Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

::scratches head::

umm do you wanna be friends with everyone you meet? Some people just ain't compatible

Oh and everybody is not secretly judging you. Most of them are too busy worrying about being judged themselves.

Spend less time blaming others and making excuses. Once you find yourself and what you want to be and you start being yourself instead of some idyllic persona, people will find you. If you want something, work towards it.

I won't lie, it feels delicious to hurt those who once hurt you. I've exacted revenge upon people who betrayed me before, and it felt good. But, it's still not worth it. It ends up making a bigger mess than anything else, and makes your true friends think much less of you.

Like everyone else said, ignoring them and keeping true to your own path is the best revenge you can get. I used to be obsessed with what people thought of me, and tried to please everyone. Now, I don't care. There are many who don't like me for the silliest of reasons (or, even no reason), but that will happen to any and everyone.

As for the loneliness part, I've always been a big proprietor of the "fuck other people and enjoy your own company" clause, but lately I've been feeling more and more empty with no one to hang out with. Weekends come and go and all I do is stay home while other people go have fun with friends. It's starting to get old, but I know there's pretty much no way I can change it due to crippling anxiety issues. I'm finally starting to bud out of my 'miserable hermit' phase, but where to go from here, I don't know. I forgot how to make friends, since I haven't made a (physical) friend in probably seven years at least, and I always think to myself "I'm a huge fucking freak, no one is gonna wanna be my friend, anyway. I'm weird." So, I'm somewhat with you there.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jan 25, 2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    It's more or less, popular people that are bringing me down..if I rid the world of them, I'd have a chance.. It's jealously I guess. And angry that I lie to myself everyday that I'm ok being alone. Then I go to a block and see a group of people chatting and enjoying each other and I just die inside and immediately leave.

You can say I'm per-emptively causing this on myself or whatever.. but I have no where else to go and no other options but my anger. I have to live with the fact that I'm perhaps judged in secrecy without them even bothering to get to know me better. I can make a list here of people I wish I could be friends with but it's not gonna happen. As a matter of fact if you find yourself quoted by me frequently, and it's not me being against you that's me reaching out to you. I have subtle ways of trying to change my life for the better. In PSO2 I was ok for awhile when I met my friend popuri. Then she disappeared. Funny cause she did say she worried what would happen to me if she had to stop playing. Even funnier when we ran together, the friends she made didn't bother befriending me. It was like I was invisible. I think some of them were annoyed that I was always with her. She was.. a good friend. A type of friend I was looking for.

A type of person that seems to appear in my life every few years... So who's next and when..?

Friend... I'm starting to hate that word..

I don't like opening up like this and it's not even everything. I don't like always having to be in a damn shell in the forums, and I know what will happen should I come out of it, cause what's keeping me in it is there to begin with. I don't fit in here, but I am here simply cause I'm an oldie =/

*sigh* I have said multiple versions of this. . . .throughout the years. this is useless man. . . .
    As someone who doesn't make close friends easily (let's just say that the few people I felt close with ended hurting me someway, some in a small way, others in a not so small way, maybe I was unlucky the few times I let my defenses down, but past is past, not going to say anything more than that) I guess I can understand what you're saying, but, thinking that you're lieing to yourself when you say that you're okay with being alone is not going to do any good to you.

Of course being alone is not as fun as having close friends, but it's also not too bad either.
    I think the best thing you can do is try to think more about the positive things in your life than the negative things, try to do more things that you have fun doing, try to avoid things that make you feel unhappy.

In real life I tend to be a loner (I'm really no good at socializing), but trying as much as I can to look at life in a positive way, doing things that I enjoy, while I'm not really sure I can say that I'm happy, one thing I can say for sure, I don't feel unhappy. Alot of times I actually appreciate the time that I have for myself.

In-game (PSO2), I have a few friends there, and I hang out in the lobby in block 20 (ship 2) alot, occasionally randomly talking with whoever happens to be there, and sometimes I just act silly with random lobby actions, without worrying about what others may think or not think of me.

Hmm, I'm not really good at giving advice about this type of things, but hope this is useful somehow...
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jan 26, 2013 at 01:57 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Trust me being alone isn't fun and I spent alot of my time playing PSU too much. The people I met on that game were just "acquaintances" but I enjoyed hanging out and learning the game instead of soloing. I enjoyed soloing but the game was a little better when you had someone to play it with. I didn't like it when some people I met disappeared on me and I had a stupid way of getting upset about it and will admit that I didn't act appropriately about it. I'll admit it was my fault and they should be upset with me. Apologizing probably wouldn't help but I feel as I got some guilt off of my chest regardless of still being hated or resented for my temper or attitude.
    Defeating depressing is really hard and its been pretty tough after psu shut down. I also learned some pretty hard lessons about life, friendship and betrayal. Plotting revenge against the people who hurt you isn't wise; stooping to their level is just as foolish and I had to learn that the hard way when I was backstabbed over a girl I tried to go out with and learned she choose to go out with someone else who decided to rub his life in my face by bully me. All the arguing accomplished nothing and just made me bitter about the whole mess. The fact that I am treated as a the bad guy still pissed me off and makes me wonder what I did wrong when I didn't do anything.
    All I can say is its best to just enjoy your hobbies because they compensate and keep you out of trouble. That's how I look it.
    Last edited by Noblewine; Jan 27, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

..I really wish I could come back to my topics like this to post that things have gotten up and up. But they haven't. Only a change in mentality.

What hurt the most is when my co-worker, who I considered to be my closest friend, just stop talking to me after her met his new wife, he only talks to her, and throughout most of the night at work if he can get away with it. The guy totally flipped the script. And I have to deal with this silence every day at work, it is not easy to cope with. We used to talk about EVERYTHING and I never had to "chase him down". I tried and tried to initiate conversations with him but he's just unresponsive for the most part. My number 1 rule I always follow no matter what is never ignore people, but I hate it to the core when someone ignores me, especially when I did not a damn thing wrong. Or I guess he was just waiting for his life to get awesome, so he can drop the guy with the only thing going good for him in his life is his job. I guess he forgot, how his ex wife walked out on him for some chump in north carolina, and I was there when he was crying his ass off. Geez I even went to his damn house to keep him company. This fucking angers me.

Ahem...

One night it bothered me to the point of quitting cause I dont wont to work with him anymore, to which I had to call my mom, hell I had to talk to somebody before I did something stupid.

She changed my mentality. I have to be my own best friend. If people will "nut up" on me one day, there is always one person that's there for me..and that's me.

Edit: I'll tell you what my mom told me shortly after she gave me a hug: "It'll be alright. Don't like others stank ways bring you down. things will get better". I am slightly hopeful. Her life crashed when she was in her 30s and things didn't get better until her mid 40s. Perhaps Im going down the same road. Either way, I'll survive this.
    Last edited by Mystil; Apr 5, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

Reclusive, indefinitely. RLbitClassica's Avatar

I've been in(still am?) in the same boat as you. Constantly depressed, no friends and no hope for things to get better. In truth, most of those things still bother me now, I've just learned to put up with them. One thing that has happened to me that significantly improved my life is moving out of my parents house. Despite the fact that I'm a social mess and have no real reasons for living, there was a morale boost once I had taken that first step. Now I was free. Things still suck, but I have the freedom to make whatever choices I want to make in life. This is something that has really helped me. From one of your previous posts, I take it that you still live with your mom, yes? If so, I suggest that you move out as soon as it's a viable option and you can afford it. I think you will find that life does get at least a little better.
    When life gives you lemons, suck on them.