Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I just feel like they get a worse rep than they deserve. The problem is that I only have techer at 25 on Tori and don't have it at all on Milla so it's gonna be a while before I can do anything. I'm partly worried that I think they're so good because of the low levels I've played Techer at.
    Well for techs in current endgame enemies frequently die in 1 or 2 techs. The difference in the wand's TATK can often mean needing another tech to kill something.

It's a bit like hunter. It's not bad. It's just not as good as something else.

Wands are really just weak rods with more melee damage. In many ways fi/fo does that better, with specialized melee and stances to amp up your tech damage, with all of force's better offensive options. If you can get an umbra stick or madame's umbrella you're set for a casting weapon, too.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Mar 15, 2013 at 06:17 PM.

They're also tied to a class that ultimately has no redeeming features besides PP restoration and doesn't even really have an identity outside of the Wand itself.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It's a bit like hunter. It's not bad. It's just not as good as something else.
    Honestly, this is reasonable and I think it's all I wanted to hear. I really wish playing a support role was more viable in this game though.

Techer is a sub imo to buff FO dmg and support capabilities. We need more support options such as jellen/zalure and something to extend range of all buffs/debuff/resta and for the love of god, reverser/revive spell plz. I hate being half ass support class when that is my favorite thing to do in a game.

I want to love techer.. please
    Last edited by ~Aya~; Mar 15, 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Techer needs Charge PP Revival to function. PP Restorate and PP Convert and Cetus-Proi and PP Recovery J are all next to useless without Charge PP Revival.

For a Force, or a Te/Fo or a Fo/Te, one second spent charging a technic is one second spent regaining PP. For a Techer without PP Charge Revival, you get no PP regen while charging or casting technics. From the time you start one tech until the moment you JA another tech to start charging that one, you will have gained 0 PP. No matter what passive skills you have, no matter what active skills you have up, no matter what PBs you have in a 12 person chain, no matter what mag trigger action is firing. Zero PP while casting. Period.

A Force with 100 PP can cast Foie 5 times in a row (12 left over), Zan 7 times (9 left over), and Zonde 11 times (12 left over).

A Techer with the same can cast Foie 5 times (0 left over), Zan 5 times (10 left over), and Zonde 4 times (8 left over).

With lv10 PPR, a Fo/Te or Te/Fo can cast:
    As many Foies as they want for 30 seconds with PPC lv10 and end with full PP
    As many Zans as they want for 30 seconds with PPC lv3 and end with full PP
    As many Zondes as they want for 30 seconds with PPC lv1 and end with full PP

With lv10 PPR and lv10 PPC and Cetus-Proi and PP Recovery J, a Techer alone can cast:
    Foie 5 times with 0 PP left over
    Zan 5 times with 10 PP left over
    Zonde 4 times with 8 PP left over

And then the Techer has to wait a few seconds for their PP bar to refill before casting again.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Mar 15, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Techer needs Charge PP Revival to function. PP Restorate and PP Convert and Cetus-Proi and PP Recovery J are all next to useless without Charge PP Revival.

For a Force, or a Te/Fo or a Fo/Te, one second spent charging a technic is one second spent regaining PP. For a Techer without PP Charge Revival, you get no PP regen while charging or casting technics. From the time you start one tech until the moment you JA another tech to start charging that one, you will have gained 0 PP. No matter what passive skills you have, no matter what active skills you have up, no matter what PBs you have in a 12 person chain, no matter what mag trigger action is firing. Zero PP while casting. Period.

A Force with 100 PP can cast Foie 5 times in a row (12 left over), Zan 7 times (9 left over), and Zonde 11 times (11 left over).

A Techer with the same can cast Foie 5 times (0 left over), Zan 5 times (10 left over), and Zonde 4 times (8 left over).

With lv10 PPR, a Fo/Te or Te/Fo can cast:
    As many Foies as they want for 30 seconds with PPC lv10 and end with full PP
    As many Zans as they want for 30 seconds with PPC lv3 and end with full PP
    As many Zondes as they want for 30 seconds with PPC lv1 and end with full PP

With lv10 PPR and lv10 PPC and Cetus-Proi and PP Recovery J, a Techer alone can cast:
    Foie 5 times with 0 PP left over
    Zan 5 times with 10 PP left over
    Zonde 4 times with 8 PP left over

And then the Techer has to wait a few seconds for their PP bar to refill before casting again.
    But as I've said, Techer obviously isn't meant to spam techs. When you run out of PP you hit things. I agree that the PP recovery stuff is pretty useless without subbing FO though.

I feel what they need is a better approach. I know I had some rebuttals to that, but I do think they need one. I feel a lot of people are just playing techer like Force. Of course techer is going to lose out to force in tech spamming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    or even an interesting unique step attack incorporated into mirage escape.
    YES. Make it a flash step/blink or something, SOMETHING that makes them stand out from forces and synergizes with melee combat! They really need it, along with actual PAs that use the wand instead of merely basic attacks.

Alternatively, just fix the damn delay on the wand casting so techers can actually be, y'know, techers on a level with forces...

And yet wands are not far and away better at Strike damage to make melee more appealing than spamming techs as a Techer. You get no S-Atk based PAs or skills or anything like that. You only have your normal wand swings, which isn't much stronger than swinging around a Madame's Umbrella instead (without a Hunter sub even).

Only way the melee damage even becomes half decent is with Fi sub, but even then it's still meh.

Well, techer doesn't bring enough of its own to the table. Force is better at being a force than techer is at being a techer.

If techer had the kind of toolset that fighter does things would be different, but unfortunately it just wasn't given the attention needed for such a different role.