Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast

I don't think petitioning will help much. Sega only cares about money (unfortunately for us), and as far as revenue sources are concerned the western PC version of the game is pretty far down on the list.

BITCHES DONT KNOW BOUT MY 'RURU KNUCKLES X3 Merumeru's Avatar

X3 I'm unfortunately aboard with the naysayers; petitions are great for expressing that there is a plentiful demand for something; but that's not the motivation SoA needs to get things rolling XP just can't hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by ghosttr View Post
    I don't think petitioning will help much. Sega only cares about money (unfortunately for us), and as far as revenue sources are concerned the western PC version of the game is pretty far down on the list.
    That's kind of exactly the thing though. There are likely thousands of people from over 70 countries playing on the Japanese server. That's a huge population of people going out of their way to play a game not available in their own region. Sega could probably make a huge sum of money if they actually followed up and supported an international release too. For the players as well, translations help, but I'm pretty sure people would like to be able to buy AC directly, have weapons names in English, and not have to repatch the game every update. What pisses me off is that Sega definitely has the capacity to release this game abroad, and get ample profits for doing so. But for what ever reason they're just not.

let the speculation begin wwww

Phantasy Star Online 2 Closed Beta
    Start Date: April 24 2013
    End Date: May 8 2013

Phantasy Star Online 2 Open Beta
    Start Date: May 22 2013
    End Date: June 19 2013

Phantasy Star Online 2 Full Release
    Start Date: June 26 2013
    huehueuhe

uncle at sega ect

P.layer K.iller K.iller Alucadra's Avatar

April 3rd. Since bugs have been worked out with the load of content we'll get... since we'll probably be behind AGAIN!... Anything later and I'm occupying Sega of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    That's kind of exactly the thing though. There are likely thousands of people from over 70 countries playing on the Japanese server. That's a huge population of people going out of their way to play a game not available in their own region. Sega could probably make a huge sum of money if they actually followed up and supported an international release too. For the players as well, translations help, but I'm pretty sure people would like to be able to buy AC directly, have weapons names in English, and not have to repatch the game every update. What pisses me off is that Sega definitely has the capacity to release this game abroad, and get ample profits for doing so. But for what ever reason they're just not.
    And have you forgotten that a large chunk of these players will still prefer playing JP because of SEGAs proven lack of ability to keep up with updates? Just because there are English speaking players doesn't mean the deman for an English server is high.

Nothing outweighs the swathes of players they're looking to market to who have never heard of PS in the first place.

They're in the F2P market now. The fans no longer matter.

The business model is 100% about getting people to play for a month, pay 40 bucks because "it's still cheaper than a regular game!" and ragequit or buy a booster when they get RNG-blocked for the first time then quit, but not before having told all their friends how much fun the game is in normal mode. When the market is saturated they'll either make PSO3 or actually fix shit.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Nothing outweighs the swathes of players they're looking to market to who have never heard of PS in the first place.

They're in the F2P market now. The fans no longer matter.

The business model is 100% about getting people to play for a month, pay 40 bucks because "it's still cheaper than a regular game!" and ragequit or buy a booster when they get RNG-blocked for the first time then quit, but not before having told all their friends how much fun the game is in normal mode. When the market is saturated they'll either make PSO3 or actually fix shit.
    PSO3.
    Because we want to go through this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagedtaytay View Post
    PSO3.
    Because we want to go through this again.
    Yet it's exactly what gamers at large are doing - enormous numbers of gamers jump from one F2P game to the next every time one releases and drop 5-30 bucks on it, then go to a new one when the current one stops being fun and they get to the real meat of the game. The real meat of the game being, of course, cash grab mechanics. But they fail to realize that in paying them smidgens of cash in such large numbers they're directly promoting this BS tactic.

It's like if ubisoft's DRM was actually successful despite every single gamer hating it. Imagine if there was a 5 dollar DLC to disable the DRM, on top of the base cost, and almost every player bought it. Companies would be tripping over eachother trying to implement an identical system to get some of that sweet, sweet effortless profit. "So all we do is put in another few more lines of code, and we up our profits by HOW MUCH?"

That is F2P.

I think the problem most of you have is that you assume that SEGA has rational motivations that can be deduced/assumed. For instance, so many people seem to think that SEGA is motivated by making money, or listening to the fans or some other such rational goal. They're not.

No one really knows what motivates them to do what they do. It's almost like they have a dart board of random actions on the wall they use to pick their next move. They so often take every action possible to ensure their products will be commercial failures. Sometimes they will try their best to appease their fans, and then immediately turn around and ignore them, and then turn around intentionally screw them over and piss them off, only to go back to trying to please.

tl;dr version. SEGA makes no sense, stop trying to make sense of SEGA.