Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y

Default Pokemon X & Y

The next gen Pokemon game just got announced literally 5 mins ago. Pokemon X & Y on the 3DS, full 3D too woot!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Here ya go
    Become the fence that protects Rachel. Always help her, treat her kindly, and approach her 'pretending to be a friend'. But, always remember. Never give her sympathy. Don't think of her as a friend. So that one day, you will be able to turn your back on her cries when told to do so. Detest her. Because she is the girl who killed my most precious friend. -Koon from ToG

Woohoo!! ^▽^
    RED brings back memories.

The talk about the history of Pokemon makes me feel old. XD I am so picking the fire starter.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULLY 3D

AND ROLLER BLADES

/obsessed with videogames having rollerblades.

wait NEXT october? D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

I'm kinda meh on the graphics. Almost looks like the DS can do those graphics.

I am looking forward to these games though. Really like the starter designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    I'm kinda meh on the graphics. Almost looks like the DS can do those graphics.

I am looking forward to these games though. Really like the starter designs.
    It's not so much the graphics but...

the camera angle just screams "yeah you still move in a grid with a static camera so it may as well be the DS games with a slightly lowered angle"

If you can make better than PS2 graphics on the 3DS with a game like Dream Drop Distance... Then they can make the world look a little more... smoother than that...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I love Pokemon as much as the next guy, but I really thought they'd be done after Black & White 2. I mean, they had fucking garbage bag and chandelier Pokemon. That tells you that they are out of ideas. So, something tells me the new gen of monsters is going to be completely retarded. The three starters already look extremely uninteresting and have a boring design.

I'll keep my eye on all this, though.

After a pile of slime that evolves into a slightly larger pile of slime in the first gen and then a pokeball with eyes that flipped over there's really no room to say the first gen was better than B&W's gen.

R&S and P&D, though, man those pastels were really off-putting to me. I played pearl for 3 days and hated it so much I literally forgot I had it. Found it in a box last year.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    After a pile of slime that evolves into a slightly larger pile of slime in the first gen and then a pokeball with eyes that flipped over there's really no room to say the first gen was better than B&W's gen.
    I never said Gen 1 was better. I just said that once you start using household objects and other really mundane, everyday shit for Pokemon designs, there's an issue (for me).

Also, I found Black and White's coloration really boring. Especially, once again, the Pokemon. Most of them are either brown, gray, purple, or some other drab and/or discolored palette. I found Ruby & Sapphire to be the the most vibrant and exotic, and hence why it's my favorite Generation.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jan 8, 2013 at 08:05 AM.