Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    Kind of missing the point. It's a complete shit system that AC can't even guarantee success in. From a F2P standpoint, it's a terribly done system. Payer and non-payer alike have to deal with how stupid it is.
    This is sort of going to go off into a tangent, but Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is basically the same thing. You either play the game for credits to buy booster packs, or pay real money to get booster packs. You're not paying for guarantees, you're just trading money for less time spent.

This system is actually great for SEGA because they know people will buy AC even when results are not guaranteed. It doesn't really matter that you're not getting a guarantee to them. Someone will buy it.

Disclaimer: I don't -like- the system. Just giving a reason for why it ain't gonna change.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Grinding in this game is basically one of the shittiest things to ever exist in any game, honestly. The risk:reward ratio is horrendous. It's all a ploy to try and coerce the players into buying AC, like everything else in this game.

Failing your grinding too much? Well, if you buy some AC, you can try the scratch drawings* for items to help you grind your weapons!

Can't get good drops? Well, if you buy some AC, you can try the scratch drawings* for some items to help increase the drop rates!

Found a good weapon in an element you don't need? Well, if you buy some AC, you can try the scratch drawings* for some items to change your weapon's element!

Bored of your character's clothes? Well, if you buy some AC, you can try the scratch drawings* for some new outfits!

*not guaranteed

It's pretty obvious what SEGA's doing with this game's F2P model, specifically. Making every aspect the game as unforgiving as possible to make desperate players utilize the cash shop.
    Not to be confused with defending it, but I've seen and played worse. At least stuff doesn't permanently break.

Though it's sad when a game's system makes me miss Champions Online's Questionite system. And I hate Questionite.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    best fanart
    It's not art

It's a fangame made using one of those RPG Maker programs

It's an adult game though so I won't show too much/anything nsfw

ill be honest i prefered jp psi's gc system atleast you could just spend gc to make sure it was 8/10 and 40% and you could just out right pay gc to change element this spin the ac scratch to get chance at making grinding easier etc etc is utter bull.
    ★☆F i g h t e r f o r l i f e☆★
    GT:VictoriX VII

Quote Originally Posted by Hc4 View Post
    I grind a few things to 10 each day and go through a stack or two of -1 grind protects a week, I'd say this is average for me although sometimes if wonders off. Once I get it to +8 I start using the grind protectors.

7* weapons an average of 50-100 grinders. Cost around 500k - 1.5mill.
    8* weapons an average of 100-200 grinders. Cost around 2 - 4mill.
    9* weapons an average of 150-300 grinders. Cost around 3 - 5mill.
    this sound about right in my experience,
    and usually for 10* it would require grind protector (full) which cost 1 mil per attempt, so the cost become more varied. but by average, it will require around 300 grinders to get to +9, then after that throw in a few full protector will yield a +10.
    So totally it is 5 mil + 2-3 protector (full) as the cost.

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

I hate this system but hated PSU's system more in just about every way possible

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

So....

I just lost 200 grinders going from +8

to +3

I was simply trying to settle with +9

But by the time I spent 100 grinders, the struggle was trying to get to +8 again.

On top of the 10 mil worth of grinders added up from the past.

I-is this weapon broken or something...? I don't understand...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    I hate this system but hated PSU's system more in just about every way possible
    Vanilla PSU yes but I preferred AotI's over all of them

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seany1990 View Post
    Vanilla PSU yes but I preferred AotI's over all of them
    so you liked your weapons breaking so they can never ever become good ever? or are you talking about the JP version where you pay to win?

This "at least it doesn't break" system is literally the worst thing I've seen the PS community say. As though, somehow, it makes everything good.

No. They are both bad. Stop it. You are not helping, you're just going to make Sega think this shit's fine. Better by comparison does not mean good, and that's if it even actually IS better by comparison. I have yet to see numbers demonstrating less time spent grinding for money is required on average.

I ground a latria rain without failures, but before that I needed 301 attempts to grind up a noise blower. This is not okay. If it was PSU's sytem and the item broke, I'd just buy another one and try again.

The only time it's okay to say "at least it doesn't break" is when we're talking about items so rare getting another is simply not happening - something like the psycho wand.