Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What exactly is the reason for them to not take the credit cards? All they are doing is making the web money merchants richer. People would probably buy more AC if there wasn't any mark up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopop View Post
    What exactly is the reason for them to not take the credit cards? All they are doing is making the web money merchants richer. People would probably buy more AC if there wasn't any mark up.
    Something to do with their systems not taking any money from the cards used. Around launch for the game, people were effectively getting free AC if they used a foreign card to make purchases.

The same happened last time as well. I made an AC purchase only to never be charged for it.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopop View Post
    It has more to do with the Japanese bank.
    As purchase made to Japanese merchant, Dlsite, Sega(Origionally) the payment aren't processed immediately, and tend to get processed till the end of the month.
    What happened was apprantly, some people once they realize this, buy a bunch of AC, then tell their bank that their card was stolen, as the payment isn't processed till end of month, Sega never got the fund.
    Aka. Not worth the trouble to work with it.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Relevant to this thread: My account management page is now in English. No google translate or anything.

I am utterly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Relevant to this thread: My account management page is now in English. No google translate or anything.

I am utterly confused.

It could be like Google, changing itself to suit your system language setting, like mine is in Japanese or Chinese depending if I'm on my desktop or lapto.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

When google translates like that, though, it's still in pretty broken Engrish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post

I am utterly confused.

You aren't using that browser plugin that Kion is working on, are you?

Ah, the plugin! I completely forgot that that was a part of it. I only got it for the emergency code notification. That explains it.

Pretty certain I know the reason actually. This guy I have subscribed to on Youtube lives in Japan and does Japan videos. In one of them, people wanted to buy Japanese items from him via Ebay, but he had a lot of trouble with it and eventually gave up. The reason is, over here (here as in UK and America) in our banks we write our names like Ben Johnson (not my name by the way). In japan they are written like "Johnson Ben" which make the credit check fail when they compare banks. In addition, the Japanese names are meant to be written in Katakana making it worse.

Basically, for you to use your own bank card and have it work smoothly, you name when signing up for the bank would need to be in katakana and also backwards.
    And that can't happen as our banks wouldn't take us on then.
    -PSO2 Character-
    Name: ナユキ
    Hu: 71 Fi: 75 Ra: 70 Gu: 75 Fo: 75 Te: 75 Br: 75 Bo: 70
    Race: Newman
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aya~ View Post
    Card gets denied and they tell you to contact your bank. Your bank then tells you that it is up to the merchant and has nothing to do with your bank even as you see your banks logo popup with security checks and such mid purchase attempt.
    Pretty much this and completely overlooked~