Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I need help! PC wont boot up!

ATTNTION, expect a lot of typos, im typin this on my Vita

Well as the title says, myPC wont boot

this happened yesterday when i tried to OC my CPU and then when trying fo boot it up it wouldnt do anything. Igoogled that i had to reset the CMOS, which i did... and my PC wouldnt boot up BUT the next morning it worked again.

OK

so i come back from class today and went to PSO2 and played a bit... suddenly got a blackscreen... and PC wouldnt boot up again... and here i am, typing this...

and btw, i use a I5 2500k which i was using OCed at 4.0GHz till yesterday i tried to OC it to 4.5GHz. when i got the blackscreen it was at the usual 4.0GHz

Help!>_<

<|Friendly Warrior||Theme made by Zorafim|>
    <|Wired-Lance Super Hard Boss Battles|>
    <|Visit my Flickr for PSO2 Related Pics!|>

That's your PC's way of saying: "You should take a break, master~<3"

Did you hear any popping? You might've blown something on your board or perhaps caused damage to your PSU. Does the PC power on at all? Any LEDs on your motherboard coming on?

Try it with a different PSU if you can, otherwise it sounds like overvoltage may have fried something. 4.5GHz is a decent push, after all.

Could be heat related too. Might only work at certain temperatures and needs to cool off.

nope, didnt hear any pop

yeah, it is >_<
    ill ask a friend who has a spare PSU tomorrobut are there any more ideas? >_<

If you can try it in a cooler area after its been off for a while, it would at least negate that argument.

It's tough to say but it's sounding more like something either shorted or the processor kinda ran itself to death under that higher voltage. I'm not 100% privy to the symptoms of a dead/fried processor but it would certainly be in jeopardy if running it at higher voltage made your PC freak out that quickly.

Are you saying that the CPU might have go boom? but that is funny because it worked fine till some minutes into PSO2. and also the PC was running from morning till i got the black screen one hour ago...

Just saying it's possible, and the stability of it could be in question if any damage was done during when it was running at 4.5GHz. Hard to say without physically seeing what it's doing. Don't freak out yet; just let it cool off for now and assume it's heat-related until you can do the usual tech-SOP and swap out components to narrow down what's wrong.

hmmm... how much could it take to cool down completely?

Just try to boot it every half-hour or hour. If it's not showing signs of life in the next hour or so, something's probably damaged. I'm not really sure otherwise.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen something like this happen when OCing, and it further sucks when you can't get in far enough to mod the voltage.

Does your PC have an internal speaker for diagnostics when booting up? If you can at least get a beep string, you'd probably be able to find more information. Best option now is to let the thing cool for a bit (shouldn't take more than 30-60 minutes), and strip out everything but the bare essentials (CPU, 1 stick of RAM, try to run with onboard video, etc.) and see if you can get any new info that way. Since you don't have immediate access to a new PSU, that's probably the best course of action.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?