Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 Japanese, English, and Vita version compatibility question.

I have a question regarding compatibility between games. As we all know the Japanese version for PSO2 is out, and they have yet to release the English version, yet have released a Vita version of the game.

My question is if I download the Japanese PC game, could I use the account or character(s) there in the English version when it comes out? Could I transfer them to the Vita version as well?

Or in another scenario, if I got the Vita version, could i transfer the character(s) from there to the PC English version when it comes out??

At the end of it all, all us English speakers can admit that in terms of actually understanding the game best, we need to use the English version. But I want to know if i spend godly amounts of time on the Japanese version, will it all be worth it?

Thankyou much, would love a response,... I'll give u sugar

Quote Originally Posted by GaronThe7th View Post
    I have a question regarding compatibility between games. As we all know the Japanese version for PSO2 is out, and they have yet to release the English version, yet have released a Vita version of the game.

My question is if I download the Japanese PC game, could I use the account or character(s) there in the English version when it comes out? Could I transfer them to the Vita version as well?

Or in another scenario, if I got the Vita version, could i transfer the character(s) from there to the PC English version when it comes out??

At the end of it all, all us English speakers can admit that in terms of actually understanding the game best, we need to use the English version. But I want to know if i spend godly amounts of time on the Japanese version, will it all be worth it?

Thankyou much, would love a response,... I'll give u sugar
    The current version is the same as the Japanese version on the PC with some content locked to each, but with server sharing for both.
    So it is not likely to allow transfer of different language version.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

You may be able to use the same account though, however the two games would be two different services so you wouldn't get to keep your character.

I'm curious what even gives people an inkling of hope or curiousity in the idea that you can transfer your characters from the JP version to the US version....I mean has there EVER been ANY foreign game that once finally localized did this that makes people think its possible? I haven't heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm curious what even gives people an inkling of hope or curiousity in the idea that you can transfer your characters from the JP version to the US version....I mean has there EVER been ANY foreign game that once finally localized did this that makes people think its possible? I haven't heard of it.
    It's like a unicorn~
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

If when game is launched outside Japan , servers were the same for everyone , I do not see why you could not share the ID

But this is SEGA , and as usually they ll probably will split by region the servers ( to save money, of course )

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    It's like a unicorn~
    As in it only appears for female virgins?

It's not just Sega, any game that has multiple region releases is locked to that region.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by ANATAL View Post
    If when game is launched outside Japan , servers were the same for everyone , I do not see why you could not share the ID

But this is SEGA , and as usually they ll probably will split by region the servers ( to save money, of course )
    They've already announced that the servers will be separate.

If the game is the same , the servers themselves and the company that publishes it the same , no explanation

I know that is what usually happens with MMOs , but usually because they are launched by foreign companies outside Japan

SEGA made the game , SEGA will publish the game , so is simply to save money ( or annoy , or all at once )