Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

still using it for long time since it released , really help alot situation despite how limited google translate is

thanks for the work
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

well, seems update to ngs broke it ... thanks for the work so far

This program was amazing~✰ My friend used it all the time, and you could even watch the chat from the salon.
    It's too bad it doesn't work in NGS, but it seems to still work in PSO2 classic...(´。Ó △ Ò。 `)⁾⁾

Thank you for all the hard work~(´。> ω <。`)^
    Next time you're in an EQ, try saying something like "Let's do our best." --I'm sure it'll make someone very happy. (´。= ω =。`)

Wink Workaround for New Genesis

considering the ChatLog structures still identical but this translator only listen to /log folder, you can create a symbolic link to /log_ngs using FileMenuTools

1. Install FileMenuTools https://www.lopesoft.com/index.php/e...filemenu-tools

2. Go to C:\Users\user\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

3. Create Symlink by right click and select filemenutools submenu

4. On symbolic target, make sure it's named log

5. Once you finish, you should be able to see log folder with a tiny shortcut-like icon

6. Restart the translator. you're done

aaand it still works

tl;dr
    Code:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\log_ngs -> C:\Users\username\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\log

--

p.s: AFAIK you can't create ordinary shortcut since it has different workflow in win32api. good lord windows still has symlink (which i thought it was only for UNIX-like)

I also noticed that NGS mostly have faster conversation flow (maybe if you're in crowded Block), and the translator will bypass them / and marked as [Untranslated]. this might the case when you need your own APIkey (but i haven't tried to use my APIkey yet) because the default key got rate-limited by google

If anyone have the source code please share it lel, these days we can use DeepL to translate with better average quality than google translate

I am providing this great software a free support. poke me on discord Reanbell#3988 since I don't really logged in in this forum much, I'll help whenever I am free
    Last edited by quickasker; Jun 20, 2021 at 02:08 AM. Reason: add some note
    Is coffee good for you?

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    considering the ChatLog structures still identical but this translator only listen to /log folder, you can create a symbolic link to /log_ngs using FileMenuTools

1. Install FileMenuTools https://www.lopesoft.com/index.php/e...filemenu-tools

2. Go to C:\Users\user\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

3. Create Symlink by right click and select filemenutools submenu
    missed part :

2.5 : if there's already log folder (cause it created by default), rename or move it away

i've been so confused why i cant create log symlink till i realised symlink and real folder cant together in same place when i try move the log symlink into same folder with log folder

Version 1.8 of PSO2 Chat Translator has been released!

Please check the first post to get the latest download links. The changelog is below.

Version 1.8 (June 26, 2021):

• Added support for Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis. You can choose which game to translate from the "Options" window.
    • Added support for the DeepL translation API (https://www.deepl.com). An API key is required to use this service, but a free subscription is available.

Cheers,
    Tanerinn.

Why does this program and installer seem to trigger windows security so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMegamiSensei View Post
    Why does this program and installer seem to trigger windows security so badly?
    The installer was created using an older version of Advanced Installer, which may explain why there were more false positives for it. I've updated it to a newer version and re-uploaded the installer.

v1.8 of the chat translator itself (not the installer) originally had a detection by Microsoft Defender, but I manually reported this to Microsoft as a false positive detection, they reviewed the file, and determined it was not malware. The instructions given by Microsoft were:

Analyst comments:
    We have removed the detection. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detection and obtain the latest malware definitions.
    1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
    2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
    3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"
    Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

Quote Originally Posted by Tanerinn View Post
    The installer was created using an older version of Advanced Installer, which may explain why there were more false positives for it. I've updated it to a newer version and re-uploaded the installer.

v1.8 of the chat translator itself (not the installer) originally had a detection by Microsoft Defender, but I manually reported this to Microsoft as a false positive detection, they reviewed the file, and determined it was not malware. The instructions given by Microsoft were:
    Thanks for the response. This morning myself and a few others were getting prompts to scan and restart due to the installer location specifically so it probably was just that.

Thank you for update, imo DeepL translation are better to read
    Is coffee good for you?