Default pso2.exe fails to actually close every time.

Hello once again all.
    Everytime I exit PSO2 properly (Logout -> Exit Game), the game does appear to close, and doens't seem like there's a problem. But if I open the Task Manager and go to the Details->Processes tab, pso2.exe is still always running. I found this out because if I do not manually Force End pso2.exe, the launcher refuses to start again.

Any idea what can cause this rather annoying bug?

Quote Originally Posted by xuhor View Post
    Hello once again all.
    Everytime I exit PSO2 properly (Logout -> Exit Game), the game does appear to close, and doens't seem like there's a problem. But if I open the Task Manager and go to the Details->Processes tab, pso2.exe is still always running. I found this out because if I do not manually Force End pso2.exe, the launcher refuses to start again.

Any idea what can cause this rather annoying bug?
    I have a similar problem, except it's not everytime.

Background info: Play pso2, things seem to be normal. At one point though, there's a noticeable unusual lag when npc'ing, opening friend list, transferring items, etc. At this point, my CPU Spikes up a bit (from the 10-16% range to the ~35% range), temperatures run high and this makes me want to log out and close the game.

It's when that unusual lag/cpu spike happens that the game fails to actually close.
    Note that, if I attempt to end process via task manager, it reports back "Access is denied," however I am able to end the process via resource manager (and consequently, gameguard). Interestingly though, I can't 'end process tree' via resource manager.

Oh, one other thing: After reaching this point, every re-launch of pso2 afterwards will retain similar systems unless i reboot the computer.

No idea what causes it.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

I don't get any of that lag stuff.

We probably are having different problems, the only similarity is the pso2.exe not closing.