/exploits" so I can't get as specific as I'd like, but you should get the gist of it

The myth that a Sealed J-Sword has to be created/modded/hacked with a counter is simply that, a myth lol. If you leave that area of the item code as zeroes (0's) the counter will be created after your first kill (same as what happens on the majority of legit drops.) The area of the code where the kill counter is created is the area that would normally host a third enemy % (ie. Native, Altered Beast etc.) The code for the counter is specific and consists of 2 bytes of data. The first byte obviously starts at 1 (or rather 01) after you kill your first enemy. The second byte however always starts at 80. So for killing one monster the code for that area is 01 80. The first byte will keep increasing until it hits FF (which is 255 in hexadecimal.) Your 256th kill resets the first byte to 00 and increases the second byte to 81, so your 256th kill would read 00 81.

A small correction to what Ce'Nedra posted is that killing a group of enemies does count as multiple kills. So if your kill counter is at 10 and you kill four Boomas in one swing, your kill counter will now be 14. Likewise, if your kill counter is at 10 and you Rafoie four Boomas at once, your kill counter will increase to 14.

Hope that made sense

Totally forgot to mention an interesting little tidbit lol. This pertains to "legit" Sealed J-Swords (those dropped by Gi Gue's.) On most drops the counter is created when you kill your first enemy, however on some drops the counter is already in place and actually gives you a free kill or two before you even equip it (or tek it.) You don't get many free kills (the most I've seen is 4) but I found that interesting.
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Mar 12, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

I never played with a counter up and running to see what works but I always heard that killing a group just counts as one kill. I heard that it was the same for Blue Bursts Limiters and Excaliburs.

Intresting to know, but it still feels like an eternity. I also heard that a SJS doesnt always start with 0 kills but can also start at any random number like 1023 kills or 8384 kills or something. It's just rumors I heard.

Celestial Manager~

I did a larger sampling of 30 dropped SJS and here was the breakdown in terms of the counter.

(26) 00 00 (means counter was not already in place when it dropped.)
    (2) 04 80 (counter created on drop and had 4 kills already showing.)
    (1) 02 80 (counter created on drop and had 2 kills already showing.)
    (1) 01 80 (counter created on drop and had 1 kill already showing.)

The SJS that did not have a counter on drop, immediately created one on the first kill (changing the code from 00 00 to 01 80.) The SJS that had the counter on drop with 4 kills showing all went to 5 when I killed 1 enemy and the rest of course followed in that logical progression (2 went to 3 and 1 went to 2.)

Because of the way the game keeps track of kills, I'm guessing someone saw the two bytes and figured that was the actual number of kills. For example, the code 04 80 means that the kill counter is at 4, however if someone saw that and thought that it was the actual kill number in hexadecimal then they would think (incorrectly) that the SJS started off with 1152 kills (which is the decimal equivalent of the hex number 480 (04 80.)

I should have some time this weekend to check out some of the other weapons that have counters on them to see if they follow a similar format.

**UPDATE** I don't know the exact number YET, but I can confirm that it definitely takes less than 23,000 kills. I created a SJS that starts with 22784 kills and as soon as I equipped it, the USE function was immediately available I'm at work atm (slow day in the IT Dept. and yes I do actually get work done lol) but when I get home I can create a small video to post.

Converted to Tsumikiri J-Sword

Created another Sealed J-Sword:

Use option available immediately after equipping
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Mar 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

To pro to use anything else but a Bravace, 4 monomates, a frame and a mag?

But thats rather intresting, it might be indeed that where I got the info the people thought it was Hex value and thats why they think SJS drop with a random kill counter. I'd like to see more on this.

Celestial Manager~