Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Awesome job. Thanks! Will definitely put to use.

Nice idea. Good job!

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

GOODJOB! something actually useful here!

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Only thing I'm curious about is a lot of japanese players will "slang" or speak in shortened speak, so I'm wondering if google translate is smart enough to pick that up or if it just comes out scrambled.

Since it's google translate, I think it is good enough, better than nothing. Awesome job!

Does this also translate events and messages for the game itself that end up in your chat box?
    Can't we all just get along?

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and great suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Nice, I was thinking something that would do exactly this would be possible. Thanks for making this!

I would imagine it would be simple to make one for the other logs as well, right? So you can see exactly what item you picked up, sent to storage, or won from a scratch card.
    It should also be possible to add support for the other logs too, which is something I'll consider adding in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberNei View Post
    This tool translates chat log in real time, am i right? There was a similar one for PSUJP. Pretty much useful thing.

One for PSU also had translations for things like picked up items too. (Though for this it was not using google, but some psu item database)
    Yes you're correct in that it translates the log in real time. As above, I'll consider adding support for the other log files including showing the items that were picked up, although I might have to rely on Google Translate for the translations unless there's a PSO2 database somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kkow View Post
    is there any way you can have it output raw text?
    As Klypto said, what do you mean by this? Do you mean you'd like it to output a translated chat log file alongside the original files?

Quote Originally Posted by Grady219 View Post
    I've got a suggestion. You could maybe add font choices to it.
    Done, will be available in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    Okay, this is very nice, but the font is really tiny. I play at a significant distance from my screens (about three metres), I cannot see the font at all.

A font choice, maybe, but what this nice tool sincerely needs is a font size option.
    Also done, and will be available in the next version!

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    I was thinking about doing this myself as well, since essen's PSUJP translator was so awesome. But alas, lazyness.

Downloading immediately, ありがとう!
    Thanks! I wasn't aware that a similar program had been made for PSU (I'm pretty new to the Phantasy Star series!).

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    For future release- possibly an "always on top" option, along with a transparency slider- I use 3rd party tools to have your program on top of PSO2, right above the normal chat. However, I can't seem to make it transparent.

Just a thought.
    Always on top will be added in the next version, although transparency is slightly harder so it might take a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Only thing I'm curious about is a lot of japanese players will "slang" or speak in shortened speak, so I'm wondering if google translate is smart enough to pick that up or if it just comes out scrambled.
    Although a lot of translated messages are still difficult to comprehend, overall it works very well to get the basic meaning across. The custom translations section of the options dialog allows you to define your own translations, which you could use to set up better translations of slang terms (although at present it will only work on exact matches).

Quote Originally Posted by skyly View Post
    Does this also translate events and messages for the game itself that end up in your chat box?
    Unfortunately it can't translate the event notifications nor other messages outside of the four main chat channels (public, party, team and whisper), as the other messages don't get written to the chat log. Messages from NPCs in the main chat channels aren't written to the chat log either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanerinn View Post
    Always on top will be added in the next version, although transparency is slightly harder so it might take a bit longer.
    You might have to dance with gameguard to get it in any of the fullscreen modes.
    Klypto - Ship 02

Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

How do you get chat logging enabled!? Im stuck at this part

nvm! working! new problem how can i have chat and game in same window!? windows 7 here. I want the chat translator beside chat but if i click on game it just goes into background
    Last edited by DoubleCannon; Feb 26, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
    The Creator of Syncesta!

Would it be possible to get it to show the text as Romaji?
    I see that on google translate, I can put "お疲れ様でしたー!" and click on the "Show Phonetically" button, and below the box it'll display "Otsukaresamadeshita ̄ !"

I don't really need this feature myself, but I have friends who only know random Japanese from anime and such, so they can't actually read any kana at all. (Well, I lied. One of them has seen よろしく so many times they actually can read that...)
    But since they'll know what "Otsukare" means, if they can just read that, they can figure out what it means themselves.

I figure that for those who can understand at least some of the basic communication could use this, as "-were cheers for good work!" sounds pretty awkward.
    And putting a rule for all different forms of a word can be tedious (and sometimes you just don't know what kind of slang the players would put)

Of course, I suggest this as a toggle. And probably not the default setting
    (Like how you can have the names normal, or transliterated)
    (Make the text Google Translate, or Phonetical Readings)

Another suggestion would be;
    Is it possible to make a field on there where you can type something in english, and have google translate return to you their Japanese translation?

Pretty much, for instead of keeping a google translate webpage open, and alt tabbing to that to attempt a half-baked Japanese Chat;
    I was wondering if your program could just support something like that.
    (To expand on this, perhaps make it automatically add the Japanese translation to your clipboard, so you don't even have to Ctrl+C? Lol.)

I don't know much about coding however, so if this is incredibly hard/time consuming (or impossible?), then simply ignore this request.

----

Otherwise, I came to say good job with this, I can definitely see this as being handy.

I'd like to second the suggestions of:
    Always on top + Transparency
    More Font Choices
    Reading the ActionLog as well. (I think this should be either in another tab, or a sister-program. Something so it doesn't flood the chat window with "Found 34 meseta"