Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Drop rates in PSO2

How realistic is to farm for specific items in PSO2, typically drops from rares or bosses?

I feel like I could throw a few hours at it in the first PSO and see results. In this game it all feels more difficult and more random.

I'm currently farming for Ikutachi off of rock bears and have killed about 50 rock bears and haven't seen any of the 4 rares they drop.

My favorite aspect of PSO1 was feeling like farming was worthwhile. Not sure if drops are just really low in this (under 1% drop) or if I should blame RNG more.

Not too realistic Imo. I've been killing hard mode rock bears (lv31+) since hard mode was even released. I'm now lv55 in 4 classes and have yet to find one Ikutachi (*8 sword from the rockbear), much less the Yasminkov 9000M (*10 mechs) which drops from rogbelt.

EDIT:
    Wow, I just looked at the drops of rockbear and realized he's NEVER dropped any of those for me except his rock bear fists.
    Last edited by Coatl; Mar 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Not too realistic Imo. I've been killing hard mode rock bears (lv31+) since hard was even out. I'm now lv55 and have yet to find one Ikutachi (*9 sword from the rockbear), much less the Yasminkov 9000M (*10 mechs).
    That is terribly depressing and honestly makes me not want to play as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitora View Post
    How realistic is to farm for specific items in PSO2, typically drops from rares or bosses?

I feel like I could throw a few hours at it in the first PSO and see results. In this game it all feels more difficult and more random.

I'm currently farming for Ikutachi off of rock bears and have killed about 50 rock bears and haven't seen any of the 4 rares they drop.

My favorite aspect of PSO1 was feeling like farming was worthwhile. Not sure if drops are just really low in this (under 1% drop) or if I should blame RNG more.
    If it's any idea how rare things are, of the 2,000+ gwanahdas I killed in very hard (including rare ones), only 9 rares dropped.

Six of the rares were from hard mode.

Your looking at weeks on average, for even a common boss drop. Since very-hard was released, I've killed 263 rockbears, seen 22 rogbelts and had 2 rockbear knuckles drop and 2 rockbear room decorations (one of each from a rogbelt).

Another example is I've killed countless gwanadha's in hard/very hard and the only rare I've gotten from them is a twilight rune :3

The drops are really, really, low. I wouldn't be shocked if they were 0.1% or even less (Rare bosses included), just gotta keep farming and pray rng rolls in your favour sooner rather then later
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

But wutzie my friend got Gwana saber on his first nero!
    It's obvs the rates are fine you just gotta farm more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    The drops are really, really, low. I wouldn't be shocked if they were 0.1% or even less (Rare bosses included), just gotta keep farming and pray rng rolls in your favour sooner rather then later
    See, if I'm fighting a Hunar or a rare enemy that never spawns, the drops should be no less than 0.5-1%

Don't worry about rares. No, seriously. Just don't worry about them. They are nice to have, but you don't need them. Which is a good mentality to have, because you more than likely won't find one. The ikutachi is buyable, and you can trade it in for a *10. You are better off running TAs and farming 5mil and buying it than trying to find it yourself.

Unless you really want a 10*.

In which case...God help you, because if you've got 3 friends odds are very much against you finding it first. Shit, if you've got ONE friend odds are against you finding it first - because you want it.

The RNG is self-aware, man. It knows what you want.