Default Anyone still have an untouched Blue Burst install laying around?

Hello all,

I've recently been trying to get a more complete game script from the PSO games. My last hurdle really is Episode 2 of Blue Burst, and it a very minor part of the script.

In a vanilla installation of PSO Blue Burst (and one transferred over from the Japanese client), NOL Rinale speaks 'Engrish'. A few other people around the lab do as well.

How do you do? I'm NOL
    It is adopted by extraordinary staff collection of a lab by about that I also came here recently.
    You and newcomer?
    It is working here!
    Although engaged in a journalist's job an aversion wants to discern the truth of an occurence that itselves are very faced with a pioneer's 2 information management organization.
    A few other examples:

Does a tune say very much? I want to do my best at this tune. Giving Please take care not to save a step.

The transmission equipment to
    surface of the earth is installed here.

Hello! VR system of the lab which that
    it is in the inner part of this gate
    is not crossing to the governor-general's office or the army, either.
    The default install of PSOBB in the US also had this error. While the US Servers were still up, the file was eventually patched and corrected, but I have long since lost this file.

While I'm really hoping for a miracle here, I am trying to find someone who either has an updated and untouched (meaning, before any private server mods) PSOBB installation, a typed out script, or a video of these encounters. Perhaps there's an old Hard Drive laying around with the install on it?

Please PM me if you still have an unaltered US Blue Burst installation.
    Last edited by Getintothegame; Feb 16, 2013 at 07:36 PM.

Why don't you grab a modified instalation, open the dialog files and paste the engrish text?

Try this download from gamespot
    http://www.gamespot.com/phantasy-sta...lient-6124396/

Note to everyone:
    While placing a download for music is not allowed, the download for the entire game is allowed
    Does this make sense? no, it's just PSO-world logic in action

Quote Originally Posted by DC_PLAYER View Post
    Note to everyone:
    While placing a download for music is not allowed, the download for the entire game is allowed
    Does this make sense? no, it's just PSO-world logic in action
    Funny, maybe. But hardly fair, if not plainly wrong.

That was what i was told, in order to download game music pso-world staff think it's best to download the entire game instead.
    I received a warning because of that.

Also, PSO-World takes the position that distributing the Blue Burst music files independent of the executable is a rules violation. Just simply recommend that the user find a copy of the executable and extract it manually.
    So, next time you want to share pso music, don't forget to add the 500Mb installer to it, yes, you will download songs twice but hey, that's pso-world.

Back on topic, I appreciate your help DC_PLAYER, but all of the PSOBB installers have the mistranslated files attached to them. This includes the 'beta' PSOBB installer and the Japanese PSOBB releases, including Episode 4's separate release disc. I didn't check, but I'd imagine would be the same in the Chinese client install as well.

It was fixed upon installing and patching the game. It placed files map_labo_on_e.bin and map_labo_on_e_u.bin into the /data/ folder. These are the binary files that the PSOBB client read from to place and give text to the NPCs around Pioneer 2's Lab.

what?
    the download i made avaiable didn't have the files you wanted?

files placed in the data folder overwrite the ones in the data.gsl, so your files should still be there in the data.gsl.
    Another way to overcome the patching is simply by patching the game, deleting the changes and then enter whatever area you want.
    Example: at char select screen simply delete whatever changes were done, then select your char (i recomend window mode for this)

NVM, wrong files. I remember having a directory of the BB files on one of my numerous discs from many years ago that I never bothered to label lol. If I come across the correct files, I'll post them.
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Feb 18, 2013 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
    NVM, wrong files. I remember having a directory of the BB files on one of my numerous discs from many years ago that I never bothered to label lol. If I come across the correct files, I'll post them.
    Thank you very much for looking, Violet. I think that I did the same thing as well. Not labeling disks: bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_PLAYER View Post
    what?
    the download i made avaiable didn't have the files you wanted?
    Your post is correct, but the files in the data.gsl folder are the incorrectly translated files. As mentioned, the updated files replaced the labo files inside the data.gsl. SEGA quickly patched it (likely during our beta). The file used on "other places" are what I believe are fan translated, as the other text is left translated incorrectly.

Also, if worse comes to absolute worst, it is reiterated in a few quests why she has transferred. Take this for example:

Remember me? I'm the journalist, Nol Renale. Thank you for taking me to Ragol. That experience on Ragol really changed my life! I realized that there are some truths that are better left undiscovered. But it's also important to face them. That's the harsh truth of reality. I realize I need to find the truth for myself, not necessarily for others. And my journalistic pursuit helped me realize this. With my keen writing skills, I was able to get hired at the Lab. I don't have to sneak into the city anymore. I'll keep working until I reach my goal! Well, that's enough about me... I just started this job at the Lab.
    Last edited by Getintothegame; Feb 25, 2013 at 06:25 AM.