Page 103 of 117 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1163

It's generally a good idea to get both masteries for your main element. It often makes it the best choice against any enemy, even if they aren't weak to it.

Wind is a bit of an exception, though, since it means you can't get Element Weak Hit, PP Convert, and Territory Burst all at the same time. You don't really need PPC with wind techs, especially with the Efficient Sazan recipe, but it's really helpful for other elements.

Though if you don't have multiple skill trees to switch between for every planet, you won't be able to get the most out of EWH and single element builds.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

What do you think of this skill tree build? Where should I put the left over SPs?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...ib00009b000008

I will be using a rod (talis in some cases). Main elements are Ice and Wind. I sacrificed the FO's Tech JA Advance because I think it's a waste to put that much SP in lightning if my main is Ice and in order to max out my Ice's damage.

I also sacrificed TE's PP Convert since I don't think I'll need it and I don't really use dark techs (Is that bad?)

I'm also kind of iffy on the Elemental Weak Point since I'll only be using two skills. Do you think I should just put the SP on other skills instead?

All kinds of feedback are welcome.

EDIT: Which skills does Territory Burst affect? Some says it affects Sazan while others say it doesn't, which is it?
    Last edited by shots28; Feb 2, 2014 at 07:45 PM.

Definitely max Talis Tech Bonus, it's a pretty huge bonus for techs best used from a talis (Zondeel, Rabarta) and still useful for techs that are the same no matter what you cast it from (Sazan).

It's true you lose a lot of SP just for Tech JA, though it's a lot less useful than Fire's branch. For an Ice tree, consider T-Atk High Up since it's close by. You might have to drop some Freeze Keep and PF Boost, or just keep them wherever you feel comfortable (they don't have to be maxed, each point is a linear bonus).

I really like PPC, but again, you can't get everything with a Wind tree. PPR helps a lot since it's always active, and unless you spam a lot of quick-charge techs (fire, crafted recipes) then PP shouldn't be much of a problem. Either hit a lot of enemies with one swing/throw, or switch to a gunslash (gun mode) for quick regen from a distance.

EWH is great when it does take effect, but Wind and Ice aren't common weaknesses. It's still a good skill to have, especially since it's so close to PPR, and it's really the only way to further improve your damage with your chosen elements. If you wanted to completely drop the Light branch, you could get PPC and some Dark Mastery if you'd like (or maxed Territory Burst) though I wouldn't recommend that.

TB affects all support techs. Basically the ones that cast a non-damaging field, though Zondeel does count for it. Shifta/Deband, Resta/Anti, Zanverse/Megiverse as well. Similarly Territory PP Save only works for the mentioned techs.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Thank you very much for your fast and helpful feedback.

In the end, this is the skill tree that I feel comfortable with:
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib000008

For my Fo, I followed your recommendation of getting T-Attack High and Talis Tech Bonus.

For Te, I left it unfinished. I could either go max EWH or PPC. I'll try and see which one I need the most.

Thanks once again.

I saw some mention of a Photon Flare build in another thread, and since I have a Motav (FO/FI) and a Siren Glass Hammer (TE/FO) I was wondering if there's any worth to using such a build, and what advantage and disavantages it would bring.

On another note, I have an alt who is just reaching level 50, specifically a RA/BR. I'm just looking for some advice on the following:
    • If I choose to focus on Katana for the BR side, but I want Weak Stance for boosting Rifle and Weak Bullet damage, what might be a good tree build to use?
    • As with the first question, I want to use Katanas, but still be able to use good rifles and launchers. Should I focus my mag into pure dex, or mix dex with R or S Atk?

Photon Flare build would basically go straight for T-Atk High Up. Don't put anything extra into PF since it's not worth it. The majority of its potency will come from Motav's potential, the rest should go into Talis Tech Bonus, Masteries, and Tech Charge as per usual.

For Ra/Br, I wouldn't recommend it. Ra/Hu and Br/Hu are way stronger and without cumbersome restrictions. Also no rifle PA counts as charged, so you can't even get the full bonus from your stances.

If you absolutely must be Ra/Br, then perhaps a build like this would do. I must stress that even with WS, your ranged weapons won't be as powerful as other classes, and your katana will be really weak since Ranger skills don't affect them (plus you don't have all the katana skills maxed).

