Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default A few questions, and build help.

Ok so hi, I just started playing pso 2 yesterday, but have played PSO for many an hour. I already knew jumping into this that I was going to make a FO/TE, and have been doing quite a bit of looking about at various thoughts for builds and whatnot, as I am very particular with this sort of thing.

I haven't seen much talk about barta FO, just foie and zonde. Issue being, I want to roll barta, and I was curious to whether or not freeze ignite is actually a viable thing? (worth getting to 10). Also for TE, I wanted to roll a light/dark hybrid. Grabbing light only for the resta increase, and, if poison ignite is also viable, grabbing that and pp convert. Basically creating a nukey controller.

Here's a link for my current thought process:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...O7dI2IkmsJ0007

I have a couple more questions: I like cards, I just enjoy the idea of fighting with cards as opposed to rods and such, and was a fan of them in pso, but they were generally weaker than their rod counterparts, what are the current pros and cons of using them in pso2? And also, CO SP, as it says there in the build simulator, comes from where exactly? How soon can it be obtained? I'm assuming it's from maybe quests or something, further explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind that I enjoy using ice spells as my specialty, and am not really wanting to roam in any other direction. Also I would prefer to keep dark, unless it's absolute crap then I'm fine with going pure light. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by octave View Post
    Keep in mind that I enjoy using ice spells as my specialty, and am not really wanting to roam in any other direction. Also I would prefer to keep dark, unless it's absolute crap then I'm fine with going pure light.
    Thanks in advance for all your help.
    This is the optimal skilltree for the Ice-focused playstyle you outlined.

As for your other questions:
    - Freeze Ignition is awful; Poison Ignition gets only slightly more utility.
    - Talis are still weaker than rods or wands.
    Pros: Techs are cast from the card, rather than yourself.
    Cons: Techs are cast from the card, rather than yourself.
    -SP quests are available at 35 & 45, each requires a certain # of boss kills.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Dextro; Jan 30, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

I haven't seen much talk about barta FO,
    Hah!
    Issue being, I want to roll barta
    Oh my
    I was curious to whether or not freeze ignite is actually a viable thing
    No.
    Also for TE, I wanted to roll a light/dark hybrid. Grabbing light only for the resta increase, and, if poison ignite is also viable, grabbing that and pp convert. Basically creating a nukey controller.
    Poison Ignite is in every way better than Freeze Ignite. It is still not viable.

Here's a link for my current thought process:
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...O7dI2IkmsJ0007
    Oh no. No this will not do. Not at all. Here is my Ice Build. Yes, built specifically for Barta techs (and Dark).

See, maxed Photon Flare and its Advance is +400 T-Atk. That's not even equal to your base at lv50, and doesn't match your weapon either (which can easily be more). If it doubled your total T-Atk, it would only be a 25% increase on average because it's only active 30sec out of 2min. So it's more like an 8-10% increase.

PP Charge revival will give you back 5PP every time you charge an Ice tech, or 7 with max PP Restorate, or a crazy amount with PP Convert (exactly 21 with lv10 PPR and lv3 PPC).

Tech Charge Advance(s) and Tech JA Advance will give all your techs 133% damage altogether. Much more than Photon Flare and the extra 4% you get going from lv1 to lv5 Ice Mastery.

As for Resta Advance, it's not really worth it. You'll get fully healed in a single cast anyway, so that extra 30 or so HP per tick won't save you. If you want me to explain my other Techer tree choices, just ask.

I have a couple more questions: I like cards, I just enjoy the idea of fighting with cards as opposed to rods and such, and was a fan of them in pso, but they were generally weaker than their rod counterparts, what are the current pros and cons of using them in pso2?
    Yeah, they're weaker. Their best use is for hitting the backs of enemies while in front of them, as that can often be a weak point, or casting area techs at a distance that are normally centered around the caster. They take some getting used to, since you'll likely cast a buff or heal way off in the distance by accident, and you can usually cover half the distance of the card on foot anyway so its not as useful as you might think.

And also, CO SP, as it says there in the build simulator, comes from where exactly? How soon can it be obtained? I'm assuming it's from maybe quests or something, further explanation would be greatly appreciated.
    At lv30 and 45, you unlock a Client Order that rewards 5SP for that class. Every class gets their own.

So grab wand gear. Boost damage of charged abilities out the ass, don't worry about ignition, and one point into bolt...?

Also, 65/60. I'm sure there's a reason for this, what is it?

I'm really sad about ignition being a failure. It seems like such a spiffy concept.
    Ship 2: Octave: New FO.

@ Unlucky.

I like how your ice build has no ice.

Ok so. Basically everything in every other tree is better than anything in the ice tree? It looks as if you just grab all the PP restore abilities and then do whatever abilities you want. Which isn't bad, I suppose.

Man, I'm so disappointed.

The Tech JA and Tech Charge 1 and 2 increases damage for techs overall. I follow a similar build to his and my ice techs damage rivals my wind and lightning tech damage.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Right yes, lv55 cap

The tree builder only goes up to 50 (old level cap) so you can get up to 65 points now.

I'm not even joking about that, the ice tree is really bad, even for ice techs. Also the first point in an elemental mastery skill is 5%, so it's generally worth it.

Edit: Also you can totally go with Poison Ignition if you really want. Just I'd suggest getting Element Weak Hit instead since you've got three main elements to switch between.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jan 30, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Right yes, lv55 cap

The tree builder only goes up to 50 (old level cap) so you can get up to 65 points now.

I'm not even joking about that, the ice tree is really bad, even for ice techs. Also the first point in an elemental mastery skill is 5%, so it's generally worth it.
    (should have clicked the link first)

Thanks for your help, this is extremely useful, and I would have been pissed had I not came here first.

So grab wand gear. Boost damage of charged abilities out the ass, don't worry about ignition, and one point into bolt...?

Also, 65/60. I'm sure there's a reason for this, what is it?

I'm really sad about ignition being a failure. It seems like such a spiffy concept.
    You don't have to take wand gear if you don't want to. I just assume you'll only have 1 tree on each class, so you may as well get it.

The first point into Bolt mastery boosts it by 5%, you can remove it and put into Just Reversal if you want, it's your call.

The level cap is 55, the 10 additional SP comes from quests.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |