Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Anyone else play Bubble Bobble? It wasn't my "first" video game, but it was the one that really left my with the most memories. My friends and I would play that game for hours.

Yeah, i have played Bubble Bobble. I borrowed that through one of my big sisters friends when i were really little.

The music can get on your nerves, but it had alot of level variety and bubble combos you could make. I remember getting scared of the time-out ghost, haha

Also, more great classics i borrowed were Adventure Island 2 & Adventure of Lolo 2.
    Spoiler!

Adventure Island 2 is seriously a great plattformer i could replay over and over.
    Lolo 2 being a fun puzzle game that i also jumped whenever i got hit by a medusa head and seing Lolo making faces and his death sound.
    Last edited by darkante; Feb 19, 2013 at 09:59 AM.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Super Mario 2 on the NES and after all these years the console and game still are in perfect condition *sniff*

On the PC it would be a tie between Diablo 1 or Red Alert 1, not sure when I played first.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Of course it was Super Mario Brothers for the Famicom.
    I ate cereal as my bro played it.

Though when i was 5 i got lost in an arcade in Florida because of Bubble Bobble.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Remember it? I still have it, and it still works like a charm too. The Sears version of the Video Pinball (Model C-380) machine. Been on loan to my brother for awhile now, but he's moving so I'm taking care of it again so it doesn't go into storage.

It has a super-long video out cable so that the whole system can fit on your lap. Came with Pinball I & II, Pinpaddle I & II, Basketball, Breakaway, & Breakout.

It's not really my generation though, and it's not like I have any really fond memories of it. I just remember having all of my cousins from my aunt come over and they'd play it with my older brother. I usually just sat in front of the TV with my sister and watched them... but occasionally got to play a few rounds when they wanted to see how awesome they were compared to little kids. My fond memories and greater influences came from the generation of the TI 99/4A (Parsec, MunchMan, Hunt the Wampus, Qbert, DonkeyKong), 386 PC (King's Quest, Countdown, Commander Keen, Quest for Glory, A10 Tank Killer, Leisure Suit Larry), and the Sega Master System (Fantasy Zone II, Phantasy Star, OutRun, Ghostbusters).

Still, it was my first video gaming experience.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Feb 18, 2013 at 01:55 AM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Anyone else play Bubble Bobble? It wasn't my "first" video game, but it was the one that really left my with the most memories. My friends and I would play that game for hours.
    *Raises hand* I loved playing this game I never go to see the ending though. The final boss was impossible. =/
    The music was my favorite thing about the game other than the gameplay.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

The first game that I had? Math Blaster. First 'non-educational' title? Sim City 2000 I think. That would've been, what, 16 years ago or more now. I was 12 when I got my first game system, a GameBoy Color with Tetris DX and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. I got into games late compared to my peers. I spent more time wandering around in the woods than playing games to be honest.

From what I can remember, I can attribute my start as a gamer to two different events:

- I received an original Game Boy as a gift when I was young. The game? Home Alone 2. Ugh. Luckily, I also got Tetris, which is now one of my favorite games of all time, along with many of its various spin-offs, like Planet Puzzle League. Then later on down the line, Pokemon happened (and oddly enough, Pokemon Puzzle League, which I still play on an emulator).

- Some of my cousins had a NES and/or a Sega Genesis, and I remember watching them play things like the Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge, Tecmo Bowl, Sonic, etc. For some reason I ended up liking Sonic a lot, and my folks got me a Genesis and eventually, just about every Sonic game that was on it. I remember even getting the Sega CD and 32X add-ons just so I could play Sonic CD and Knuckles' Chaotix... yeah, that Knuckles' Chaotix, lol. I also had a subscription to some of the comics for a while.

After that, I took a huge liking in the N64, and gradually got into series like Mario, Zelda, Rare's stuff (back when they were good, lol), as well as some of the then "old" SNES games that are now considered classics. At the time, I didn't have a SNES, but later on, I got to experience Super Mario World, Donkey Kong, etc. from my friends... as well as Tetris Attack. Ohhhhh, do I love me some Tetris Attack, lol... well, now it's Puzzle League, since technically games with "Tetris" in the title have to actually involve the iconic 4-block pieces... ANYWAY...

While that was going on, one of my cousins brought his Playstation with him while we were visiting our grandma's house, and it was there that I was exposed to Final Fantasy VII, and (at the time), how awesome all the cutscenes and things looked. YAY I LIKE FF NAO STILL NEED TO PLAY SOME OF THE OLDER ONEZ.

Then Gamecube came along, and my friends in school got me into PSO! YAAAAAAAAAAY

And then PSU! BOOOOOOOOOO

And now PC gaming and MMORPG's and things like Minecraft! YAAAAAAAAY WHERE DID MY LIFE GO.

*EDIT* - I also remember playing The Oregon Trail and Word/Number Munchers back in school, and a weird tank/capture-the-flag style game called Spectre on one of my dad's old Mac computers he had at work.
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Feb 18, 2013 at 05:31 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Something in an Atari 2600, perhaps that 2 players "snake" game where you had to make the opponent hit your or his/her trail or the wall to win.

Delsaber's Punchingbag kurisu1974's Avatar

1st game I remember playing is either Impossible Mission on Commodore 64 or The Ninja on Sega Master System. Long, long time ago....
    Last edited by kurisu1974; Feb 19, 2013 at 02:58 AM.