Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    They really don't want to do the smart thing and just remove the exp nerf do they :/
    Well the idea behind the exp penalty is to prevent powerleveling, though you're already locked out of later areas based on your current level, and joining certain VH quests right at lv40 punishes you, even if, no, especially if you're soloing. Lv50 mobs in the brand new area you just unlocked? Nope, go back to Hard mode, kid, you'll get better exp there. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    It's basically allowing premium users to trade 10 stars.
    Worth noting is you absolutely need premium to do this, not just a shop license. I fucking called it. And you can't even trade or sell them the normal way.

So people were asking for 10* trading to be part of premium, and now that it is, people are complaining it's going to be part of premium.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????

pso-w at its finest

(PS: You're not locked out of certain areas at levels anymore. All normal has no restriction, all hard has 20, all VH has 40.)

Yeah, but the exp penalty is still set up as if those restrictions were there. It's essentially still heavily discouraging you from later areas instead of outright banning you.

You still can't join a room with lv50 mobs as a lv1 for fast levels, so why can't you join a VH room at lv40 without being punished for doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    So people were asking for 10* trading to be part of premium, and now that it is, people are complaining it's going to be part of premium.

pso-w at its finest
    Different people have different opinions?

Personally I'm fine with it requiring premium, now it all depends on how the trading system will work.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    You still can't join a room with lv50 mobs as a lv1 for fast levels, so why can't you join a VH room at lv40 without being punished for doing so?
    I don't like the exp penalty too and I think a penalty should only start if an enemy is like 10 levels or higher than the player, but, it's not like there's only VH areas with lvl 50 enemies, there's VH areas with enemies below lvl 45 too.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Feb 28, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

pso-w at its finest

(PS: You're not locked out of certain areas at levels anymore. All normal has no restriction, all hard has 20, all VH has 40.)
    The highlight is that not everyone wanted it.

Of course, many were saying free players should get it. They are to be completely ignored.

Me, I wanted it and I'm happy about it - if you can use premium's player-trading without an additional cost. I have a lot of items I'd trade 1:1 with other items, numerous friends have found things I'm hunting for and v.v.

If they REALLY go with a market-only and/or sacrificial 10* system...fuck no. Just fuck no. I really don't think there would be a sacrificial 10* thing, it's probably just poor wording on their part, but...good god that would be terrible. Maybe they intentionally worded it ambiguously to get feedback so they can go "yeah that's what we meant all along!" when they side with the players. It wouldn't be their first time doing exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I don't like the exp penalty too and I think a penalty should only start if an enemy is like 10 levels or higher than the player, but, it's not like there's only VH areas with lvl 50 enemies, there's VH areas with enemies below lvl 45 too.
    VH ranges from like 42-56 or whatever AQs can reach (with a requirement of 45 I believe).

The level requirements being reduced to 40 for all VH areas just sets players up for unneeded frustration since it seems to promote quick progression but then impedes it due to the level gap and exp penalty.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

What about Hunter Balance Changes?

We’ll buff hunters in the following ways.
    Increase the effectiveness of Guard Stance
    Increase the effectiveness of Fury Stance
    Warcry users will take priority as the target
    I really don't see a change. The stances are pretty pointless right now, so I guess them having bigger numbers would be alright. And that warcry thing, how is that different?

You should allow us to reset our skill trees when you add or make changes to skills.
    Whenever skills are added and major skills are changed, we will distribute skill tree reset items.
    Since we will address this in a future update, we ask that you wait a while.
    Oh sweet jesus yes. This sounds magical.

I want you to increase the EXP you acquire when there’s a large gap in enemy levels.
    We will raise the minimum amount of reduced EXP you acquire when there’s a large difference in enemy levels.
    Considering how easy normal is when you have a high level mag and subclass, and considering you can go up to lv30 areas on normal, this is pretty nice news.

I want you to reduce the risk when failing a grind.
    We will reduce the chances of risk when failing a grind.
    Ah... huh. Thanks. This is really, really nice. I'm still using 5*s simply because 10*s are so difficult to grind.

pso-w at its finest

LOOOOOOOL i don't get these guys. I honestly welcome it since you have to be PREMIUM to even TRADE anything. 10* trading sounds like a trade deal after all (offer a 10* to get a different one) instead of just purchasing one with meseta from the player shop like other people were saying. As for the exp penalty they just don't want people to reach the cap so fast they stop playing because there is nothing else to do. Maybe when the level cap reaches 100 or so they will remove it completly?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    I really don't see a change. The stances are pretty pointless right now, so I guess them having bigger numbers would be alright. And that warcry thing, how is that different?
    Warcry gives the user increased hate gain for a duration. It doesn't attract mobs to the user on its own, so it still relies on pure DPS. I expect that to change with this update.

Oh sweet jesus yes. This sounds magical.
    Waiting for the catch.

Ah... huh. Thanks. This is really, really nice. I'm still using 5*s simply because 10*s are so difficult to grind.
    Watch the risk rate increase "but at least you won't lose 3 grinds each time!" No, you just lose 2 a lot more often.

Quote Originally Posted by TehblackUchiha View Post
    As for the exp penalty they just don't want people to reach the cap so fast they stop playing because there is nothing else to do. Maybe when the level cap reaches 100 or so they will remove it completly?
    Or they unlock all the areas by lv42 and anything they want to do gives them worse returns than older areas, then they quit before ever reaching the level cap.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

So...I will be able to sell 10* items for other 10* items?

But only those with premium can buy it?