Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vita version... Kind of a big deal

If anyone is looking at the overall block population from the block changing elevator... It seems like SEGA has hit a huge mark with the Vita version with PSO2.

As I am posting this now: from block 201 to 218, every block is full with block population pretty high on all other blocks.

The only other vita game is Persona, and this is free. Anyone with a Vita is pretty much playing this game because it's new and interesting.

Even the vita-exclusive blocks are reasonably full. Most people in the shared blocks are PC players hoping for a Chrome encounter.

Yep, Ship 2 - ALL Vita Blocks and ALL shared blocks 100%, with a couple with full premium as well.

Kind of silly, lol. At least I can still log on since I have premium. o/

The Phantasy Star Portable series (all installments) was an unprecedented success in Japan. All releases topped the best-selling charts in Japan in their first week release.
    PSO2 in Japan rides high within the 20-30~ age group (independent buying power) in Japan based on PSO nostalgia.
    Portable gaming has a much bigger appeal/audience in Japan.
    The Vita's library is kind of weak at the moment. Let alone F2P Online Action RPGs.
    It's free to download. IIRC PSPo2 had something like 89% download vs 11% physical copy sales (and even then it sold over 3/4 of its first JP shipment).
    There is no version of Monster Hunter on the Vita yet.
    Some might say the game isn't that bad.

This was kind of predictable. The success of the Vita version will really dictate the future of this game. You better pray that the Vita players QQ smartly enough about silly design choices to influence Sakai! Besides, why do you think the first post-Vita release scratch is what it is?

But yeah a lot of blocks are clogged with PC players trying to leech a Chrome flag.

They made the blocks smaller so you think there is more people , but they just hold less
    This happened during the beta lag

Quote Originally Posted by TheAstarion View Post
    The only other vita game is Persona, and this is free. Anyone with a Vita is pretty much playing this game because it's new and interesting.
    ...What. Maybe for the US, but Japan have quite a few games chartered to the audience for Vita. Especially that other game that was release on the same day.
    Last edited by Alenoir; Mar 3, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kierto View Post
    Besides, why do you think the first post-Vita release scratch is what it is?
    Because panties on PSP2 were not HD enough?

I really hope they address some constant issues the vita version has so far, like the inevitable lag on full MPAs, where you can lag to the point that causes bad synchs between what's happening to you and other players screens which may provoke you to disconnect because the system cant even keep up with the massive load of information a full MPA generates. Hell, I even got an error message after the game kicked me out (the vita itself prompted a message that the game had an error going on)...is that supposed to happen on a definite release?
    Last edited by Crysteon; Mar 3, 2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Perso...! Wait...wrong game.

It was pretty empty when I was playing the other day, unless something changed big time between then and now. I only saw 3 places full on the vita and rest just below quarter, I will say this game does play really nicely on the vita.

Quote Originally Posted by rezakon View Post
    It was pretty empty when I was playing the other day, unless something changed big time between then and now. I only saw 3 places full on the vita and rest just below quarter, I will say this game does play really nicely on the vita.
    Which ship do you plan on?

Ship 1 is full, so they locked character creation, Ship 2 is also pretty full.
    Time is also an issue, which region are you in?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by eharima View Post
    They made the blocks smaller so you think there is more people , but they just hold less
    This happened during the beta lag
    Even if it is smaller and you say half of every shared block is pc. That's still a massive showing from vita and probably gives us between 50-75% more players(optimistically).
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1