For the mag, 125/50 R-Atk and Dex should let you equip any 10* Rifle/Launcher and any crafted Katana (for multi-class).
    PSO2 Trivia:

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Photon Flare build would basically go straight for T-Atk High Up. Don't put anything extra into PF since it's not worth it. The majority of its potency will come from Motav's potential, the rest should go into Talis Tech Bonus, Masteries, and Tech Charge as per usual.
    So, given this skill tree...

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...000000Ib000008

...what else would be recommended to fill in for my FO/FI? Should I go for Tech JA Advance, or boost my Fire/Ice Masteries (I main Fire/Ice/Light on this character)? Should I even bother with PF Advance? What would be good to use the excess points on Fighter on?

Also, should I max out the latent of my Motav?

What about for my TE/FO? Would going for the latent on the Siren Glass Hammer be worth the time? My current tree looks like this if I recall correct:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...k00000lb000008

...so I'll need to rework the FO tree with a reset ticket and drop Tech JA Advance temporarily. Likewise, if I do go for a PF build, should I max out the latent on the Siren Glass hammer?

For Ra/Br, I wouldn't recommend it. Ra/Hu and Br/Hu are way stronger and without cumbersome restrictions. Also no rifle PA counts as charged, so you can't even get the full bonus from your stances.

If you absolutely must be Ra/Br, then perhaps a build like this would do. I must stress that even with WS, your ranged weapons won't be as powerful as other classes, and your katana will be really weak since Ranger skills don't affect them (plus you don't have all the katana skills maxed).

For the mag, 125/50 R-Atk and Dex should let you equip any 10* Rifle/Launcher and any crafted Katana (for multi-class).
    Noted. I'm aware that the build isn't going to max either RA or BR; I'm building a PSO1 Shino-ish replica (Katanas + Rifle/Launcher). Anyway, the alt also has HU partly worked on, so I can always change over to RA/HU if I really need power.

Might it be better to drop Average S Charge and Critical to finish up the Katana Skills like so?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dncKsNJ2l20000

Fo/Fi: T-Atk High up is accessible since you're using an Ice build, and if you'll use both Fire/Ice then try a split build like this. Put a point in the second Mastery for the elements you're using, and fill up the first. Don't know why you have PP Up, though, not to mention Dagger Gear and maxing Step Advance.

Te/Fo: Do you have a separate tree for this? Then try a pure Dark build, though Wind (Zan+Sazan) is a good choice too.

For the latents, it's your call if you care about 50 (Siren) or 70 (Motav) T-Atk for grinding to +10 twice more.

Ra/Br: Well, Average Stance can be active all the time, but the other skills can't. Either way, they're the only source of damage for your katana. If you only switch to the katana when Combat is ready, then it would make sense to max the related skills, though I'd sooner drop Weak Stance for that.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Fo/Fi: T-Atk High up is accessible since you're using an Ice build, and if you'll use both Fire/Ice then try a split build like this. Put a point in the second Mastery for the elements you're using, and fill up the first. Don't know why you have PP Up, though, not to mention Dagger Gear and maxing Step Advance.
    Ah. Wasn't sure what you meant by T-Atk High up at first. That's new. I use daggers as a side weapon on this character. It's mostly for the aesthetics, and Saraband / Orchestra do pretty decent damage anyway. I take it that maxing step attack is no longer recommended?

Did I put excess points into PP up? That was probably a mistake.

Te/Fo: Do you have a separate tree for this? Then try a pure Dark build, though Wind (Zan+Sazan) is a good choice too.
    I may swap out the PP Convert back to Wand Gear - I quite like mobbing with that and plan to try for Wand Lovers / Reactor as more SP becomes available. This character uses a full palette of elemental wands (Laconium, Adaman, Zumiuran, Windmill) and that AQ wand that looks like a sword, with Siren as the wand on slot one. I wanted to see if a PF build would boost her Na Megid even more.

Will try this build out.

Ra/Br: Well, Average Stance can be active all the time, but the other skills can't. Either way, they're the only source of damage for your katana. If you only switch to the katana when Combat is ready, then it would make sense to max the related skills, though I'd sooner drop Weak Stance for that.
    I was considering that, and using the last WB hit from the rifle to boost a Weak Stance, KC boosted katana frenzy. I have a lot of skill tree reset passes anyway, so I'll experiment with that.

maxing step advance was never recommended
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!