Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I use fp that annoy friends in my group just for entertainment purposes. Other than that, I mostly solo and take target partner for co.

I like to bring those kind of FPs along to make a point and be annoying at the same time. I'd just get sick of my own character spewing 100 phrases a mission.

I make it a point to use ALL of my friends on my list who are at my same level. Since the game matches their levels to mine, it makes it all the easy to get them all for whatever mission that needs to be done. those that fall below my level for a week's time tend not to be chosen until I've exhausted the list of same-level Friend Partners.

People take time to add me on their friends list, so I make it a point to let them know that I appreciate it. A quick use of their Friend Partner allows me to do that without a lengthy email. And they get FUN points to boot.

It doesn't really matter what they have to contribute as Friend Partner. If that friend is currently offline and/or unavailable to party with, my default response is to just add their NPC.
    I only go solo if the game doesn't allow me the partner option.
    Last edited by luca_maygrinn; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: forgot a phrase.
    "Become the change that you wish for in this world!"

When I'm using friend partners for FUN only: The highest leveled characters, without regard to class since they're mostly useless anyway.

When I'm done FUN Farming- switch to npcs.

Assuming that I've achieved the "Clear 100 times with ___ NPC" titles for each partner, i'd' either go with:
    Revelle, klotho and Marlu (Sexy voices <3)
    OR
    2 Rangers + a Force.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

I used to use Marlu and Echo, but now I use my alts. I find that Forces are the most useful partners by far - healing, buffing, AOE and ranged with splash. I'm under the impression that melee and gun-based partners spend too much time pointlessly strafing and using regular attacks.

I have two high level Force alts configured for support and casting spells with splash damage effects (RaFoie, Megid). I've recently been experimenting with using "Lonely" instead of "Tsundere", in conjunction with area-of-effect spells that have elemental effects such as freeze, or RaFoie to keep enemies in hit stun. These kinds of secondary effects are far more useful than pitiful damage.

One of my Forces is a Ranger main, so I've set their subclass to Ranger to have them use Weak Bullet occasionally. Only useful when there isn't another Ranger, of course. I don't have them use Zondeel because it often pulls enemies away from carefully aimed attacks. Megiverse can also be useful at times, since the AI doesn't always heal when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Important note: people, remove Zondeel
    WHAT.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    WHAT.
    I can actually see where he's coming from. Having npcs vacume up all the mobs while you're in the middle of using melee PAs and then having them wiff sounds annoying.

I'm certainly not as adamant about it as he is though.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    [...] seeing an auto-word for every attack, PA, code occurrence, code completion, heal, support, and damage taken is excruciatingly obnoxious.
    This.
    No one gives a shit about RPing to begin with, let alone when summoning an AI.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    WHAT.
    Zondeel is THE most hindering technique a party can suffer, it's even worse when it's not a real human player using it.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

It would be nice if we could script a little bit for our NPCs so that they could use Zondeel effectively. Only on a rare occasion does my Karyna as an NPC actually ignite it with a zonde. Just a little bit of FFXII linking of attacks would be nice. Zondeel -> Zonde/Gizonde 100% would be perfect.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

I invite anything that can use WB randomly >_>

And lol at Zoldeel complaining. It's not that bad, really.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.